Author Topic: Proliferation of Era Report 2750 "Gold Level" Mechs  (Read 1412 times)

CVB

• Captain
Proliferation of Era Report 2750 "Gold Level" Mechs
« on: 29 January 2019, 23:04:07 »
Were the "Gold Level" mechs listed in ER2750  (Battlemaster BLR-1GHE "HellSlinger", Crab CRB-27sl, Lancelot LNC25-01sl, Mackie MSH-9HKR "Kill-Roy's Little Buddy", Wyvern WVE-5Nsl)

a) only used in the context of the Martial Olympiad, or
b) were they also issued to SLDF frontline forces?
If b, were they issued to regular units or reserved for the Royals?

Thanks in advance
"Wars result when one side either misjudges its chances or wishes to commit suicide; and not even Masada began as a suicide attempt. In general, both warring parties expect to win. In the event, they are wrong more than half the time."
- David Drake

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, but I'm not willing to hang it by the neck until it's dead, dead, dead!

Gravedigger

• Freelance Writer
  • Sergeant
Re: Proliferation of Era Report 2750 "Gold Level" Mechs
« Reply #1 on: 31 January 2019, 15:53:30 »
The intent of those 'Mechs when I wrote them (along with Golden Age of Technology section on page 148) was that those units could be considered 'Royals' of a sort to the faction that uses them. So to answer your questions...

- They would be seen in the MO, yes.
- The 'sl' designated designs would be rare among SLDF forces, but present in small numbers the same way as other Royal designs, but perhaps slightly less so.
- And I would assume that the designs would be reserved for fairly skilled pilots (think Elite) with something on the order of 85% going to Royal units, and the other 15% going to regular SLDF forces.
- Additionally, non 'sl' designs produced like the 'k's and 'd's on page 129 would be the equivalent of 'Royals' for House Kurita and House Davion respectively. So rare, and issued only to highly skilled MechWarriors.

I hope this helps!
Aaron "Gravedigger" Pollyea

CVB

• Captain
Re: Proliferation of Era Report 2750 "Gold Level" Mechs
« Reply #2 on: 01 February 2019, 03:56:11 »
It does! Thanks a lot.
"Wars result when one side either misjudges its chances or wishes to commit suicide; and not even Masada began as a suicide attempt. In general, both warring parties expect to win. In the event, they are wrong more than half the time."
- David Drake

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, but I'm not willing to hang it by the neck until it's dead, dead, dead!

Register