Author Topic: Snow Raven campaign questions.  (Read 15066 times)

Kallor

• Corporal
Re: Snow Raven campaign questions.
« Reply #60 on: 14 April 2019, 23:38:32 »
Battle of New Kent:

The Snow Raven was flanked by the Blue Quest and Lord Death, ignoring both the Sarna Mercer and Pride of New Kent and focused in the Steel Python. The Wild Swan and Scavenger we're on the Left Flank and turn broadside began trading blows with snake leader and the Anaconda respectively. Engaging at extreme range the ships exchanged fire for 3 Rounds before finally crippling the Steel Python. This allowed the Sarna Mercer to get within long range and go broadside. She cut loose with their cannons straight into the Snow Raven's nose, the Snow Raven returned fire. The Blue Quest and Lord Death began peppering the Pride of New Kent with white shark missiles trying to disable her.

This battle was a fun battle to play, using the ships to preform more surgical strikes then just blowing them up.

Next, the true battle for New Kent!

Kallor

• Corporal
« Reply #61 on: 14 April 2019, 23:39:19 »
Steel Viper forces, the 400th Assault held the center, flanked by the 423rd Assault and the Viper Fussilers. Next to these were the 9th and 10th Fang, the 33rd phalanx anchored off the 9th Fang holding the left Flank. There were no signs of the 1st and 2nd Viper guards.

Snow Raven forces, the first Phalanx lined up against a 33rd phalanx, next along the line was the 6th Raven Battle, 9th Ravens Striker, 14th Raven Battle Stoop and lastly holding the far end of the line was the 97th Striker.

Once the two forces locked up the first of the Raven surprises arrived, the three battle armor Trinaries of the 1st Phalanx arrived to meet their counterparts in the 33rd but they were riding assault mechs formerly of the 428th assault. The second surprise was that these battle armor were all Salamanders the flamers causing havoc on their infantry counterparts.

The third surprise was that half of the mectron are he's in the other clusters were all supernovas carrying battle armor has recently recovered.

The Vipers sprang a surprise of their own, the 1st and 2nd came bull rushing from the backfield. Smashing into the 97th Stryker, with sheer will was Star Colonel Lom Shu able to hold the line not letting the Vipers get behind his Trothkin.

The last surprise which really should have been no surprise at all if anyone's ever fought a raven before. The fighters came the 4th 5th and 9th wings plus all cluster aero support 570 Aero Fighters, bombing, strafing, and precisesclose quarters strikes.

The most notable part of the bottle came when the Vipers finally broke through the 97th line. Lom Shu fired all his weapons into the back of the passing mechs, killing Brett Andrew's when his reactor breached.

The First Viper Guards, 33rd Phalanx, and the 9th Fang were completely wiped out. The remaining Viper clusters suffered catastrophic losses, leaving barely a star standing each.

The 97th Striker is, for all inten and purpose destroyed, but with Lom Shu up for the Order of the Raven, it is likely the cluster will be rebuilt. The remaining clusters suffered 40% to 50% losses. The silver lining being there was considerable salvage recovered.

Next, Gamma Galaxy will arrive on Arcadia to relieve Kappa Galaxy clusters and finish off the Steel Vipers. Also Alpha Galaxy will load backup and head to Marshall not knowing that the glass scorpions have attacked the Steel Viper Enclave.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #62 on: 15 April 2019, 12:10:54 »
Keep it coming! I can't get enough of the Steel Viper Absorption. 

And now we also have the Goliath Scorpions involved. Wonder how that will turn out.   
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #63 on: 15 April 2019, 12:28:09 »
Looks like it was a good fight.  I'm kinda wondering what the actual outcome looked like - the loss of equipment is pretty important but in the immediacy the loss/gain of Mechwarriors and Pilots are going to be more important - especially well blooded warriors.  With more than a Galaxy's worth of isorla from the first strike much of the equipment can probably be made good on.  I am a bit worried about the shift in political orientation and Raven culture if too many ex-Vipers are rushed through their bondsman-ship.

