Author Topic: TSEMP overpowered? (contains FM3145 spoilers)  (Read 38538 times)

Yeti

• Sergeant
  • Mechanized Infantry
Re: TSEMP overpowered? (contains FM3145 spoilers)
« Reply #300 on: 27 September 2013, 19:19:32 »
Huh, so it is.  I apparently need to get my eyes checked.

Though, I can't imaging a point of protos having anything less than appalling BV for mounting TSEMP.

The idea is more to put 1 TSEMP equipped Proto in each point and take normal Protos for the rest, to keep the BV low and the TSEMP can just shoot each other round and does not affect the other attacks of his point.

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #301 on: 27 September 2013, 19:22:08 »
The idea is more to put 1 TSEMP equipped Proto in each point and take normal Protos for the rest, to keep the BV low and the TSEMP can just shoot each other round and does not affect the other attacks of his point.

Or you could take the electrified armor for ProtoMechs.

Yeti

• Sergeant
  • Mechanized Infantry
« Reply #302 on: 27 September 2013, 19:38:15 »
Or you could take the electrified armor for ProtoMechs.

I thought that was society (and HW clans) exclusive tech, so noone in the IS has access to it.
And the 6 round charging time of EDP armor is too limitating IMO.

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #303 on: 27 September 2013, 19:43:12 »
I thought that was society (and HW clans) exclusive tech, so noone in the IS has access to it.
And the 6 round charging time of EDP armor is too limitating IMO.

Sure, it's a 6-round charge time...but if you have 5 Protos with it, you can have one use it each turn and only have a one turn gap.   :)

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #304 on: 27 September 2013, 19:44:22 »
Kinda getting in this a bit late. Read through the rules, haven't actually tried them out yet though.

But I must say, this whole topic seems a bit...well, overblown. The game balance of TSEMPs really depend on only one thing: the "sportsmanship" of the players involved.

Guess I'm lucky in my group. We mostly play canon designs (mostly just a speed issue, can print out all the RS on SSW). Don't really have any muchkins/power-gamers. We all play pretty aggressively. We'll pounce on any tactical mistakes someone makes, but we'll always explain the mistake if asked. We have one hard rule: "Have Fun".

I am looking forward to trying it out tough. As I like being sneaky and evil to other players (for example, I love the Munchkin card games >:D), it makes my inner Cappie happy. Would I flood the field with them? No of course not. That wouldn't be fun for the other players and would be to limiting for myself.

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Yeti

• Sergeant
  • Mechanized Infantry
« Reply #305 on: 27 September 2013, 19:50:32 »
Sure, it's a 6-round charge time...but if you have 5 Protos with it, you can have one use it each turn and only have a one turn gap.   :)

The low BV of EDP means i can literally flood the battlefield with light ultra-mobile EDP-protos, but that would be cheesier than a Savannah Master swarm  ;)

Acolyte

• Lieutenant
« Reply #306 on: 27 September 2013, 20:34:43 »
Ahem. It was only 6 Heat for 3 Turns, not 10. 10 Heat was if you were struck by an Arrow IV Inferno Missile.

Nope. That's the BT compendium rules, I'm talking about MW 1st ed, the RPG. Infernos have been slowly neutered over time, and for good reason.

- Shane
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion
It is by the coffee that my thoughts acquire speed
My teeth acquire stains
The stains become a warning
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #307 on: 28 September 2013, 00:22:16 »
...If you use TSEMP as an handheld weapon, do you still get interference when firing?

CloaknDagger

• Major
« Reply #308 on: 28 September 2013, 00:28:21 »
...If you use TSEMP as an handheld weapon, do you still get interference when firing?

The handheld would certainly.

Though whether that's a good use of an 80 ton mech with TSM or 160 ton mech is debatable.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #309 on: 28 September 2013, 01:04:13 »
You can't really rely on Standard TSM to provide it's lifting bonus so it would have to be a 'Mech using iTSM

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #310 on: 28 September 2013, 02:09:54 »
The handheld would certainly.

Though whether that's a good use of an 80 ton mech with TSM or 160 ton mech is debatable.

Though...for the one shots....it might be good. You can use double sinks for hand helds?
If you can, then that is 9 tons, or 14 tons with singles...
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #311 on: 28 September 2013, 11:06:33 »
Singles only, thankfully.

Register