Author Topic: (Answered) Combined Transport and Infantry Formations  (Read 2528 times)

SC_Dave

• Sergeant
(Answered) Combined Transport and Infantry Formations
« on: 19 September 2019, 04:56:11 »
Hi, I wanted to check if my understanding of Combined Transport and Infantry Formations is correct. On p121 of the Alpha Strike Commanders Edition (PDF) the introductory text for these formations states "A formation may include ‘Mechs or vehicles that, in addition to their own combat role, serve as transport for integrated infantry units" and "A Mechanized or Nova formation is built on top of an existing formation for the ‘Mechs or other non-infantry units."

Does this mean, for example, that you could take a Battle Lance of omnimechs with 6 point lucky then add a lance of battle armor and choose the Mechanised bonus ability?

Or, am I reading too much into the introduction and the non-infantry transport units should not get bonus abilities if they meet the requirement for another type of formation (i.e. the only bonus abilities available to combined formations are Mechanised or Nova)?
« Last Edit: 04 October 2019, 20:52:29 by nckestrel »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Combined Transport and Infantry Formations
« Reply #1 on: 04 October 2019, 20:51:33 »
That's right.
You build a formation with the non-infantry.  Like your Battle Lance example.  Then you make it a Mechanized Battle Lance. The 'mechs have the Battle Lance bonus ability, the infantry get the mechanized bonus ability for use with their Battle Lance.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Register