Author Topic: If Not For BattleTech, I'd Play.... (Voting closes Sunday, 30 June 2013)  (Read 36346 times)

CJKeys

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • Defend this house!
I would probly end up playing Warmachine and Flames of War
"Now sit down, shut up, and let us Davions do what we do best: kill people we think aren't free enough." - Reaver

Bergie

• Warrant Officer
Just saying, but I'm starting to REALLY get into some of Paradigm Concepts games right now.  Arcanis I've been into for a few years now (seriously, give them a look if you like High Fantasy which focus' on actual story and not just tactical combat), but their Witch Hunter system is really starting to draw me in.  If you like colonial-era history with a taste for Gothic Horror, that is the game for you guys!
Returns from the Dead to be a Taurian and Shark/Fox Fanboy

imrahil505

• Corporal
it woulda been warhammer or warhammer 40k until they turned me off by their receint policy.  so it would either be flames of war or dropzone commander

Taurevanime

• Captain
Since I got into Battletech for the fluff and story as opposed to actually playing the game it is hard to say. (I live on a small Caribbean island of around 140k people. So hobbies like this are unheard of)
I might give Leviathans a look, but the problem with alternate history games is that I feel they can never really attempt to change their timeline or move forward in it. And that is what I love about Battletech, the game started in around 3025 and now we are nearing 3150. The timeline does not sit still, the characters and borders change. And though characters change, the culture of factions stay the same. And that allows someone like myself to root for one of them and study them more thoroughly.

So I believe I might not have any replacement. And thus a lot more money in my wallet.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
BrikWars or a home brew WarHammer variant using HeroQuest, Talisman 3e and BattleMasters minis, none of which are now acceptable under GW rule sets, but are what I've got on hand.  (The mere mention of BattleMasters' "Chaos Archers" once triggered an apoplectic fit of rage in a hardcore player.)

Or Descent: Journeys in the Dark.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Hi,

Oh, sorry. This opinion solicitation has closed. Thanks all for their participation.

Thanks,

- Herb

Register