On the plus side the losses definitely allow for more interesting options once the Viper-Raven absorption ends.  The Ravens are going to need a period of rebuilding but will likely have the materials and territory to increase their touman by upwards of 50%, maybe even more.  I would love to see their fleet grow to 50-60ish, and their ground forces to increase to roughly 5 front-line and 7 second-line galaxies - but I don't see that happening for a couple decades at least.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #64 on: 15 April 2019, 13:01:40 »
No doubt, I'd love to see the Ravens fleet grow from this fight.  I hope you had some good boarding actions.  Everyone knows the Snow Raven elementals are really Space Marines. 

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #65 on: 15 April 2019, 13:55:29 »
No doubt, I'd love to see the Ravens fleet grow from this fight.  I hope you had some good boarding actions.  Everyone knows the Snow Raven elementals are really Space Marines

Same!

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #66 on: 15 April 2019, 13:57:47 »
Looks like it was a good fight.  I'm kinda wondering what the actual outcome looked like - the loss of equipment is pretty important but in the immediacy the loss/gain of Mechwarriors and Pilots are going to be more important - especially well blooded warriors.  With more than a Galaxy's worth of isorla from the first strike much of the equipment can probably be made good on.  I am a bit worried about the shift in political orientation and Raven culture if too many ex-Vipers are rushed through their bondsman-ship.

On the plus side the losses definitely allow for more interesting options once the Viper-Raven absorption ends.  The Ravens are going to need a period of rebuilding but will likely have the materials and territory to increase their touman by upwards of 50%, maybe even more.  I would love to see their fleet grow to 50-60ish, and their ground forces to increase to roughly 5 front-line and 7 second-line galaxies - but I don't see that happening for a couple decades at least.

In this alternative timeline are the jags bears and nova cats all still gone?

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #67 on: 15 April 2019, 15:25:53 »
In this alternative timeline are the jags bears and nova cats all still gone?

From what I've based my replies on, the only thing that changed was that the Ravens decided to attack the Vipers once they were kicked out of the Sphere, so I've been going with the Jags, Bears and Cats being gone.  It seems Kallor is using the 3062 planetary control percentages, so if he were to bring any of those three back in, then some of the control on certain planets would change a fair bit.

Kallor

• Corporal
« Reply #68 on: 15 April 2019, 18:47:59 »

I can get you the numbers of personel lost, no too many deaths. And thanks to the Ravens specializing in Slavage recovery, there was lots of damaged equipment reclaimed.

I needed those three trinary of assaults and the BA for this battle, but after this, the doors are closed. All others will be lower castmen or traded away. As for the sibkos being raised, they will be traded away. I will be suspending breeding of the newly acquired blood names, then starting them back up when i can train and raise them with Raven instructors with Raven ideals. I may allow Viper Mechwarriors to train but they will be watched.

And one cool note, I can trade out every secondline or unwanted mech in my touman for the best Omnis the Vipers had. Something to be said for having a small mech force.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #69 on: 15 April 2019, 18:50:51 »
How's the warship salvage? I want to read about a strong Raven fleet after the Absorption.

Kallor

• Corporal
« Reply #70 on: 15 April 2019, 19:18:47 »
It is good, but it is not finished. The materials that I can get from both Bearclaw and New Kent will greatly help my repairs. Quality over quantity.

I intend to acquire the Outpost rights, trading the 10 armor for 6 fighters makes it the perfect Triad Carrier. Also the two Nightlord that the Ravens now have are adding bay doors. Instead of 100 mechs they'll carry 100 fighters. I never understood why they wouldn't have already done that, being a fighter clan. Last a similar mod on the Cooper class dropship(formally the Mercer) makes it a great replacement for the old Carriers.

