Author Topic: Aurigan Coalition weapon production.  (Read 19859 times)

wanderer25

• Sergeant
Re: Aurigan Coalition weapon production.
« Reply #30 on: 12 July 2019, 11:00:33 »
You . . . know . . . a AgroMech is a IndustrialMech, just a specific type?  Its like saying 'Centurion' when talking about BattleMechs.

I known I meant it for the construction division.

wanderer25

• Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 12 July 2019, 11:04:12 »
Did I misunderstand your post?  I thought you said they did?  ???

NO I mention it was listed in the RAT for light armor.

wanderer25

• Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 12 July 2019, 11:10:59 »
His own creation . . . and as much as I usually hate it when that sort of thing comes up . . . if you are going to just throw out random created stuff, it belongs in the fan-made area.  If you want to discuss 'did LRM Carriers mean that or Striker vehicles and do they build either one?' then that is the sort of topic for this area.

To be honest, I think it makes the AC a bit more interesting if they can build the hulls for Scorpions, Galleons & Strikers but have to import all the weapons from the MOC except MGs and say . . . LRM15s, which is what one of the APC mounts.  It keeps them a bit above some of the other places but not one the level of TC/MOC/MH/OA.

To be fair I did mention I was going to do this in my original post , but point taken.

The Mechdur  fluff mentions  Mech weapons , Missile launchers and or ACs seem the most probable.
« Last Edit: 12 July 2019, 11:25:04 by wanderer25 »

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #33 on: 12 July 2019, 11:18:36 »
Good catch, pg 33 for Mechdur says up to mech weaponry while the business profiles on pg 22 says ADM does mech & veh armor along with mining.

So yeah, good bet the Scorpion and Galleon can be built on Mechdur, maybe the LRM Carrier if you want to posit MGs, MLs, LRM15/20s and AC/5s.  Strikers make sense too except for being a 'new' design though IMO I would give it to them since they were all over in the games though I would go with glitterboy's Striker (Arano) variant as either a clone or the old BT vehicle 'parallel' development.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

wanderer25

• Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: 12 July 2019, 11:18:58 »
if they can build SRM4's and LRM15's for those APC's, i could see an aurigan custom Striker variant using those instead of SRM6 and LRM10. would be basically a straight swap. though i'd switch the ammo round to be two tons LRm and 1 SRm instead of the other way round like normal. keeps the same basic endurance but improves the LRM throw weight.

and the Striker ought to be a fairly easy chassis to build. it is basically a bulked up flatbed truck with armor and a turret. (i would also presume they can make the Standard and Armor variant Flatbed Truck. possibly the SRM and LRM versions if they can source the launchers.

The question is, the Striker is a fairly "new" design in this time frame, would it have spread that far in the Periphery long enought for them to  copy it?

Flatbed truck with mounted weapons seem easy enough with their access to basic heavy industry.
« Last Edit: 12 July 2019, 11:23:16 by wanderer25 »

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #35 on: 12 July 2019, 11:52:02 »
It depends on how you take the bit in, IIRC, TRO 3026 about how each vehicle is a 'type' commonly found though the specifics will differ between Houses.  For example we have the Rommel/Axel . . . the Axel is pretty much a clone of Rommels, especially when looking at the fluff (I think) about how they were raided for fusion engines that were replaced with ICE.  So while a in the LC its called a Rommel, it might be called Hetaiori in the Free Worlds League with some different looks in the armor and different model of weapons- say a Imperator or Irian AC/20 rather than a DefHes model.

Sort of like how the USSR licensed out the AK-47 design to . . . Czechs, ChiComs, Vietnamese and others that were technically given different names/designations, but upon sight are typically just called AKs.

But I think TPTB have moved away from that for vehicles . . . so the Striker had nearly 25 years to spread across the IS for the Aurigans to get their hands on the plans to build as a staple of their armed forces.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

wanderer25

• Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: 12 July 2019, 16:21:35 »
I agree that the lasers for the APCs should be imported with the Periphery as the sources.  Most of the production from IS makers probably goes to mech factories and the military
with any left over going to supply providers and other middlemen.

