Author Topic: I'm bored, crossover time: Battletech x Marvel Superheroes  (Read 2537 times)

lucho

• Warrant Officer
  • say hello to my new friend!
I'm bored, crossover time: Battletech x Marvel Superheroes
« on: 03 November 2018, 22:11:19 »
The title says it all. I'm still writing up the details, but here's the synopsis: Some gifted tinkerer- not the next Reed Richards or Tony Stark, just talented enough to be dangerous- opens a dimensional gate to the Battletech universe. So now you have a battlemech or two on Marvel Earth.

Here's the guidelines:
1) This is a bit of Btech hardware (and maybe a very unlucky mechwarrior or two) on Marvel Earth, not the other way around.

2) At least for the moment, I'm just using IS tech, no clantech.

3) I'm basing the conversion on the AP and BAR ratings; first thing on the To-do list is to write down my head canon for the BAR x Material Strength conversion table . (Btech artillery on Marvel Earth is Bad News )

Thoughts? Comments? Is this too much? Let me know  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Re: I'm bored, crossover time: Battletech x Marvel Superheroes
« Reply #1 on: 04 November 2018, 00:21:26 »
If you don't have the "Nebula California" PDF, you might want to grab it from the CGL store.  It has rules for doing super heroes with 'Mechs (putting hero stats/powers into BattleTech mechanics).

Or, if you want to fall back on the old TSR Marvel Superheroes game for stats, a typical human there has about 25 hit points, and 1 point of BattleTech damage kills a typical human, so you can use that as a rough conversion factor, which would result in Hulk's standard punch doing 4 damage, and a very angry Hulk's punch doing 20 damage.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

lucho

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 04 November 2018, 01:31:48 »
If you don't have the "Nebula California" PDF, you might want to grab it from the CGL store.  It has rules for doing super heroes with 'Mechs (putting hero stats/powers into BattleTech mechanics).
*snip*

No, I don't have it  :-[

Yes, the idea is a return to the good ol' TSR Marvel Superheroes; my idea of using BAR vs MSH material strength  means that it will probably come out a little different  ;)

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #3 on: 04 November 2018, 08:00:59 »
Nebula California:  Available here for the low, low price of free.

https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-welcome-to-the-nebula-california-pdf
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

ckosacranoid

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 04 November 2018, 13:23:22 »
and its a very fun read anyway.

lucho

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 05 November 2018, 07:06:39 »
ok, DL'ed it and read through it. Entertaining read.

The system therein is very basic, and not intended as a full system. My idea is to put battlemechs and such in the Marvel system. Still, Nebula California is a good starting point, both for 'supers' and magic

Register