I'm not a huge customes guy,  more of a "logical tweak" kind of guy.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #71 on: 15 April 2019, 20:06:51 »
Those sound like good tweaks.  Heh, I wasn't aware the Nightlords carried Mechs. I would have figured all fighters, too. 

In this AU, did the two Conquerors get built yet? Those are sweet fighter carriers.  Almost as good as the Thera they "salvage/boarded" during the Jihad. 

Ships like them can house entire galaxies.

This goes a little off topic, but I love Raven talk.
« Last Edit: 15 April 2019, 20:10:43 by rebs »

Kallor

• Corporal
« Reply #72 on: 15 April 2019, 20:13:51 »
Thanks. Yes the two Conquers are built , they were finished by 3059. I was planning on taking two of the last 3 Kimagure still around and upgrade them into another pair of Conquers. You spoiled the surprise! Haha ;)

All good, i enjoy the Raven talk too.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #73 on: 15 April 2019, 20:30:55 »
Ha, I takes two to spoil, haha. 

With Brett Andrews now dead in your AU, the idea of the Reavings dies with with him.  Yet the Society and caste rebellion and Clan Burrock reborn are still likely to happen, just at later dates now.   They just don't have the Reavings to force their hands early.  Your AU Ravens have time to repair and develop, and move to the OA in a more orderly way.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #74 on: 15 April 2019, 20:34:50 »
The Reavings will continue. It will be another mad man (or woman) leading the charge. Plus there still may ba Society (the true harbinger of doom in the home worlds) to deal with.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #75 on: 15 April 2019, 20:54:14 »
It won't be a Viper who comes up with the idea, though.  They're Absorbed. 

Hahaha, what if Garret Sainze is elected IlKhan, and actually sticks?  What if his reign is crazier than the Reavings ever were, thus triggering the Society and the ressurgent Clan Burrock?  That would be something.
« Last Edit: 15 April 2019, 21:50:10 by rebs »

Kallor

• Corporal
« Reply #76 on: 15 April 2019, 21:47:28 »
I was thinking of having one of two things happen, either the absorbtion wars where three or four other clans get absorbed. Leaving fewer clans but with greater strength or...perhaps Rebs is right it takes two Spoil!

I'll finish off the rest of this absorbtion shortly. 

As always, suggestions are always welcome!

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #77 on: 16 April 2019, 06:49:04 »
My big question is how you are going to address the great refusal?

Kallor

• Corporal
« Reply #78 on: 16 April 2019, 20:25:47 »
My big question is how you are going to address the great refusal?

As a Raven, I believe in the Letter of the Law. So any state not of the Inner Sphere is fair game, such as Periphery or pirate states. Second it was a arrangement with the Star League, once that is dissolved, so is the deal.

That's my take on it, anyway.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #79 on: 17 April 2019, 06:03:36 »
I would be afraid of the power vacuum this is all going to cause, while the ravens have the strongest navy they don't have a monopoly and we've seen what happens when the adders and cobras team up.
 I would personally refrain from modding the nightlords if only for the fact they make such great troop transports,which you'll need if you want to move forces en mass.
 Modding them also means putting them in dock for a while which will weaken your forces, not exactly something you wanna do when you now have clans gunning for your spoils. It may be time to consolidate before the ravens bite off more than they can chew and outsmart themselves. That's never happened to them right? ^_^
 Maybe use some of the new territory to strengthen relationships with other clans? If you start snubbing the other clans while flouting clan law,well we've seen how that turns out right? Wasn't clan mongoose also a decent naval clan?
 That said this is only my opinion and I'm enjoying your game.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Kallor

• Corporal
« Reply #80 on: 17 April 2019, 13:39:01 »
Thank you Foxx for your input, I only suggested the Nighlord mod because the Dark Asp was going into drydock anyway because of the damage she took. But I can leave the Snow Raven as is, since it has only taken armor damage.

I wanted to strengthen ties with the Cobras but with the joint defence deal with the Adders(formerly Burrock) they are quite close. I guess I should temper my aggression that I had originally planned for the Goliath Scorpions.

