Author Topic: Looking for Canon Art Piece  (Read 4530 times)

cray

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don't you think?
Looking for Canon Art Piece
« on: 31 January 2011, 10:59:31 »
A couple of days ago, I found (as a byproduct of another BT internet search) a full-color picture of a Dragon running off a small bluff and planting a foot squarely in the face of another 'Mech. I know its a fairly recent picture, but can't find it in my books and can't reproduce the internet search that led to it.

Does anyone have a link or book reference?
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

**"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything." --Wash, Firefly.
**"Well, the first class name [for pocket WarShips]: 'Ship with delusions of grandeur that is going to evaporate 3.1 seconds after coming into NPPC range' tended to cause morale problems...." --Korzon77
**"Describe the Clans." "Imagine an entire civilization built out of 80’s Ric Flairs, Hulk Hogans, & Macho Man Randy Savages ruling over an entire labor force with Einstein Level Intelligence." --Jake Mikolaitis

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
Re: Looking for Canon Art Piece
« Reply #1 on: 31 January 2011, 11:03:09 »
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

ItsTehPope

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 31 January 2011, 11:05:18 »
A couple of days ago, I found (as a byproduct of another BT internet search) a full-color picture of a Dragon running off a small bluff and planting a foot squarely in the face of another 'Mech. I know its a fairly recent picture, but can't find it in my books and can't reproduce the internet search that led to it.

Does anyone have a link or book reference?

Sounds like the Boot To The Head image..I think its from the IBS
If you actually care to listen to my thoughts outside of Battletech, find me at www.uselessblot.com

(4:37:55 PM) moonsword134: You're a bastard.
(4:38:11 PM) moonsword134: And so's the talking whiskey monkey who lives in bottles of tequila to give you ideas.

(4:52:52 PM) ShinjoJinturi: simply by having tag on the field, even in a game that appears to not have any lrms or arrows on the board, you can inspire fear

M-Rex

• Lieutenant
  • In Ferro, Veritas.
« Reply #3 on: 31 January 2011, 11:07:10 »
That's a Vohwinkle piece.  I think he has it on his website.

"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round...

"Carrying stuff may be a sign of improper utilization of your minions." - 'Freelance Writer' Paul

DaveMac

• Lieutenant
  • Running for home...
« Reply #4 on: 31 January 2011, 11:09:40 »
Page 58 of Battletech 25 Years of Art and Fiction

Cited as Franz Vohwinkel, Classic Battletech: A Game of Armored Combat 2002
Go to red alert!
Are you sure sir?  It does mean changing the lightbulb.

cray

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don't you think?
« Reply #5 on: 31 January 2011, 11:28:53 »
That's it! Thank you.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

**"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything." --Wash, Firefly.
**"Well, the first class name [for pocket WarShips]: 'Ship with delusions of grandeur that is going to evaporate 3.1 seconds after coming into NPPC range' tended to cause morale problems...." --Korzon77
**"Describe the Clans." "Imagine an entire civilization built out of 80’s Ric Flairs, Hulk Hogans, & Macho Man Randy Savages ruling over an entire labor force with Einstein Level Intelligence." --Jake Mikolaitis

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.

Fatebringer

• Major
  • 138th Mechanized Infantry The Chicago Division
« Reply #6 on: 31 January 2011, 14:23:02 »
The first time I saw that was as a poster at Gencon a few years back, I was awed, then I cheered :)

Star Captain Jared Siegel ~ Clan Snow Raven Forum
"If every mech was built like in MWO, we'd all be carrying ammo in our feet..."

Yu Kigono

• Private
« Reply #7 on: 31 January 2011, 20:53:28 »
I always loved that image. But I loved it even more when they had a Sorenson's Sabres Dragon do that exact thing in the Gencon Diorama a couple years back.

Register