Author Topic: Davion's and other Houses Folly following blindly Devilin Stones pipe dream.  (Read 1744 times)

Legendmaker

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
    • Battletech & More Channel
Okay I'm having a friendly debate about Devilin Stone. I contend he and Houses like Davion sold out to the idea of the Republic. It was Davion that lead the charge and convinced the other house to lay down their arms. And to form Devilin's Folly. I'm not saying it is all Davions fault. But it was the spark of exhaustion that motivated. Now after all is Settled I contend in the Age of Destruction. Many of the Houses are awakening to the realization they betrayed themselves to a nut bag . It is funny to think Liao withstood against this almost alone for a very long time. Only in the end to be proven right when Devilin Stone just up and disappeared. Leaving the Inner Sphere to suffer .

So this person wanted to state in the later years that there is still only one real honest house (Davion) I contend and it pains me to say this even Kurita my favorite House followed for to long the misleading advise of Davion. Now we have to rebuild and wonder were we all that stupid. Thank goodness the Jade Falcons never bought into a lie called the Republic. Okay free to respond based on history timeline.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
I'm not sure where in there you actually said what was wrong with disarming?
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Legendmaker

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
    • Battletech & More Channel
It is more implied on the other site where the topic first came up. I feel that it was the houses of Davion and others, to create the dark future. Davion was willing for polictical correctness and plain tired of war. That they were willing to give away so much for the formation of the Republic. He contends Davion would never surrender. But the historical facts are they did lay down arms.  Others can join in and add the pro's and cons to the idea that the original houses no longer hold the glory they once had.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
The Star League went even further than the Republic did, and is still considered the golden age of the Inner Sphere.
If anything, I'd say the less power to the House Lords, and the more power/involvement of the "core" worlds, the better for the whole Inner Sphere.
The only problem with Stone's Republic is that it didn't go far enough. 
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Register