Author Topic: What do Command Rights do?  (Read 1431 times)

AdaC

• Corporal
What do Command Rights do?
« on: 21 August 2020, 12:34:31 »
More noob questions: What do Command Rights in the contracts thing do? I can renegotiate them, but does it have any bearing on the game at all?

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
Re: What do Command Rights do?
« Reply #1 on: 21 August 2020, 13:00:23 »
Basically, it influences how many and what type of AI buddies come with you on missions. Integrated = 2 AI buddies, House = 1 AI buddy, Liaison = 1 player-controlled buddy, Independent = zip.

You lose 1 VP per lost AI buddy in a battle. How you define "lost" is up to you, I personally define it as "mech is not recoverable or mechwarrior is dead", but it's entirely up to you.

AdaC

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 21 August 2020, 21:29:35 »
Thank you. Looks like Liaison is best for me :D The AI tends to charge when it shouldn't.

pfarland

• Captain
  • Star Captain Farland - 'Forever Faithful'
« Reply #3 on: 21 August 2020, 23:23:59 »
Yeah, I found out LONG ago, that Princess doesn't agree with my sense of tactics so I refuse anything less than a Liaison.
Rule number 4 of product design*: "The concept of 'Intended Use' never survives initial contact with the end user." - Feign

"It should come to no surprise that this forum loves solving problems with war crimes. " - SteelRaven

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 24 August 2020, 09:24:41 »
Windchild already made a solution for this; on the following MekHQ release it have an option to take control of the liaisons. I am not the part of the dev team so I don't aware of the ETA of the next version, but it was already implemented so it surely available on the new version.

txsoldier94

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 07 September 2020, 17:29:37 »
Just do a change owner in the lobby.

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #6 on: 07 September 2020, 19:02:00 »
Thank you. Looks like Liaison is best for me :D The AI tends to charge when it shouldn't.

You can also tweak Princess' configuration settings to get the AI to "chill the heck out" (well, OK, maybe only a little) - although it is still pretty unlikely to do with the 'mechs what you would do with them under your direct control.
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."