Missiles launchers seem the most probable to me. I'm sure someone will correct me but a missile tube seems allot easier to make/replace and an AC barrel.
The heavy rifle might be a good option, sure its "primitive" but packs almost the same punch as an ac-10.

In addition to med lasers those local APCs also pack heat sinks for said lasers. A heat sink factory migh make a nice little money make for Mechdur with out
attracting to much attention. The CC probably has quite a few heat sink factories, losing the Mechdur one would'nt be that big a deal, beside they dont need to
own the factory to keep buying from it!

As a pirate which would you be more likely to target. A laser factory or a heat sink/armour factoty. Sure you could use those heat sink/ armour plates.
But given the weight and bulk , how much could you make off with to be worth the effort and cost.

Mechdur seems to have a bit more autonomy then other Coalition members. I'm pretty sure local concerns would employ a collection of small merc outfit (under a company)
to guard their various interests?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #37 on: 13 August 2019, 21:55:13 »
Pages 24 an 25 under High Lady:

other than a Kintaro-16 and an unknown Atlas variant, nothing heavier than a Wolverine... that's a 55 ton mech.

on page 25, " A typical Mechanized Infantry Battalion feature large numbers of Scorpion light tanks and Galleon light combat vehicles, backed b LRM Carriers for long-range support with the occasional repaired and refitted Taurian Demolisher or Manticore... "

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #38 on: 19 August 2019, 07:30:06 »
Typical doesn't mean all so other units could be found like AC/2 carriers and support vehicles.

Could the Aurigans use primitive rocket launchers and rifle cannons? They'd be easier to produce than missiles and autocannons.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #39 on: 19 August 2019, 15:41:45 »
Something came to mind...

This is supposed to be from the HBS game, just made to tabletop, right?

And where this game ends is around 3039 or so, correct?

Interstellar Operations has rules for all eras.

Meaning the Aurigan Coalition should have all the tech up to the basic box set! Either full productions or prototype weapons! Since Energy weapons cost more to make and this is a small realm, most weapons should be ballistic and missile. Whereas any potential energy be considered an optional, but expensive weapon.

I propose that any tech should be either leftover from the last war, the Reunification one, or Taurian / MoC forces... trade / stole - rebuilted.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Dulahan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #40 on: 20 August 2019, 11:47:55 »

And where this game ends is around 3039 or so, correct?

3028, actually.  Just up to the start of a certain little conflict...

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #41 on: 20 August 2019, 12:05:06 »
WELL . . . the campaign is said to start in 3024 IIRC . . . and it can take as long as you want . . . and go on afterwards, so its not exactly like it has a end date.

BUT if you play through in a timely manner and do not stall, yeah you can meet the SB's intro fiction date of 18 July 3026.
Colt Ward

Cavgunner

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #42 on: 29 August 2019, 22:49:32 »
Doesn't the Aurigan sourcebook provide any info on this topic?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #43 on: 30 August 2019, 12:37:41 »
It follows the BT trend of not giving specific numbers/places.  It talks about building pieces but never anything for sure.  If you can make tractors, you can make tanks if you can get the armor & weapons- which they also make, scroll up to see the page numbers.  Its why I think they make the vehicles that are listed- Scorpion, Galleon and LRM Carriers.  For the mechs they are known to have, AC/5s, LRMs and MLs will go a long way to repairing most of their damage/use.
Colt Ward

wanderer25

• Sergeant
« Reply #44 on: 31 August 2019, 10:19:29 »
It follows the BT trend of not giving specific numbers/places.  It talks about building pieces but never anything for sure.  If you can make tractors, you can make tanks if you can get the armor & weapons- which they also make, scroll up to see the page numbers.  Its why I think they make the vehicles that are listed- Scorpion, Galleon and LRM Carriers.  For the mechs they are known to have, AC/5s, LRMs and MLs will go a long way to repairing most of their damage/use.

Those homegrown APCs also use single heat sinks and other handy generic mech part  to make localy.