Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
VAT is the killer not shipping.

Was there not going to be EU distribution with this KS?

Yes.  But CGL told everyone that they had to pay VAT over and over from where you click to select your pledge level to the FAQ to even the thing were they said they had an EU Distribution center
BattleMechs / Re: Crane Utility LAM
« Last post by Gorgon on Today at 10:55:40 »
Funny you should say that. I was thinking about a kind of "Personal Transportation Pod" to be mounted in bomb bays. Specifically with LAMs in mind. Maybe I'll write up my thoughts on it later.

As for the Crane, I feel like I'd have to  give up too much to mount a reasonable (~4 ton) bomb bay, so I'll leave it at that. I'll guess we'll have to rely on Wasp LAMs from the local garrison to fill our water bomber needs... (Or go with conventional planes, if you're basic)
Opinions of the Dragoons, minus plot armour are higher so far than I expected.
Can we get CGL to take the books off before they calculate VAT on our orders, or do we have to try & reclaim it from Revenue afterwards?

No idea, sadly
So, for a point of comparison, attached are the shipping costs of my two Clan Invasion Backings. One was a GALAXY COMMANDER with lots of Extras on SPLIT SHIPPING with the quoted amount being the second wave shipping, the STAR COLONEL was a single shipment.

I have bought a comparative amount in this KS (actually even less this time around then the first KS) so comparing even to the larger of the two the GALAXY COMMANDER, it had a shipping for $52 (USD so around $70 CAD). Compare to this KS of $260 (again, gonna assume already in CAD as has the GST Tax added) that's an almost 300% increase in shipping. Makes me a very sad boy  :sad:
Camacho’s Caballeros. They’re homegrown skilled mech pilots, unorthodox, and have some good infantry (even downplaying Cassie from one woman Mech killer to just competent skilled infantry woman).

How to break them? Have them do a military parade. No way they stay disciplined enough to not have that turn into a complete disaster.
MegaMek Games / Re: Coming Soon to MegaMek
« Last post by Hammer on Today at 10:33:41 »
Hammer, does this mean it's possible to save off (ie, export) Story Arc modules, to be downloaded and traded around to be imported or otherwise used by other players and/or campaign GMs?

If so, put me in, coach.

Yep, this is the exact plan. We are still working up how that will work. Right now we are aiming for people to download a zip and unzip into the data folder.  We are also planning an editor that will start as a simple text type editor and over time become a flow chart style editor (that is still a very long way off).
Fan Art / Re: Motivational - The Return
« Last post by Luciora on Today at 10:29:25 »
Even Battletech isn't safe from impostors!
I'm not in the UK, I'm in Ireland where it is indeed 23%.  Though books are 0% so I might be able to claw some back from Revenue.

Can we get CGL to take the books off before they calculate VAT on our orders, or do we have to try & reclaim it from Revenue afterwards?
I'm not in the UK, I'm in Ireland where it is indeed 23%.  Though books are 0% so I might be able to claw some back from Revenue.

My Apologies - I did not wish to presume.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10