Author Topic: (Answered) List of Changes from AS/ASC to ASCE  (Read 2120 times)

ironnerd88

• Private
(Answered) List of Changes from AS/ASC to ASCE
« on: 14 July 2019, 14:16:38 »
Guys...
One of my players and I each bought Alpha Strike and the Alpha Strike Companion in the last year. Now you have released Alpha Strike: Commander's Edition which has some changes.

Could you do us all a solid and post the text of the changes as a free pdf?
« Last Edit: 31 July 2019, 08:29:38 by nckestrel »
"Wow... First shot of the game, you took out the Diashi's gyros. Well, that didn't just destroy the whole scenario..." - Me, to one of my players we all called "Snake-Eyes".

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: List of Changes from AS/ASC to ASCE
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2019, 14:21:39 »
https://bg.battletech.com/news/exploring-alpha-strike-commanders-edition/

The linked is a summary of the changes. The full errata is being compiled and will be posted when complete.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

ironnerd88

• Private
« Reply #2 on: 14 July 2019, 14:45:44 »
I look forward to the Errata, as it will list the changes from Alpha Strike to Alpha Strike Commander's Edition.

"The full errata document will be posted, and it has the very specific changes made to the previous edition. But as most of us know, it’s written in “errata speak” of the very precise changes made to the text. But it doesn’t say why those changes were made—it’s without context. “Add ‘don’t’ before the first sentence of the second paragraph” is very precise, but it really needs the context to understand it."

Will the QSR be updated as well? I use these rules when I run unofficial demo games at conventions in order to hook new players into my preferred game system (for 35 years).
« Last Edit: 14 July 2019, 14:49:42 by ironnerd88 »
"Wow... First shot of the game, you took out the Diashi's gyros. Well, that didn't just destroy the whole scenario..." - Me, to one of my players we all called "Snake-Eyes".

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 14 July 2019, 15:11:35 »
I have not heard any announcements regarding the quick-start rules.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Register