Author Topic: UK Players Roll Call  (Read 44804 times)

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
Re: UK Players Roll Call
« Reply #150 on: 24 April 2019, 12:26:01 »
Hey, Birmingham here, never played a game other than MegaMek, never even touched a mini (gasp!).

I've only played a handful of real games and normally struggle to get MegaMek to work
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

Talen5000

• Lieutenant
    • Handbook: Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #151 on: 02 May 2019, 19:06:47 »
Might as well throw my hat in the ring

Belfast/Lisburn, NI.
"So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?" -- Uncle Arnie

Fedrats

• Recruit
« Reply #152 on: 03 May 2019, 13:04:18 »
I’m in Long Eaton, between Derby and Nottingham.
I’m a new player, so take it easy on me.

SteveUK

• Sergeant
« Reply #153 on: 26 May 2019, 07:06:24 »
Does anyone know if there are going to be any Battletech/Alpha strike events or games at this years UK Games Expo ?

SanchoPanzer

• Recruit
« Reply #154 on: 28 May 2019, 00:59:15 »
I don't think so. I am hopeful that some traders will be selling Battletech...

Chinless

• Modicis Amice
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #155 on: 28 May 2019, 06:50:55 »
I don't think so. I am hopeful that some traders will be selling Battletech...

There were a few items in the bring and buy, but didn't see much else last year. Obviously that was prior to the release of the box sets and map though. Hopefully they'll be more this year.

Chris

SanchoPanzer

• Recruit
« Reply #156 on: 28 May 2019, 12:46:16 »
Fingers crossed.

SanchoPanzer

• Recruit
« Reply #157 on: 28 May 2019, 13:01:48 »
Any players in the Warrington/North Cheshire area?

SanchoPanzer

• Recruit
« Reply #158 on: 05 June 2019, 15:14:09 »
There were a few items in the bring and buy, but didn't see much else last year. Obviously that was prior to the release of the box sets and map though. Hopefully they'll be more this year.

Chris

Well, really enjoyed the Expo this year. Alas, not much in the way of Battletech products for sale. Do you think Catalyst will try and push the new product lines in Europe?

Would be great to see Catalyst at UKGE next year

Mr WoBbie

• Recruit
« Reply #159 on: 23 June 2019, 03:48:31 »
Telford, England. Currently running games at my local gaming club every alternate Friday evening, and the occasional Sunday morning-afternoon.

StarhawkMerc

• Recruit
« Reply #160 on: 29 June 2019, 05:05:25 »
Just joined the group and getting back into the game after a long time out. any players in the Burton / Derby area that can meet up for a game?

jamesbeil

• Corporal
« Reply #161 on: 29 June 2019, 10:07:40 »
Northamptonshire - I've posted on here before but I've got two players involved, and there's a few more at Northants Wargamers, anyone else nearby fancies swapping some AC20 shells?

Amon ChaKai

• Recruit
« Reply #162 on: 07 July 2019, 04:17:02 »
Hello all. Kind of a new player in London. Have played the Wizkids Dark Age game and PC games for Many years and been picking up the books for this version to read for years but only really started playing a few months back. Looking to get a lot more games in. Have been mostly playing at Dark Sphere in London and am looking to go to the event at Warboar later this month.

MikhailF

• Recruit
« Reply #163 on: 22 July 2019, 05:14:57 »

I'm in Lancaster SanchoPanzer.

All my books etc are back in Australia,Clan Invasion Kickstarter will be me getting back in actual tabletop, after more than a decade of almost purely megamek, and not even megamek in the last few years!

Does anyone know of any good gaming stores for finding BT players in the northwest?

Zimm Kotare

• Recruit
  • Wolverines!
« Reply #164 on: 22 July 2019, 09:05:31 »
Hello! I am Matt, from Plymouth, South West UK. Will travel to defeat filthy Surat freebirth.

Or, you know. Play BT.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #165 on: 22 July 2019, 10:35:11 »
Hello! I am Matt, from Plymouth, South West UK. Will travel to defeat filthy Surat freebirth.

Or, you know. Play BT.

Hi Matt, Glenn from Bere Alston, where about's in Plymouth are you based?

rodzeb

• Recruit
« Reply #166 on: 27 July 2019, 16:52:42 »
Hey, I live in grays and I'm interested in playing some battletech. I've bought some of the rulebooks and mechs, but never played it. Are there any groups around London that play battletech and would welcome new players?

