Author Topic: Email notifications - "Be careful with this message"  (Read 3324 times)

Middcore

• Lieutenant
  • The Inner Sphere could always use more Heroes!
Email notifications - "Be careful with this message"
« on: 03 April 2021, 12:23:54 »
Every time I get an email notification for a new reply to a followed thread or PM, Gmail slaps this big yellow warning on it.

Obviously I know the emails are legit and not some sort of phishing, but maybe something should be done with the domain settings to stop it from happening? Just wanted to make sure the admins were aware of it. No big deal.
I write BattleTech fanfics. You can find them all on ScribbleHub, and I welcome your comments.

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
Re: Email notifications - "Be careful with this message"
« Reply #1 on: 03 April 2021, 13:21:34 »
In some WiFi networks I use I can't actually access the website since it is marked as a phishing and spam site.

Middcore

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 03 April 2021, 15:09:52 »
In some WiFi networks I use I can't actually access the website since it is marked as a phishing and spam site.

Oof. That's quite a bit more problematic than a yellow box on the email notifications.
I write BattleTech fanfics. You can find them all on ScribbleHub, and I welcome your comments.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #3 on: 03 April 2021, 17:55:27 »

Same that or it's a marketing site trying to sell :D
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #4 on: 03 April 2021, 17:57:06 »
It's been over a year since I received an e-mail from the forum... I think AOL is blocking them entirely.

Middcore

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 03 April 2021, 18:10:57 »
It's been over a year since I received an e-mail from the forum... I think AOL is blocking them entirely.

AOL?

My God, man!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #6 on: 03 April 2021, 18:29:49 »
So I'm old... what?  ::)

rjhancock

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek Server Guy and Mac Enthusist
« Reply #7 on: 27 May 2021, 10:34:46 »

If they are using OpenDNS, that matter needs to be taken up with them. Same issue with the MegaMek sites and have been trying for several years to get them to fix it and nothing has changed.

rjhancock

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2021, 10:35:27 »

It's been I have no idea how long since I've gotten an email from this forum. Not sure it's AOL blocking and the forum just not sending them.

rjhancock

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #9 on: 27 May 2021, 10:36:38 »
Every time I get an email notification for a new reply to a followed thread or PM, Gmail slaps this big yellow warning on it.

Obviously I know the emails are legit and not some sort of phishing, but maybe something should be done with the domain settings to stop it from happening? Just wanted to make sure the admins were aware of it. No big deal.

Using Gmail to send emails would cause the issue. Forums need to use an email service (such as SES from Amazon, Mailgun, Mailchimp, etc) and setup DKIM would allow all the email to flow and should remove that warning.

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #10 on: 27 May 2021, 22:31:24 »
AOL?

My God, man!

So? I still use it! :P

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

Register