I know we caused the extinction of the Sea Fox and that has been a sore spot. We did offer Surikia(pardon spelling I dont have my book handy) and the FM says that the Sharks are content to continue to profit with their merchants against us. So given all that, would the Sharks be a good potential ally?

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #81 on: 17 April 2019, 13:56:36 »
Yes.  The Sharks are always looking to increase profit.  It's been so long since "the incident" that the Sharks won't hold that against the Ravens.  Just offer them future trade rights and certain trading post worlds in the OA (which happens anyway), and perhaps even transport services, or rights for certain resources at places like Bearclaw.  The Shark Foxes are remarkably easy to please with the right offers.  You're not letting any "secrets" go, the Shark Foxes know everything, anyway, due to how far they range and their sophisticated Clan Watch. At this point, both Clans are begininng to realize their fate is not in the Kerensky Cluster, anyway.  An alliance between the two Clans would benefit both.

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #82 on: 17 April 2019, 14:44:45 »
Getting an "Ally" of any sort is probably unlikely. Most of their allies, or at least those they were on semi-friendly terms with, are either in a poor spot, or have already moved most/all of their forces to the Sphere.  What's left is the Blood Spirits, who are currently in a very unenviable position.

The tit-for-tat that rebs is suggesting could certainly work, but at this point in time, the Ravens have only been in contact with the Outworlds for maybe a year, they don't own anything there yet and what we know about the future of the setting is not what the characters in the setting know.

Personally, I think the best option would be to fan the flames of aggression for one clan against another.  In fact that might present the opportunity for the Ravens to relocate if you are still planning on having them do that.  If you still want to target the Scorpions the Ravens can manufacture some issue between them and the Hellions and watch them have at it, then pick at specific places to take between them - possibly throw in some of the Mandrills for good measure.  The counter strike here is that once the two clans realize that the Ravens created this, they turn on them, and combined push the Ravens into such a corner that they decide to relocate - their newfound strength will likely allow them to complete the exodus much more intact than the canon timeline.

Kallor

• Corporal
« Reply #83 on: 17 April 2019, 21:52:53 »
Thanks guys, once this absorbtion is complete, the Ravens will be consolidating on the new holdings and rebuilding. There are more fighters, and dropships to build plus new mech factories the Vipers had. The Scylla is a good looking Mech.

One goal would be to get the production rights to Salamander Armor, it was my first time using them and I liked them. The blurb says, I am buying them from the Wolves but there should be no reason I can not talk with one of the kindraa, or have Blood Spirit do it for me.

I haven't sent any ships to the Inner Sphere yet, but if I dont get bogged down, I should be able get a fleet away "on schedule" and stick close to canon.

Side note, in 3048 Snow Raven took heavey losses at the hand of the Coyotes. With the need to recover those losses and the deal with Jade Falcon for resources, I can easily justify saying that the Ravens were producing more/larger sibkos. The first of these still will not be ready untill 3067 at the earliest but this will really give a boost to the touman.

Kallor

• Corporal
« Reply #84 on: 18 April 2019, 23:45:37 »
I am fighting the rest of the absorbtion tomorrow, but had the desire to write, I hope you enjoy.

The 29th Fang won the right to resist the landing of Raven troops, having spent significant time drilling specifically for anti-air defense. Using the thick jungle for cover the 29th was able to lash out at the Raven Fighters while not offer any viable targets. Star Colonel Fasil's initial pleasure started to sour when not long after landing, the Raven dropships lifted back up. Moving his Force forward he came to the edge of the clearing where the Dropships had just left. Lights flashed as Lasers and PPCs lashed across the open field, hitting mechs along his line, as soon as the shooting started it stopped. Opening the broadband Fasil shouted, "Stand and fight you cowardly buzzards!"

"I always knew that Vipers could not handle doing two tasks at once, no walking and shooting for you, Quiaff?" Laughed a response.