Zimm Kotare

• Recruit
  • Wolverines!
« Reply #167 on: 01 August 2019, 13:16:09 »
Hi Matt, Glenn from Bere Alston, where about's in Plymouth are you based?

Yo, I'm in Plymstock, not that Plymouth is big enough for any part of it to be that far away from anything else!

Do you play anywhere at the minute, or would you be game for a meet up?

StarhawkMerc

• Recruit
« Reply #168 on: 02 August 2019, 05:05:53 »
I’m in Long Eaton, between Derby and Nottingham.
I’m a new player, so take it easy on me.

Ah your not too far away from me.

Is there somewhere you play as I'd be happy to drive up from Burton to meet up for a few games.

StarhawkMerc

• Recruit
« Reply #169 on: 02 August 2019, 05:07:09 »
Northamptonshire - I've posted on here before but I've got two players involved, and there's a few more at Northants Wargamers, anyone else nearby fancies swapping some AC20 shells?

I am in Burton so not too far away, if you fancy trading AC20 Shells let me know and I can always make the drive down there for a game or two.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #170 on: 18 August 2019, 07:16:37 »
Yo, I'm in Plymstock, not that Plymouth is big enough for any part of it to be that far away from anything else!

Do you play anywhere at the minute, or would you be game for a meet up?

Have PM'd you bud.

Averick

• Recruit
« Reply #171 on: 24 August 2019, 08:02:33 »
Hello!

Despite having a slight obsession with MechWarrior and the Battletech Universe for the past 25 years or so, I've only recently acquired some miniatures (thanks to the new boxed sets)!

Anyone local to Bristol interested in a game with a relatively new player, or know of any groups that play?

Kilderkin

• Corporal
« Reply #172 on: 28 August 2019, 03:29:56 »
Hey, I live in grays and I'm interested in playing some battletech. I've bought some of the rulebooks and mechs, but never played it. Are there any groups around London that play battletech and would welcome new players?

I’ve played against a guy that lives in Grays a few months back. If you have Facebook there is a Battletech UK Southeast. Mug and Meeple in Gravesend is doing a Battletech event on the first. Bit of a pain with the bridge toll. Could always ferry across?

strategoslevel3

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
« Reply #173 on: 28 August 2019, 12:14:48 »
We have a growing community in the SouthEast of England.  We have a facebook group at BattleTech UK Southeast https://www.facebook.com/groups/1245801392236276/

I also have a blog at https://comstar.home.blog 

4 days to go before our War of 3039 Narrative Event, at the Mug and Meeple, Gravesend, Kent, UK.  Still time to sign up.  Beginner friendly - all you need is a BattleTech : A Game of Armoured Combat box to play.

https://www.facebook.com/events/379840329340747
https://comstar.home.blog/war-of-3039-vega-narative-event/

Phocion

• Corporal
« Reply #174 on: 04 January 2020, 10:25:32 »
Hi all.

Throwing myself in here too, as am moving back to the UK at the end of January 2020.  Will be based near Liverpool, at least temporarily, so up for some games if people are available nearby.

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #175 on: 10 March 2020, 05:06:49 »
Telford, England. Currently running games at my local gaming club every alternate Friday evening, and the occasional Sunday morning-afternoon.
ooo! I'd like more information on this please! I live in Birmingham, 45m-1hr away.

What time do you start? Where is the club? How many people do you have playing?

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
« Reply #176 on: 10 March 2020, 05:10:12 »
***location update***

I am moving back to London from Sussex in the next week or two
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

Mr WoBbie

• Recruit
« Reply #177 on: 10 March 2020, 06:38:07 »
ooo! I'd like more information on this please! I live in Birmingham, 45m-1hr away.

What time do you start? Where is the club? How many people do you have playing?

I'll just put the link here:
www.stagstelford.co.uk/

Currently, we've got about 4 regular players, including myself. Mainly play in the 3050's at the moment, due to the campaign we're running, but I personally don't have a problem with other eras. If you're thinking about coming down, you'd probably be best contacting the club first to see if there's a game on that weekend, as we have to share table space with a lot of other systems.

Phocion

• Corporal
« Reply #178 on: 10 March 2020, 11:47:41 »

I'm just South West of Liverpool, on the Wirral, so quite close.  If you are still looking for games let me know.