Author Topic: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing  (Read 166537 times)

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
Re: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing
« Reply #1290 on: 02 April 2019, 01:28:45 »
Nintendo handhelds have been like that since at LEAST the DS, and it's in large part due to the fact they treat putting something to sleep as required for the whole system and not "well, except for these which they might find helpful to run in the background!" which is something i wish other handhelds and friggin' phones would learn.

i left my 3DS in sleep mode for 3 days with half a battery* and it was still not ready to warn me it needed a recharge when i noticed.

*forgot i turned it on at all, honestly.

My 3DSxl lasted usually about 3 days before dead. The problem is that streetpass and WiFi functionality stays on. The Switch in sleep mode is down with no WiFi. It’s similar in performance to the Kindle.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1291 on: 02 April 2019, 01:31:15 »
Part of a three-day Federation right now and we've pretty much gutted our rivals though there are two Fallen Empires on either side of the map; one i get along with and the other pretty hostile if the borders get too close to it. Right now I am working on repairing a broken ringworld within my territory

Nice!! I forgot to research that so I'm currently doing that to repair the ringworlds I got from one fallen empire. I was right about the end game crisis coming up... The unbidden popped up near me but I had gotten my fleet to around 215k. So while the rest of the galaxy stood around and watched, I helped out a homie and kept taking out the smaller fleets with a science ship nearby to scoop up the remains. Finally took on their fleet of 195k in a pretty epic battle that only knocked my fleet of battleship and cruisers to about 160K.
 Built up and finally took out the other fallen empire who had a bunch of cradle worlds!! I promised them I would be coming back for that pop they took one day.
 Now the galaxy is pretty much split between my federation and another one with a couple bit players who are standing back eating popcorn.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1292 on: 06 April 2019, 12:23:28 »
Nice!! I forgot to research that so I'm currently doing that to repair the ringworlds I got from one fallen empire. I was right about the end game crisis coming up... The unbidden popped up near me but I had gotten my fleet to around 215k. So while the rest of the galaxy stood around and watched, I helped out a homie and kept taking out the smaller fleets with a science ship nearby to scoop up the remains. Finally took on their fleet of 195k in a pretty epic battle that only knocked my fleet of battleship and cruisers to about 160K.
 Built up and finally took out the other fallen empire who had a bunch of cradle worlds!! I promised them I would be coming back for that pop they took one day.
 Now the galaxy is pretty much split between my federation and another one with a couple bit players who are standing back eating popcorn.

That's cool; just got an alert in my situation log that something is approaching my galaxy so I am now preparing for war. Pretty sure my end is safe but I have a feeling one of the rivals i gutted will fall quickly
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #1293 on: 08 April 2019, 00:28:07 »
Finished the Darkest Dungeon, got Reynauld and Dismas to the end.
Shoot first, laugh later.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1294 on: 08 April 2019, 01:07:31 »
Borderlands GOTY enhanced is getting a shakeout for sure.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #1295 on: 08 April 2019, 02:08:08 »
Finished the Darkest Dungeon, got Reynauld and Dismas to the end.
Congratz! Do you have count how many hours you have with the game?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1296 on: 08 April 2019, 14:48:19 »
Currently level 98 Fallout 4, and only 52% completed...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #1297 on: 09 April 2019, 00:14:43 »
Congratz! Do you have count how many hours you have with the game?

70 hours, 114 ingame weeks without Crimsom Court, game warned me it's too hard for the first playthrough.
Shoot first, laugh later.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1298 on: 10 April 2019, 04:00:36 »
So a few play throughs back in Stellaris I noticed a planet named Rasalhague and appropriately fan boied. While checking out the wiki today I randomly decided to check out the Easter egg section only to find out it is indeed a Battletech reference!!
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #1299 on: 17 April 2019, 19:20:42 »
In light of the devastating fire at the Notre Dame de Paris, Ubisoft wants to give all gamers the chance to experience the majesty and beauty of the cathedral through Assassins Creed Unity on PC free... https://register.ubisoft.com/acu-notredame-giveaway/en-US

Interesting... I was watching reporters and historians talking about rebuilding Notre-Dame yesterday. They were estimating some 20-40 years to fully rebuild... IF they could even source the appropriate materials in our time. <That was a lot of ancient oak that went up in the night> Apparently, oak has been over-harvested in Europe. Anyway, lots of interesting facts, but they did mention that one of the sources they would likely draw from was the Assassins Creed Unity game, that had recently done a full laser-scan of the entire architecture. Surprising, and fascinating times we live in.
« Last Edit: 17 April 2019, 19:22:16 by IAMCLANWOLF »

