Author Topic: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion, Vol. 1  (Read 174710 times)

Doom

• Master Sergeant
Re: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter is LIVE
« Reply #1740 on: 21 July 2019, 17:36:05 »
Pretty sure it's just a book title at this point.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #1741 on: 21 July 2019, 17:55:50 »
Anyone got good reasons to explain to the spouse why packages keep arriving next Spring/Summer?  I think I will need them . . . on the other hand, her birthday present's price tag has also risen.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #1742 on: 21 July 2019, 18:00:26 »
I think you'll need your own excuse if it's in Spring/Summer.  Expected delivery for stretch goals is into late 2021-early 2022 based on how many have been unlocked.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

General308

• Captain
« Reply #1743 on: 21 July 2019, 18:08:18 »
Anyone got good reasons to explain to the spouse why packages keep arriving next Spring/Summer?  I think I will need them . . . on the other hand, her birthday present's price tag has also risen.

lol...well I am have a partial solution in that my wife like's BattleTech.  So I am going to buy her a Kurita Faction pack dice and challenge coin to offset some of the heat.  I am considering the $200 dollar character add on as well to try and make her happy.   I am going at Star Colonel but as I am looking at the add-on's she is not going to be happy
« Last Edit: 21 July 2019, 18:10:52 by General308 »

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1744 on: 21 July 2019, 18:11:55 »

The boat is very slow. They only have one small outboard motor

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1745 on: 21 July 2019, 18:14:57 »
I think you'll need your own excuse if it's in Spring/Summer.  Expected delivery for stretch goals is into late 2021-early 2022 based on how many have been unlocked.

Did they make a announcement or outline for a delivery schedule?
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1746 on: 21 July 2019, 18:17:44 »
Just an estimate. Though I also see it going down like that

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #1747 on: 21 July 2019, 18:22:20 »
Did they make a announcement or outline for a delivery schedule?

This is what we have so far.  I'd definitely suggest not expecting anything before this.

For those keeping track, we're currently up to 15 Star/Lance packs unlocked, and will be up to 16 by the time we hit $1,000,000 pledged.  That puts the expected delivery so far at March 2020 + 14 months, which is May 2021.  I miscounted when I said "late 2021-early 2022" but the idea is that the odds of them being ready next spring/summer is astronomically unlikely.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #1748 on: 21 July 2019, 18:25:39 »

And sometimes they run out of gas, so everyone has to get out and help push.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #1749 on: 21 July 2019, 18:27:14 »
I wonder if there'll be an option for "wait till all the lance/star packs are available then ship all at once."

That might be a lot cheaper in postage for people outside the US than getting each one in a separate shipment
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

General308

• Captain
« Reply #1750 on: 21 July 2019, 18:31:20 »
This is what we have so far.  I'd definitely suggest not expecting anything before this.

For those keeping track, we're currently up to 15 Star/Lance packs unlocked, and will be up to 16 by the time we hit $1,000,000 pledged.  That puts the expected delivery so far at March 2020 + 14 months, which is May 2021.  I miscounted when I said "late 2021-early 2022" but the idea is that the odds of them being ready next spring/summer is astronomically unlikely.

Honestly if they can hit the goal of the box set and first two lace packs and all the non-mini swag buy march I will be happy.  But I still say that is a very aggressive goal

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #1751 on: 21 July 2019, 19:28:24 »

saw a kayak looking fishing boat in LL Bean today. Complete with pedal powered propeller. ... add a paddle for slightly faster propulsion.
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1752 on: 21 July 2019, 19:55:09 »
Any chance the 2nd Star League will be a faction to unlock?
I can't be 100% sure, but I don't think this box set covers the events of The Great Refusal and ProtoMechs, just the first half of the invasion through to Tukayyid. If so Second Star League would fit more in with and The Great Refusal.

That said ProtoMech design tend to make vehicle ones look good and are even less popular as a results so maybe I'm just reading too much into things.

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1753 on: 21 July 2019, 20:04:53 »
I just suggested the next lance pack be Ostsol, Ostroc, Scorpion and Goliath be in the next mech pack.  Justice for TRO: 3025!
This please x1000!
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1754 on: 21 July 2019, 20:05:55 »
Clan Invasion era is up to 3061- which is past the official end of the Jaguars in '60.

Do not expect quads . . . besides the production problems, they miss out on several of the criteria that were established.
Colt Ward

H.B.M.C.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1755 on: 21 July 2019, 20:23:16 »
Really wish they'd add the recent map packs as add-ons as well.

BYE

General308

• Captain
« Reply #1756 on: 21 July 2019, 20:24:42 »
Clan Invasion era is up to 3061- which is past the official end of the Jaguars in '60.