This set the pace of the trial, there would be a couple quick exchanges followed by the Ravens racing off into the jungle. Everytime Fasil tried to pull back to repair or rearm the Ravens would show up, pulling them back into a running fight. The cover that had worked so well for him before now worked against him, his infantry were bogged down unable to keep up and his fighters could not get a clear shot.

Slap! Curse these Stravag bugs. Thought Star Comander Jesse Merrel for at least the hundredth time. She and the rest of the infantry from both the 6th and 7th Raven Regulars had been dug in amongst trees for the past 6 days. Twice they had heard the sounds of combat but the last time had been 2 days ago. There was no way to tell how close the fighting was, the jungle playing games with sounds.

I spend one night getting drunk with a point of old wolves, listening to their stories of the invasion. Of Inner Sphere cowards, knowing they cannot stand up to the strength of Trueborn warriors. Relying instead on hit and run tactics, attacks seeming to come out of thin air then disappearing again. Frustrating and dishonorable no doubt...but effective.

Once I heard our orders to leave Circe and attack 3 Viper clusters with only ourselves and the 6th for company. I spent every last favour I had to just get a meeting with Star Colonel Fransisco Lanknau. Then I throw my leverage at the Star Colonel to take me seriously, to offer my Surrat brained idea of an attack plan. I was saving that little scandle for when the next chance of a promotion came up. I guess I should be proud he actually used my plan, claiming it as his own, of course.

Closing her eyes she tried to stop reliving the events that brought her here, to this wet foxhole, next to a random tree. That's when the signal came, a double tap on the radio. Like lightning, a jolt of adrenaline ran through her body. This was what Jesse Merrel was bred for, no matter she belonged to a nearly discarded bloodline, combat!

Picking up her portable SRM launcher, she cradled it too her chest, to keep it out of the mud but away from the snagging vines and branches. She slid out of her hole, the members of her point all doing the same, as quite as the shadows they moved in. They did not know where exactly the enemy was they just knew they were close. Best you can do when you are fighting like a bandit. Moving forward painfully slow, not daring to rush for fear of giving away their position.

That's when the voices reached her, shouting, Jesse couldnt make out what was being said. But she continued to inch forward, sliding up behind a large Arcadian Russet. Then peering around the base of the massive tree she saw her quarry. She was looking through the legs of a Goshhawk, a circle of equals was just breaking up, two warriors picking up a prone figure.

Then a voice from the dual winner shouting, "Let there be no more questions! Mount back up we will drive these scavenging vultures from our world." This warrior was stomping straight towards Jesse, as he wiped fresh blood from a cut above his left eye.

Behind her cover Jesse readied her weapon, the mech was less then 30 yards from her position. As the nameless warrior began to climb the rope ladder to his cockpit.  Jesse took aim on the mech, at what would be someone's crotch were it human. With a ferral grin, Jesse Merrel pulled the trigger. The missile shot out and cleared the short distance in an instant. Hitting its target, the missile exploded spraying liquid fire down the legs and on to the rope ladder where the unsuspecting warrior was instantly set ablaze. Screaming the warrior let go of the rope falling several meters to the ground.

All along the line missiles exploded delivering their liquid carnage. Jesse and her point jumped up and ran forward, she pulled out her backup weapon a compact SMG. Closing in on the warrior without getting burnt herself, Jesse brought an end the warriors suffering. Then continued on to find more enemies of her clan, and bring lost glory back to her bloodhouse!

Thank you for reading.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #85 on: 19 April 2019, 01:07:49 »
One of the things I noticed too while reading FM:WC was the total lack Merril bloodnames in the galaxy rosters.  Between that and Joyce Merril's decision in Betrayal of Ideals, it leads one to believe that the name is in little use, if at all. 

But in Operation: Klondike, there are two Merrils listed as founders of Clan Snow Raven. 

Just a curiosity that always made me wonder.  I see it makes you think as well.

