Author Topic: Just returned  (Read 972 times)

RobDavion

• Recruit
Just returned
« on: 02 March 2018, 23:36:00 »
Just returning after a decade hiatus, picked up 20 Alpha Strike Lances and some clan Omni mechs and battle armor, but I cannot seem to locate a starter box. Is there only a rule book now?

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Re: Just returned
« Reply #1 on: 02 March 2018, 23:52:41 »
The last box is out of print.  The new box sets are coming out this summer.  Reprints of all the main rulebooks are coming as well (Total Warfare is first).  The BattleMech Manual came out recently, and you can still find copies of the Alpha Strike books out there.

And welcome back to the battlefield!  8)
« Last Edit: 02 March 2018, 23:57:10 by Valkerie »
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 02 March 2018, 23:56:05 »
There's no box sets right now. But, there's two in the pipeline for later this year.
A 2-Mech Beginners Box (around $20 USD) and a 8-Mech box called The Game of Armored Combat (around $60 USD). Each box comes with new sculpt minis, new maps, new cardboard punch-out Mechs, and new fiction.

Oh BTW, a number of those minis have new visual designs of the Unseen/Reseen defined as Classics. You can start here on Shimmering Sword's DA account. There are 15 so far.

Oh, and welcome back to the madhouse... er... Forums!

RobDavion

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 03 March 2018, 06:30:14 »
Sweet, thanks fellas.

Do you have to answer the questions and complete the captcha every time you post?

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #4 on: 03 March 2018, 07:01:10 »
Sweet, thanks fellas.

Do you have to answer the questions and complete the captcha every time you post?

Only for your first ten posts, then it goes away.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #5 on: 03 March 2018, 08:23:59 »
Serious question: is there something magical about 10 posts that keeps the bots away?  I have a couple of newly registered players who struggle with the Captcha for various reasons, and if there's anything I can do to make their lives easier, I'd like to...