Do not expect quads . . . besides the production problems, they miss out on several of the criteria that were established.

Yea the thing with quads is they don't really fit maps well.  I am looking at you Trantula taking up the whole board and you Barguest looking like a micro mech.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1757 on: 21 July 2019, 20:29:03 »
Quads are definitely in the dog house right now. Adding them to the KS lineup would be a massive plot twist

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1758 on: 21 July 2019, 20:44:21 »
I wonder if there'll be an option for "wait till all the lance/star packs are available then ship all at once."

That might be a lot cheaper in postage for people outside the US than getting each one in a separate shipment
Can't remember who, but I remember someone saying that this is what they'll be doing.

H.B.M.C.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1759 on: 21 July 2019, 21:02:00 »
Most Kickstarters I've been in have a "ship when it's ready" and "ship when it's done" option.

BYE

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #1760 on: 21 July 2019, 21:11:26 »
Quads are definitely in the dog house right now. Adding them to the KS lineup would be a massive plot twist
Have to agree with that.  Bring on the Ost mechs. :rant:  There are four of them after all. ;)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Lynx

• Corporal
« Reply #1761 on: 21 July 2019, 21:46:37 »
Most Kickstarters I've been in have a "ship when it's ready" and "ship when it's done" option.
It really depends on the nature of the KS. In cases similar to this one, where there is a staggered production schedule, it's common to have wave shipments. This is usually because some backers don't want to wait for the last item to be produced -- it's different from backer to backer.

Also, you have to consider the risk of non-production for later waves. This can be a particular issue for KS that grew too big, or in some cases geo-political issues. One classic example would the the Robotech Tactics KS which produced one wave, and then promptly strung out the other waves into non-existence. However, there are other KS that because they hit sudden production cost increases, they were unable to fully fulfill subsequent waves.

So, it's both backer preference -- I feel most would prefer periodic shipments, maybe by quarter for consolidated shipping -- and also risk mitigation, in case some bad things happen to either the KS people or the production chain.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1762 on: 21 July 2019, 22:26:38 »
The ups fairy, say it in front of the kid so she can't say it isn't real like the tooth fairy or santa.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1763 on: 21 July 2019, 22:50:23 »
Pledge total is going up by about $1,000 an hour right now, so if it keeps up at this rate it will break $1 million before GenCon

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1764 on: 21 July 2019, 23:03:15 »
1.5-2 mil before its done?
Colt Ward

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #1765 on: 21 July 2019, 23:10:33 »
Yeah, though at this point I wouldn't be surprised is it hits 2.5m by the end.

Best to wait and see what it hits after 7 days then double it. That should be a fairly accurate estimate based on how backers normally operate.

H.B.M.C.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1766 on: 22 July 2019, 00:23:59 »
Really whether this KS hits $2m will depend on any boost from GenCon and what they show us in the final 3 days. Otherwise I'd be surprised if we get close to that before the end of the campaign.

And speaking of the end of the campaign, I'm sure that there are a significant number of people pledging that already have pretty sizeable miniature collections and are holding off on some or even many of the Star/Lance packs because they already own the miniatures involved (sometimes multiple). I, for instance, would be unlikely to purchase any Lance Pack that includes a Zeus. That's not me saying don't make a new Zeus, just that there is some hesitation to purchase more things that some of us already have.

In light of the above, even if we cannot get 3D models for all the new miniatures, I think it would be well within Catalyst's (and our) best interests to at the very least have the redesign concept art complete by campaign's end so that those of us that are holding off can get an idea of what sort of improvement these new designs present before throwing more money at our screens. :)

BYE

H.B.M.C.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1767 on: 22 July 2019, 00:24:44 »
N/M

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #1768 on: 22 July 2019, 00:31:18 »
I'm actually taking this opportunity to modernize whatever parts of my collection are in metal or old plastics.  It's going to be a while, but I've got more Catapults than I can feasibly use (last count was 19) that I've come across just picking up second-hand lots or what have you, and the shelf probably needs a bit of a reaving.

These designs are a damn fine thing to replace them with.  Except maybe this time I'll stick to 4-6 Catapults.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Lynx

• Corporal
« Reply #1769 on: 22 July 2019, 00:47:55 »
I'm actually taking this opportunity to modernize whatever parts of my collection are in metal or old plastics.  It's going to be a while, but I've got more Catapults than I can feasibly use (last count was 19) that I've come across just picking up second-hand lots or what have you, and the shelf probably needs a bit of a reaving.
19 Catapults.

What the heck are you trying to do with 19 Catapult, remove the map reference?  ;D