Kallor

• Corporal
« Reply #86 on: 19 April 2019, 20:34:32 »
Yes, I believe the Ravens allowed it to be shared with other clans not wanting to fight to keep it exclusive. Given that Joyce was an infantrymen and they were more focused on aerospace and Naval.

Though it could be that it was completely abandoned, as some have been. Since we now know what happened because of Betrayal of Ideals.

Arcadia;

With the harsh defeat of the 29th Fang's mech troops, the remaining elements met up with the 167 Phalanx dug in, and the 93 Assault ready to rush any attacks.

The 6th and 7th Raven Regulars did not push anymore instead salvaging all they could from the jungle battle.

Gamma Galaxy arrived in system, and Galaxy Commander Tristan Crow sent a message to the Ghost Bear Enclave asking the commander if he had had time to issue a harvest trial against the Vipers on planet? As it would take his forces a few days to land on Arcadia. The Ghost Bears had refrained, respecting the Raven's right of absorbtion. But with permission given they issued a trial to the 93rd Assault who accepted, not wanting a repeat of New Kent, nor wanting to be bondsman to a hated rival.

Galaxy Commander Tristan Crow landed his Galaxy in an encircling formation along with the 6th and 7th Regulars. Crow called forward recently promoted Star Captain Jesse Merrell, and gave her private instructions. The Star Captain Jesse Merrell met with the commander of the Vipers, and after a few short hours came out with the Vipers accepting Hegira.

Tristan Crow was surprised, but delivered on the instructions he'd been given by his Khan. Star Captain Jesse Merrell was to be promoted to Star Colonel. She was to immediately take command of the remaining Viper forces, they were to load up and head for Lum. The 6th and 7th Raven regulars where take up station on the new enclave on Arcadia, where Galaxy Commander Patricia Harper would administer both Circe and Arcadia.

Gamma Galaxy headed to Grant's Station, where they found the Steel Vipers had offered trials to the Wolves. Making a show of it, Galaxy Comander Tristan Crow cried interference in the absorption and that the Council would hear of this, but otherwise made no move against the wolves.

Next Marshall...

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #87 on: 19 April 2019, 21:36:19 »
Ravens: y'all want some of this?
Bears: *remembering the last time something like this happened* nah,I'm good.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Kallor

• Corporal
« Reply #88 on: 29 April 2019, 16:10:52 »
Marshall:

Arriving in the Marshall system sensors showed a large number of naval vessels from other Clans. The largest of these were the Goliaths Scorpions Fire Wheel Battle Star with an additional Potemkin carrier. The Fire Mandrills had the Lola III- Rage, the Ice Hellions had Moore's Honour an Essex, lastly the Star Adders had the Admiral William S Preston.

Marshall having at any one time at least 6 clans, a warship escort was not unusual. Star Admiral Hinda Shu, ordered her ships forward, they made their way towards the planet. Intercepted transmissions revealed that the Steel Vipers were under attack by both the Fire Mandrills and the Goliath Scorpions.

As the Raven forces closed the distance to the planet, the Scorpions began to move there own ships, but not directly in the Raven's path. Shu brought her ships close to the orbital factories. Galaxy Commander Thorsten Magnus sent an open transmission, demanding that all attacks on the Steel Vipers stop, that the Ravens were here to finish their Legal absorbtion of the failed Clan.

Khan Amanda Carral was the first to reply, "Clan Snow Raven you are welcome to your trial, we have not broken any laws. It is the basis of Clan society to attack and take from those too weak to keep it."

Thorsten sent the following response, "Kindra Mattila-Carrol you have slighted our honour and stolen our right to glory in combat. My warrios are sending challenges for Trial of Grievences. I believe that a series of unarmed challenges can decide whom is right. No need to hide behind augmentation or politics. To that end we request Safcon to the surface for a Union ship carrying the warriors that will be fighting these trials."

