Author Topic: AToW Campaign  (Read 3297 times)

Daemonknight228

• Lieutenant
  • mei veneratio est mei vita
AToW Campaign
« on: 06 January 2012, 05:59:22 »
So, GreyJaeger attempted to start up an AToW campaign, but for various reasons it failed to take off. I am now starting up my own campaign on Intelser.

I have given perspective players the option of choosing the general setting: you have the option of choosing to play a Mercenary Campaign, or a Special Forces campaign. By Special Forces, I mean the party is a team from one of the House Intelligence agencys' SF groups, such as Loki or DEST. In the Merc campaign, players will be under the command of an NPC CO and XO, but will otherwise hold positions of responsibility in the command. Eventually, the players will assume full command of the unit. In the Special Forces campaign, players will be given their targets, but all aspects of the missions are up to the players to decide and organize; however, unlike the Mercenary campaign, where the players are on their own to procure supplies, the Special Forces campaign will feature support from their parent agency in various forms.

Also, players will be allowed to choose the era/year in which the game will take place. The various options are listed in the poll on the website. So go on over, sign up for the forums, and vote in the poll if you would like to join in!
Global Moderator - Intelser.org

"I imagine he burned up on re-entry. That kind of happens when one is spaced in orbit without any kind of flight suit, parachute, or other protective gear...."
-Herb Beas

Space him from orbit...it's the only way to be sure.

BirdofPrey

• Major
Re: AToW Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 07 January 2012, 06:21:21 »
Erm, Linkage?

Anyways, sounds cool.  I'd love to get into a capmaign, I just hope the fact I work graveyard shift wont ruin things.

Coronoides

• Private
« Reply #2 on: 07 January 2012, 06:32:17 »
I'd like to be in.
Setting wise I'm happy to go with any of the offered ideas but I know more about the the FedCom period say 3055-end of civil war.
Always seeking BT players in Melbourne

Daemonknight228

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 07 January 2012, 06:56:46 »
the Intelser forums: http://intelser.org/forums/index.php

sign up for a forum account, then head to the AToW OOC section, and you'll see my post. Working schedule doesn't cause me any issues, since I don't work or goto school(for the time being), but we'll know more about it when we get the game moving foreward.

"I imagine he burned up on re-entry. That kind of happens when one is spaced in orbit without any kind of flight suit, parachute, or other protective gear...."
-Herb Beas

Daemonknight228

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 07 January 2012, 19:41:53 »
just an update, i've decided to take away the option to choose the start time, and I am going with a 3062 campaign. It makes it easier for me to start writing material before the group gets put together, and it gives the players(should they choose the mercenary option) the chance to look over their parent command.

-Herb Beas

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 07 January 2012, 19:49:08 »
I take it we will need to use affiliations from Era Report 3062 then rather than going stock AToW?

Daemonknight228

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 07 January 2012, 23:13:26 »
All I have is the stock AToW book, so anything from the AToW book is perfectly fine. I don't have any of the Era Reports or Hot Spots books at this time, but I'll allow people to use them. However, if you'd like to use something from a book I don't have(such as the Era Report 3062), please send me a PM on Intelser describing what it is so I have a reference.

-Herb Beas

Register