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #1300 on: 17 April 2019, 19:39:27 »
That's cool; just got an alert in my situation log that something is approaching my galaxy so I am now preparing for war. Pretty sure my end is safe but I have a feeling one of the rivals i gutted will fall quickly

Sounds like the Swarm is coming.  "Safe" is a very nebulous term with them.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1301 on: 18 April 2019, 00:53:19 »

Isn't the swarm the one you just gotta use nothing but energy weapon and armor against? The game I'm playing I managed to vessel 8 races within the first 100 years and took out 3 fallen empires before 2400, I won but I'm waiting for end game crisis. Also finally got the worm!! What was will be!!

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #1302 on: 05 May 2019, 11:40:57 »
I've watched couple videos about Subverse video game under work by Studio FOW. This from game's senior producer:
What is going on?!?!? I go to bed and dream of soaring on a magic carpet ride with Ai Uehara, and I wake up to find out we not only made £1,000,000...WE FLEW PAST IT INTO A WHOLE NEW WORLD WHERE A SILLY SPACE BOOBIES GAME IS PROBABLY GOING TO RANK IN THE TOP 20 VIDEO GAME KICKSTARTERS OF ALL TIME.
Outrage is to be expected, and I'm interested to see if it exceeds that of Mass Effect and Dead or Alive 6.

[edit]
If you're going to Google Studio FOW or Subverse, results WILL BE NSFW and in violation of the forum rules. You have been warned.
« Last Edit: 05 May 2019, 11:43:11 by Matti »
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1303 on: 05 May 2019, 15:36:58 »
Played this short, weird little adventure game called Minit. You pick up a cursed sword that kills you every minute and sends you back to the last house checkpoint with your progress intact. The puzzles aren’t intensely difficulty but you have to think fast and remember where everything is. Most of the collectibles are off the main trail. I finished the game with only 39% collected

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1304 on: 05 May 2019, 17:20:06 »
Played this short, weird little adventure game called Minit. You pick up a cursed sword that kills you every minute and sends you back to the last house checkpoint with your progress intact. The puzzles aren’t intensely difficulty but you have to think fast and remember where everything is. Most of the collectibles are off the main trail. I finished the game with only 39% collected

That one is a clever game. I don't think I finished it, but I def. enjoyed the time I spent with it.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1305 on: 09 May 2019, 20:40:34 »
Playing War Robots, Steam version.  This is a freedium Mecha-based game, which pits you against live players in selected battlefields.

It's fairly quick game, 10 minutes game play, with large selection of Bots (as their called) which have interchangable weapons. 

It's kinda of a switch to me, since i played the droid version for many years, got used to how swift things were. However Steam one newer, but robots are more slower but more mecha like.  It's still fun, though you got grind earn gold and silver to buy and develop parts to get better weapons.

You can use your Steam account to buy components, in-game cash, bots and weapons as well if you get tired of waiting.
« Last Edit: 12 May 2019, 16:09:16 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1306 on: 11 May 2019, 21:58:58 »
Finally picked up the Forbidden Gods expansion for Grim Dawn, and started on my third Character. This time I'm rocking a dual-pistol Purifier. Been having a lot of fun with this build so far, it's a definite switch from the usual melee Characters I run.

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

Easy

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1307 on: 16 May 2019, 23:45:41 »
cleanup
« Last Edit: 29 May 2019, 13:49:17 by Easy »

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #1308 on: 17 May 2019, 10:30:30 »
BattleZone is on sale this weekend on Steam.
Search word gives me 5 hits. Looks like all are on sale. I already have the VR version. Otherwise a good game, but I REALLY NEED A MANUAL! :ticked:

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1309 on: 29 May 2019, 09:14:18 »
 burned through the first three dragon quests on my phone over the past week. i had played them a bit back in the day on NES but never finished any of them. the second one especially is super old school with the whole "you actually have to talk to npcs and gather (and remember!) cryptic clues" business. the third might be the best 8-bit jrpg made - and actually had a fairly sizable plot twist (for the time) as you slowly realize it's the prequel legend that sets up plot of the first two games

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1310 on: 02 June 2019, 00:59:04 »
NHL19 is a free download on Xbox and I quickly have learned I know nothing about hockey 😂😂. I'm used to the NBA games so I'm having to look up what a butterfly style is and such, very humbling but fun.

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1311 on: 04 July 2019, 19:54:33 »
Got in the mood to play through the Crysis series again, when I realized that for some reason I've never actually finished Warhead or Crysis 3! ??? So, I'm skipping the first game for the time being and rocking through Warhead at the moment.