The Madrill's always loving a good fight, swiftly agreed to the trials. Soon after the Scorpions had sent a reply to Thorston's message, but a dismissive "Yes, we will resolve our disagreement shortly." Was his only reply.

The Union ship uncoupled and headed down to the Mandrill enclave, their course taking them right past the Scorpion ships. The Ravens traveled purposefully but not with any haste and made no attempt to keep any special distance with the warships, almost taunting them.

Upon landing the Ravens and Mandrills began their trials, as this went on, the other clans in system had different reactions. The Jade Falcons watched with suspicion knowing first hand nothing with the Ravens was as it seemed.

The Ice Hellions were grudgingly grateful for the shift in attention of the other clans. They had lost half there force in a foolish attack on the Viper a few months back and before the absorbtion trial had started the Vipers had taken half their holdings in reprisals. They knew the other clans were all looking to eject them from the system completely.

The Goliath Scorpions were caught off balance having been basically scolded then ignored by the Ravens. They wasted time trying to decide what to do, whether to challenge the Ravens or continue on against the Vipers.

Clan Star Adder were dumbfounded by the Ravens sheer lack of perspective! To stop a Trial of Absorbtion to hold Trials of Grievences, the Raven's obvious obsession with protocol and the law was absurd to say the least.

Clan Steel Viper took the break in the relentless attacks to repair and rearm themselves.

The first ToG saw Star Captain Taylor Magnus put in a standing arm lock. Without pause, Taylor shattered his own arm while spinning around jabbing Star Captain Lopez in his throat. Taking advantage of the staggering warrior who instinctively grabbed his throat as he fought for air. Taylor drop kicked the Elemantal in the chest sending him out of the circle.

Khan Amanda Carrol was surprised and impressed with the ferocious battles, having not expected this from the "Naval Clan." Amanda Carrol took time over the next couple days as the trials continued to talk with Galaxy Comander Thorsten Magnus.

But on the fifth day the Scorpions had had enough being ignored and renewed their assault on the Steel Vipers. As the 22 Scorpion Uhlans and 23rd Cuirassiers attacked the 104 Assault and the 17 Viper Regulars, the Vipers pulled away. They headed straight to the Mandrills territory who mobilized the 301 Fireband Cluster to turn away the running battle. But the Vipers just ran through the Mandrill line followed closely by the Scorpions.

Khan Amanda Carrol and her forces quickly mounted up and the trinary of Raven warriors jumped in the mechs they had brought with them. The strengthened cluster smashed into the running battle and a melee ensued.

After 20 chaotic minutes the last Viper mech had fell, the Scorpions tried to extract themselves but the Mandrills wouldn't let them just disengage. Thorsten transmitted a message to Amanda asking she allow the Scorpions to withdraw, before everyone lost. The Mandrill Khan relented since they had bloodied the Scorpions.

Thorsten messaged saKhan Nelson Elam challenging him to a trial of Grievence, for twice interfering with Snow Raven trials. Thorsten walked his damaged Direwolf forward, with a damaged knee actuator it was terribly slow. Nelson came forward in a damaged Gargoyle, once both mechs were within range. They stopped, "Let this trial settle our dispute as the Great Father taught us and let non interfere!"

Thorsten cut loose with every functional weapon his Direwolf prime still possessed, breaching the reactor and setting off. Just as Nelson fired his heavy A/C and lasers, cutting the leg of Thorsten's mech dropping it to the ground. Nelson ejected from doomed machine, as Throsten moved his mech into a awkward sitting position using an arm to balance himself. Over the broadband frequency Thorsten declared,"This trial is over, you have lost, I grant your forces Hegira. You and your forces will quite the field, with no claim to the territory or materials from today. Take your warriors, your honour and leave."

To Khan Amanda Carrol, with no clear winner of the trials Thorsten suggested a draw, with the Mandrill keeping what they had claimed. Thorsten further traded away the rest of the former Viper enclave, minus the orbital factories, for production rights to the Salamander and some pledge support from the Mandrill Clan.

