Author Topic: Fan Art Contest  (Read 2012 times)

cassek

• Recruit
Fan Art Contest
« on: 25 November 2011, 08:42:11 »
I have some art I wish to enter into the Fan Art Contest but Im not sure where to go or what to do. Can someone please help.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
Re: Fan Art Contest
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2011, 20:40:59 »
For Battle Corps?
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

cassek

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 26 November 2011, 02:39:21 »
Sorry! I forgot to put that in. Yes its for Battle Corps Fan Art Comp. Thankyou!

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #3 on: 26 November 2011, 11:52:50 »
Well, I'd start over at www.battlecorps.com :)
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 27 November 2011, 05:10:27 »
Unfortunately you have to be a member to submit an entry per the rules quoted below:

It’s that time of the year again, when we offer our loyal fans an opportunity to prove they’ve got what it takes to contribute to the incredible art that helps define the BattleTech universe.
Before you wave your hand and think “not me,” or “they’ll never pick anyone,” remember that the winner of last year’s art contest did contribute to a print BattleTech product.
This contest is open to any current BattleCorps subscriber.
The following elegibility terms and conditions shall govern the contest:
• To enter the contest, the fan must submit one piece of original black and white art. Fans may submit more than one submission, but each should be unique, not updates of a previous submission
• All files must be .jpg format, at 150 dpi in grayscale. Files not matching those specifications will not be judged
• The illustration must be of a canon Mad Cat (any model, artist’s choice. All are acceptible; MKII, III, MKIV, all versions and variants)
• All submissions will be posts to the 2011 Fan Art Contest section of the BattleCorps Gallery (use the top navigation bar).
• Fans have until December 1, 2011 to post their submissions
• The winner will be chosen by Brent Evans, Catalyst’s Art Director for and long time BattleTech illustrator.
• The winner will be announced on BattleCorps and will be posted between December 15-31
• The prize is a contract to illustrate 1 image for the upcoming BattleTech product
• The winning applicant will receive art direction from the BattleTech team to ensure the images is as good as possible
• The winning applicant must agree to allow one of the editorial artists to redraw any part of the image should their final work fall short of production quality
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

cassek

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 30 November 2011, 06:18:12 »
Thanks for your help Kit. I eventually found that you have to be a PAYED subscriber. I tried to subscribe but when it came to the payment page it kept screwing up and sending me to some other webpage. Giving your bankcard details to some strange website is not a good idea. I sent an email informing them of the problem, but got nothing back. Im going to post my entry here for everyone to see. I spent to much time on them to just throw away. So, thankyou very much your help.