Author Topic: Legends of the Past: A Time of War 2764 Star League Campaign  (Read 3557 times)

PreacherPatriot1776

• Sergeant
Featuring 1st Company 2nd Royal SAS Battalion 7th Special Operations Group
Holland’s Honey Badgers

Incoming transmission…

Connection Protocol Initiated…

Cryptographic Encoding/Decoding Initiated…

Connection Established…

Transmission Reads as Follows…

*Priority* *Priority* *Priority* *Priority* *Priority* *Priority* *Priority* *Priority* *Priority* *Priority*

TO: CO, 1st Company
RE: Operation Safety

Date: 3 January 2764

3rd squad has been tasked with counter-espionage operations in Unity City, Terra. This is a top secret mission that must be handled delicately. We have reports that something strange is happening in the palace from credible sources located inside of the city. We need you to investigate the situation and gather all evidence and intelligence that you can. Weapons fire must be avoided at all costs unless fired upon. You will maintain comm silence until the mission is done.

1st Company will remain nearby and will assist if 3rd squad is in trouble. Cover story for the operation will be protecting the First Lord from external threats in case of discovery.

Upon end of mission, you will be debriefed and prepped for immediate re-tasking depending upon the information you have retrieved.

Be alert for priority transmissions.

General Koji Talasko

End Transmission…

I am looking for one to three more players to participate in a Star League campaign where the group are all part of the SLDF SAS “Blackhearts”. The group will be meeting on Saturday at 1-2 PM EST. We will be using Roll20 and Discord for the game.

The campaign will be using Hero Mode for a more cinematic experience. Characters will be created by using a modified life path system. Every character receives 6,100 starting experience and may take up to 600 experience in negative traits. Vehicle and Custom Vehicle traits are not allowed. One person must go through Officer Candidate School, instead of taking their advanced course, to be the officer in charge of the unit. Skill ranks will be capped at 4.

Character Affiliations will be taken from Era Report: 2750 as they are different from what is presented in ATOW. If the players wish to have their unit receive the Royal designation they must all choose Terran Hegemony as their affiliation.

The Field requirements will be Special Operations and Pilot/Battle Armor. This is due to the Blackhearts being trained to use the Nighthawk battle armor.

Character options for additional fields are: Technician/Military, Communications, HPG Technician, Medical Assistant, Planetary Surveyor, Analysis, Covert Operations, and Intelligence. This is to represent the true range of specialties given during academy training due to the improved education system of the time.

Player input is welcome and appreciated as I view the relationship between the GM and players as one of shared cooperative storytelling. We are both equal in that regards since we both add things to the overall game experience with the emphasis on the characters’ impact to the story. I work best if the players give me a lot to go on with regards to their background. I have 33 years of experience running games as a GM in over 50 different role playing systems.

BE ALL THAT YOU CAN BE!
Do you want to see the stars and do your duty within the Star League?
Are you between 16 and 18 and a graduate of an approved academic institution?
Apply to your local SLDF recruiting station for a chance to attend one of our 200 academies! *
*The SLDF is an equal-opportunity organization, and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, orientation, nationality or ethnicity. Some academic and physical fitness restrictions apply. The Star League Unified Military and Legal code applies to all applicants, including the right of extradition to member-state jurisdiction as appropriate.
« Last Edit: 17 June 2018, 20:37:48 by PreacherPatriot1776 »

PreacherPatriot1776

• Sergeant
Re: Legends of the Past: A Time of War 2764 Star League Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 17 June 2018, 19:16:38 »
We had a fourth player join, but still have room for 3 more.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 17 June 2018, 19:36:47 »
I am looking for one to three more players to participate in a Star League campaign where the group are all part of the SLDF SAS “Blackhearts”. The group will be meeting on Saturday at 1-2 PM EST.

Looks like a neat campaign.  I'm sure I speak for several when I ask whether this is a game that's going to be run online or in person.  And if the latter, what part of the world you're in :)

PreacherPatriot1776

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 17 June 2018, 20:37:14 »
Thank you for pointing out my oversight on it being online or offline. :)

I will be running it online using Roll20 and Discord. I have a Discord server set up and have four players already. If you are interested PM me and I will send you the server address.

So far none of the players have expressed interest in being the commander, so you are welcome to it.  :))

PreacherPatriot1776

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 19 June 2018, 14:46:13 »
The game's day has been changed from Saturday to Sunday. I would like to get everyone together this Sunday to make characters as a group.

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 04 July 2018, 00:06:11 »
What time on sunday... and can I get the discord invite so that Maybe sometime I can just come and watch to see it this is a campaign game for me or not...

-Mek
You might not live more than once, better make it good.

I was born 6-gun in my hand, Behind a gun I'll make my final stand, That's why they call me... Bad Company...

Register