Star Admiral Hinda Shu began breaking down the factories immediately, while taking inventory the plans for a new dropship the Vipers had been working on were found.

Thorsten sent a message to Khan Lynne McKenna; My Khan,
Your orders have been carried out to the letter. I taunted the Scorpions till they made a mistake and I suitably humbled their saKhan. This should quiet his criticisms of our working with Khan Ariel Suvorov to strengthen their aero branch. My failure only came at not being able to taunt one of their warship Captains into making a mistake.

Though we made away with a great BA design and gently aimed the Mandrills at the Ice Hellions. I feel you gave away too much! If you had not allowed me to upgrade all my Trinaries to Super Novas, I would be challenging you right now."

Reply from McKenna,
Galaxy Commander Thorsten Magnus, well done in your mission, your minor failure is of no concern. Our yards are already full repairing our newest acquisitions already, also we will being upgrading two more Kimagura. Do not concern yourself about the holdings of one system, our future is not here but the Inner Sphere.

Once the new factory is loaded, the Swift Star will head to Bearclaw and you will head to Lum. You shall rebuild and make ready to head with me to the Inner Sphere. We will be joined by the new Galaxy I am christening, from all our recent gains. It will be second line mechs, infantry and second line firghts. They will be used to garrison what you conqour! The rest of the clan will consolidate what we have and with a few other arrangements, we should be left relatively alone.

Kallor

• Corporal
« Reply #89 on: 29 April 2019, 16:59:34 »
The fleet as of the end of 3062.

Command Star:
Nightlord - Snow Raven
Agies - Blue Quest
Agies - Lorde Death
Potemkin - Wild Swan
Volga - Scavanger

Swift Naval Star (Independent)
McKenna - James McKenna
Cameron - Blizzard
Conqueror - Conqueror
*Potemkin - Ophidea
*Whirlwind - Frostbite (Formerly Snake in the Grass)

Storm Crow Naval Star (Beta Galaxy; New Kent)
*Nightlord - Reckoning (Formerly Dark Asp)
Cameron - Kerensky's Hope
Conqueror - Ark Royal
*Potemkin - Gale Wind (Formerly Serpantes)
*Whirlwind - Hoarfrost (Forerly Constrictor)

Bearclaw Garrison Star (Gamma Galaxy; Bearclaw)
Sovietskii - Avalanche
Aegies - White Terror
Aegis - Black Justice
Potemkin - Snowflake
Potemkin - Rook
Potemkin - Treachery
Volga - Tenacity
Whirlwind - William Adams
Vincent - Munnin
Fredasa - Black Beard

Lum Garrison Star (Delta Galaxy; Lum)
Texas - Mountbatton
Aegis - Morning Violence
Aegis - Scabbard
Potemkin - Bonnaventure
Potemkin - Eden Rose
Lola III - Bloody Talon
Essex - Eternity
York - Corvidae
Whirlwind - Drake
Vincent - Hunnin

Circe Battle Star (Kappa Galaxy; Circe and Arcadia)
Cameron - Ice Storm
Aegis - Blue Lancer
*Aegis - Black Lancer (Formerly Steal Python)
*Essex - Martial Legacy
*Fredasa - Mary Read (Formerly Pit Viper)

Hellgate Star (Epsilon Galaxy; Hellgate)
Two Stars of Comitatus with Carriers

Assault Star (Temporarily assignment to Alpha Galaxy)
Sovietskii - Stor Crow
Lola III - Cold Hunter
Lola III - Vision of Terra
Congress - Magpie
*Congress - Snake Leader

Zeta Garrison Star (Zeta Galaxy)
*Sovietskii - Sarna Mercer
Lola III - Spur
*Lola III - Savage Beak (formerly Anaconda)
Carrack - Venture Star
Carrack - Nestling
*Carrack - Pride of New Kent