Author Topic: Alternate Timeline with Thanks (FULL) Part 2  (Read 248696 times)

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
Re: Alternate Timeline with Thanks (FULL) Part 2
« Reply #1020 on: 05 July 2018, 03:49:17 »
the SJ need to have a mech called Karma or maybe Bad Karma. 

If anyone wants to design I may even use it

I'll hopefully have something else ready within week
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #1021 on: 05 July 2018, 06:46:20 »
I would not name Karma or Bad Karma, I would name it Instant Karma and it would be a ship of vast destructive capabilities
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

LightGuard

• Master Sergeant
  • They called him Camouflage
« Reply #1022 on: 05 July 2018, 10:59:40 »
I seem to recall a BattleTech Fansite called Bad Karma. Spent so much time offline, that name seems ominous. Perhaps Instant Karma would be better.
The Things I Do for Love...

Do not try to apply real-world logic to Battletech.  Naught lies there but madness and ruin. - moneylovingogre4hire

That's fine, then.  I've been waiting since 2014 or so, what's another year?  Time laughs at all things, but BattleTech laughs at time.  Then launches a trial of possession for it. - rebs

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #1023 on: 05 July 2018, 11:06:21 »
if anyone wants to use the idea... go for it.  I just don't have the time. 

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1024 on: 20 July 2018, 03:34:14 »
It was a long week

Memorial Site, Duke Anton Marik’s Mansion
New Delos, District of Regulus
Free Worlds League
3rd December 3111

Walking through the still ruined forests and rubble of Duke Anton Marik’s Mansion on New Delos Ralph and Javier Halas were overawed by what they were seeing the battlesite had been preserved by successive rulers of New Delos as a reminder of what happened when one rebelled against the leadership of House Marik.  The mansion was the site of the final battle of Anton Marik’s Revolt against the leadership of Jonas Marik when the Wolf’s Dragoons took their revenge on the rogue Duke and ended the Marik Civil War.  The site was a popular place for tourists to visit on New Delos and the brothers had merged with the crowds seamlessly away together they had gotten away from their security detail during a state visit by their father to Matheran boarding a transport and escaping to New Delos how they hadn’t been stopped before leaving the system neither of them knew but they had fore filled their mission and now they were here in a place they’d both dreamed of for years.

Above the mansion a constant cloud covered the area almost like the world of New Delos would not allow anyone to see light in the place.  As they moved around the facility Ralph and Javier saw the place that the rebel duke had been killed where part of the wall had collapsed crushing him.  The body had long since been removed from the area but those responsible for maintaining the grounds had put everything back together recreating the exact result from his final stand against the Dragoons.  Through the constant cloud cover red/yellow flares burned through the clouds as several BattleMechs hot-dropped towards the surface their jump jets on fire.

The crowd of people stood their mouths wide open as they began to see the painted colours of each Mech and their insignia that of the Ducal Guard of House Oriente the two twin brothers began to turn away from the flares but all they did was turn into members of their security detail who had been hidden in the crowd the whole time.  Turning they saw their father’s Persus OmniMech land among the assembled Ducal Guard BattleMechs, they’d been had conned into believing that they had slipped away from their security when their father had been in control the whole time.  The Persus quickly moved forwards towards them stopping a respectful distance from the memorial but close enough for everyone to feel the power of the seventy-five ton war machine the Mech’s external speakers crackled to life “boys you have been reckless coming here but I understand why you heard the call of New Delos wishing to throw off the yoke of Regulus and my Ducal Guard will happily return the Oriente flag to this world.  With your dedication to the District of Oriente Ralph and Javier in the presence of these new citizens I am glad to announce that the Oriente Military Academy has accepted your applications to serve in the defence of our nation.”  Their father broadcast to the entire group the twins looked at each other frustrated that it appeared that their father had not only anticipated their little rebellion but also used it as a political tool to retake a couple of worlds from Regulus.

Over the next two days the Ducal Guard supported by Oriente Militia forces captured the systems of New Delos and Varna destroying the Sixth Regulan Hussars and driving off the Fourth Regulan Hussars forcing the elite command off world and out of the system

Border conflict
Benjamin, Military District of Benjamin
Draconis Combine
16th December 3111

Strapped into his BattleMech Burton Davion felt the eighty-five ton OmniMech around him be buffeted by the wind of Benjamin as the Mech and two hundred others like it fell through the growing storm in Benjamin’s atmosphere.  Around them flew dozens of Aerospace Fighters and assault DropShips as the Federated Suns upped the antie against the Draconis Combine and launched a full invasion of the Military District Capital world.  Below them the anti-aircraft guns and surface to air missiles filled the air as the planetary militia, the Second Amphigean Light Assault, Third An Ting Legion and recently arrived Third Sword of Light Regiment attempted to protect the world none of the three units were at full strength and the militia was made up of warriors too old or too young to fight on the front lines.  In the air the Davion Assault Guards, Davion Light Guards, all five of the Federated Suns Sword units and several special forces units fell on the world.

