Author Topic: Stalker II, 1st Liao Guards  (Read 9141 times)

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
Re: Stalker II, 1st Liao Guards
« Reply #30 on: 25 October 2015, 19:10:41 »
Or I can improvise. Well, at least I can try to ... ;) It is just like Photoshop - you add new layers, filters and masks until you are happy with the result. Only you don't have a "hide layer" button ...

Now that is what I call an analogy.

Good grief, have I been missing the CSO skill progression all this time? That's phenomenal work. The stripes over the missile pods is an effect I didn't know was missing on minis till now, but boy howdy does it offer a better sense of scale.

The lighting is something I think I could do, but not in terms of color selection. I'd probably also under-do it than over-do it, reducing the effect too much (personal habit).
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

GunjiNoKanrei

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • tired ... very tired ...
    • darklined.com
Re: Stalker II, 1st Liao Guards
« Reply #31 on: 26 October 2015, 07:41:13 »
I remember a thread not too long ago about the Stalker II having some odd lines on it as a result of the 3D printed master.  Did yours have that?  If it did, how'd you fix it?
Sorry, only saw this now. Yes, my Stalker had the same issue and, to be honest, it almost led me to not paint the miniature ... I battled the lines with files, plastic putty thinned with water (Miliput would work as well - mixing Miliput or Plastic Putty with water creates a nice filler for shallow gaps or rough surfaces which can even be filed when dry) and last but not least paint.

I have heard that the latest batch of Stalker II (and Tomahawk II) miniatures doesn't have these issues anymore. But I can't confirm that.

Register