Author Topic: MUL Feature Request(s): Add Custom Card to Force & Save / Load Force from file  (Read 2717 times)

SilverSword

• Private
While I am thrilled to be able to create custom cards, the issue I have is that once I have created them they are essentially lost from MUL for future use. I know there is no way to allow us to store customs on the MUL server, but I would like to be able to add my customized unit to my force list so that it can be printed along with the rest at the proper size.

Second after creating a force and saving the PDF, there is no way to modify it other than laboriously go in and recreate the force. There could / should be a way to save the force to a file and load it back into the MUL. A .csv file would be plenty, it doesn't need to be pretty, just work.

FenderSaxbey

• Master Sergeant
I know this is probably a bit of an annoyance for the MUL folks (I imagine this is not the first time they've had this request), but using local storage available in modern browsers might be the answer (assuming it isn't an unqualified "no").

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
as an aside, the errata and suggestions thread up in the errata subforum is the best place for feature requests. this space is for problems with the extant website.

user requests aren't really that much of an annoyance - we don't get a ton. Realistically, item 2 (load a previous force) would have a better shot of implementation than item 1 (add custom units).

the best workaround I can offer is saving the cards as images (including custom cards) and pasting them into a word doc. That way you can switch units in and out without having to reconstruct and reprint the whole unit.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

SilverSword

• Private
Thanks for the pointer, I will repost there

Register