Author Topic: Looking for rules and tech info for STK-4M Stalker  (Read 970 times)

Nargh

• Recruit
Looking for rules and tech info for STK-4M Stalker
« on: 08 March 2022, 18:01:02 »
Howdo!

New here and wanting to ask a question. Couldn't figure out where to ask this, but seeing it is game related I thought here might be right. Sorry if it isn't.

In classic Battletech I am wanting to play the Scenario Fall From Glory in the Northwind Highlanders Scenario Pack.

Going through the Mech list for the 4th Amaris Dragoons, they list a STK-4M Stalker. Has anyone run into the Technical Readouts for this?

Thought to just use a different Mech, maybe the STK-5M, or just make my own for it. Cannot find any other reference to this particular Mech.

I know Northwind Highlanders Scenario Pack is seen as a mistake my many, would still like to give this scenario a go.

Any help would be appreciated.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Re: Looking for rules and tech info for STK-4M Stalker
« Reply #1 on: 08 March 2022, 20:16:27 »
The intention was almost certainly that it was a 5M. When the pack was written, they used modern refits to represent star league mechs with advanced technology.

(sometimes with no regard for continuity, such as using the Zeus in that lineup even though it didn't exist at the time, or an earlier scenario where Manticores and PPCs appear literally centuries before they existed)

If you want something more "authentic" to the Star League era, you could substitute Royal mechs for the mechs listed as post star league designs. So the stalker, for example, could be replaced with the STK-3Fb variant.

If there isn't a royal variant, you could instead use the original, or stick with the variant listed and call it good.

And for the Zeus (since it wasn't supposed to exist yet) you might consider swapping it for an appropriate star league era design. I'd suggest the Rampage, since that is a Rim Worlds built assault mech. 

You might also consider letting the Black Watch have royal mechs as well, since they're supposed to be the elite of the elite.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Nargh

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 22 March 2022, 09:32:55 »
Thanks for that.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 22 March 2022, 11:39:55 »
The -4M designation almost looks like it was supposed to be a lost AMaris variant instead of the usual Marik variant, much like the Locust -1M which was  Davion one.

Register