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1312 on: 04 July 2019, 20:02:27 »
Playing War robots on Steam.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #1313 on: 05 July 2019, 08:49:16 »
Got in the mood to play through the Crysis series again, when I realized that for some reason I've never actually finished Warhead or Crysis 3! ??? So, I'm skipping the first game for the time being and rocking through Warhead at the moment.
I have installed original Crysis on my two newest desktop computers. I still haven't played it through. Looks like I'm dedicated wargamer now with first-person shooters left behind.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1314 on: 05 July 2019, 09:42:11 »
I have a Gameboy Micro, last charged......at least 10 years ago.  (I have just about all iterations of the Gameboy Console, part of having worked in the industry, might be missing a few)

Needed a time killer for camping, and wanted to see if it was still alive.  Still says it had a full charge, and camping it went.  Super Robot Wars OG 1 with the stars was liberating in a way.  (Lasted 2 nights before complaining about charge too!)

My 3DSxl lasted usually about 3 days before dead. The problem is that streetpass and WiFi functionality stays on. The Switch in sleep mode is down with no WiFi. It’s similar in performance to the Kindle.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1315 on: 05 July 2019, 10:55:34 »
cadence of hyrule is fun. i thought they might make a crypt of the necrodancer sequel (one of my favorite games in the past ten years) but i don't think anyone expected a zelda crossover.

Dubble_g

• Lieutenant
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
« Reply #1316 on: 05 July 2019, 21:35:09 »
Picked up BioWare's Anthem for $20 and just finished the main campaign. This game gets a ton of bad press, but if you just play it as Mass Effect in battle armor, it's fine. Not great, but fine.

It definitely feels like a BioWare game awkwardly grafted onto social loot shooter mechanics.

It's got the mission, talk to people at base, mission cycle from ME, but none of the people you talk to go on your adventures or impact the game or campaign in any way, so you wonder why you're bothering.

Dialogues give you a kind of Renegade/Paragon reply option, but again, they don't seem to make any difference, so why bother?

There a some good things. The suits are fun, flying is cool, environment designs are nice.

Guns are kind of dull, just shotgun, AR, sniper etc archetypes, but the special abilities are fun to play with. Combos are a thing, like ME3.

Anyway I suspect the guns all actually perform the same regardless of displayed stats, to allow high and low level players to do missions together.

Only thing that seems to matter is the cooldown on your abilities.

Enemies are seriously bland. Missions either defend the point or kill the VIP style. Bit repetitive.
Inventory is straight out of ME1.

Some of the basic things are pretty bad though. The UI for menus in particular is pretty crap and unintuitive. Game does a very bad job of explaining the mechanics.

Like if I level up my "Arcanist" ranking I get access to "blueprints" but I've no idea which ones. Or at a high level you get to use "consumables" but it never tells you what they do or how to access them.

But overall I feel like I got my money's worth. I don't need a game that demands I play forever to keep up. Okay story, kind of fun combat, and I'm satisfied.
« Last Edit: 05 July 2019, 21:38:02 by Dubble_g »
Author, "Inverted" (Shrapnel #4), "Undefeated" (#10), "Reversal of Fortunes" (#13) and "The Alexandria Job" (#15)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #1317 on: 05 July 2019, 21:55:57 »
Anthem likely would have gotten better press had EA not sabotaged Mass Effect Andromeda to promote it.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #1318 on: 06 July 2019, 00:09:29 »
It seems to me that many gamers nowadays aren't happy with anything. Best sellers seem to suffer of "It's popular, now it sucks". When the most appreciated games from generation ago are re-released on new platforms, those are called expensive (regardless of how low the price), bad port, laggy (every replica of an old console/computer with built-in games), and whatever else. Game reviews (at least those written in English) like to bash Eastern European ethnicity (Witcher series, Kingdom Come: Deliverance) and appearances of women in Japanese games (Dead or Alive 6 + more). If BATTLETECH video game hadn't had 3 pronouns, it would have been bashed about by something else. Just... BS
« Last Edit: 06 July 2019, 00:35:20 by Matti »

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #1319 on: 06 July 2019, 00:32:07 »
"Gamers" is a category that encompases people from nearly every age category, race, religion, ethnicity, political affiliation, and gender you can name.  I don't see why it's a surprise that part of that group has different things that they complain about with different games.  Or if they complain about companies who have a long habit of cranking out mediocre content every year and charging a premium for it while.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Register