Author Topic: (Answered) Pursuit Lance - Target Destruction (ASC v1.2 Errata)  (Read 1745 times)

GoldBishop

• Warrant Officer
Alpha Strike Companion Errata p.16, in reference to the update to the Pursuit Lance Special bonus ability (ASC p.152):

The  Pursuit  Lance  may  choose an  enemy  Formation  rather  than  a  single  unit  as  the  target  for  the  Blood  Stalker  SPA.  If  this  option  is  used,  all  members  of  the  Pursuit  Lance  must  choose  the  same  enemy  Formation  for  the  Blood  Stalker  SPA  granted  by  this  ability, and the  destruction  of  the  chosen  Formation  is  the  only  time  the  Pursuit  Lance  may  change  the  target  of  the  Blood  Stalker  SPA,  by  choosing  a  new  enemy  Formation

Is "Destruction" implying that the formation has been neutralized (i.e. reduced below 50% and thus dissolving cohesion) OR is it wanting 100% removal of such forces?
What about crippled/disabled units that are in Forced Withdrawl?

I can see arguments for both cases, but I am asking for clarity before suggesting it to my players (The change to Bloodstalker found in the Errata on p.4 of the errata is sensible enough to encourage the individual, but I believe its different when having to eliminate an entire formation)
« Last Edit: 27 November 2018, 11:42:18 by nckestrel »
"Watch the man-made-lightning fly!"  -RaiderRed

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Pursuit Lance - Target Destruction (ASC v1.2 Errata)
« Reply #1 on: 27 November 2018, 11:42:06 »
Destroyed all the units in the formation. Off the map is considered destroyed. Abandoned units would be considered destroyed.  IE. Has all the units of the formation been removed from the scenario. The Pursuit Lance no longer has any valid targets for its Blood Stalker SPA.
Forced Withdrawal would not (unless the scenario specifically states they go directly to being removed from the game). 
A Formation with less than 3 units does not receive it's bonuses, but is still a Formation.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

GoldBishop

• Warrant Officer
Re: (Answered) Pursuit Lance - Target Destruction (ASC v1.2 Errata)
« Reply #2 on: 27 November 2018, 11:59:31 »
Thanks for the fast reply.

"Valid Target" is my next question regarding the Group-Stalker ability

With the change to Bloodstalker SPA (p.4 in the Errata v1.2), IF the surviving units from a given formation are outside Line of Sight (Satisfying the individual SPA), MAY the Group-Stalkers select a new formation to stalk? ...or are they locked in?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 27 November 2018, 12:25:03 »
The "only time the Pursuit Lance can change the target" in the Pursuit Lance Blood Stalker ability is specifically denying that individual SPA line of sight allowing a change of target.
The Pursuit Lance gets the advantage of being able to declare an entire formation as the target, the disadvantage is that it can only change when that entire formation is gone.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

GoldBishop

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 27 November 2018, 12:51:04 »
Ok, sounds good.  Thanks again.