Toggling his jump jets to full burn Burton made the final preparations to land bracing himself for the impact as his OmniMech came in for a landing.  The assault Mech landed with a crash running several steps forwards to cushion the impact.  Immediately Burton saw targets for his weapons toggling the OmniMech’s Jump Jets to normal operation Burton raised the Templar III’s left arm like it was an extension of his own and pulled the trigger to his Clan-tech particle cannon.  The from muzzle of the weapons a bolt of man-made lightning temporarily linked Burton’s OmniMech with an older model Combine Dragon BattleMech blowing a huge hole in the BattleMech’s torso.  Accelerating forwards Burton keyed in the Mech’s supercharger accelerating to over eighty kilometres per hour cutting to the left then to the right dancing the Mech across the muddy ground as the rain pounded the ground around him.  From the right arm of the Templar the LB-X type autocannon mounted there ripped open more holes in the Dragon while the torso mounted pulse lasers and left arm mounted medium laser added to the troubles the pilot faced.  Unable to take more of a pounding the pilot ejected from his Mech as the ammunition carried onboard began to explode.  Not resting on his laurels Burton looked at the horizon through the heavy rain and watched as six more BattleMechs emerged firing their weapons on the Davion troops.  Despite being in an exposed position ahead of the other Davion troops Burton didn’t hesitate instead he launched the Templar back into the air pulling the trigger on his particle cannon this time striking an enemy Phoenix Hawk crippling the Mech’s right arm with his first shot.  From behind Burton’s position missiles, lasers and autocannon fire pounded the Combine position as he came in for a landing immediately continuing his run forwards he saw that the BattleMechs were all of older models and smiled their intelligence had been correct they had landed beside the Benjamin Militia forces.

“Rip them up!”  Be shouted into the communications targeting the Phoenix Hawk again this time with the autocannon tearing more armour from the lighter Mech which tried to return fire with laser fire but it was ineffective.  From across the Davion line more lasers and missiles slammed into the forty-five ton BattleMech tearing it to pieces.  Across the line Burton looked and saw all six enemy Mechs were under heavy fire from multiple positions and knew none would last long.  Nearby his position several artillery strikes landed blowing new craters in the ground and sending mud flying everywhere.  “Artillery!”  He called a warning but he hadn’t needed to as a Davion Wasp BattleMech disappeared in a fireball after a direct strike from enemy fire.  Launching the Templar back into the air Burton searched for another attack he saw a squad of the Federated Suns newest battle armour suit, the Fusilier, bring down a Combine Catapult with concentrated fire to its cockpit.

Despite their initial successes Burton had no intention on resting instead pushing forwards despite the weather and the increasingly heavy artillery barrages.  He knew that there were more better equipped units out there and that the navy was still engaged in orbit with the FSS Black Prince and FSS Sword and Sun committed to the battle against the Draconis Combine’s Muashi and Pride of New Samarkand.  The Federated Suns naval forces had a weight advantage but they were taking no chances Benjamin was more than a target it was symbolic of the mess that the Combine was in and of the strength of the Federated Suns which Burton was convinced he needed to prove after the recent troubles on Liao and along the Nova Cat border.

As he turned a volley of long range missiles slammed into his Templar’s torso throwing the Prince around the cockpit of the Eighty-five-ton OmniMech.  The damage was minimal but it did determine his next target a Longbow support BattleMech which weighed in as much as the Templar but was exclusively equipped with long range missiles.  Charging forwards Burton targeted the Longbow with the particle cannon as the Templar accelerated to a full run unfortunately the man-made lighting missed on this occasion filling the skies with light just as a natural lightning bolt lit up the skies above them Benjamin was showing its disdain for their presence.  Another wave of long range missiles from the Longbow flew towards Burton’s Templar III but the First Prince was wise to the move turning his OmniMech first to the left then to the ensuring that the missiles that did hit were spread over the hull of the Templar minimising the chances of armour penetration.  He returned fire with another particle cannon shot combined with an autocannon salvo this time both weapons tore into the Longbow’s light armour.  A nearby four legged spider-like Bishamon tried to step in and help its ally firing medium range missiles and pulse lasers at Burton’s Mech but the First Prince was already committed to another attack this time firing the autocannon, pulse lasers and medium laser intent on keeping heat build up to a minimum.  This time to autocannon smashed loose the last of the BattleMech’s torso armour while the pulse lasers and laser burned deep into the Longbow’s skeleton.  From Davion lines long range missile and laser fire caught the Bishamon on the side throwing off its second salvo of missiles buying Burton time to finish off the Longbow with another particle cannon shot supported by pulse laser fire which cut through the armour and savaged the assault Mech’s gyro and engine a brief flare inside the BattleMech was snuffled as the fusion engine preformed an emergency shut down to stop a catastrophic explosion.  Dancing away from the falling Longbow Burton’s Templar III was struck by a volley of lasers and pulse lasers while a hastly fired volley medium range missiles missed ripping more craters in the ground beside him.  Burton twisted the Templar’s torso to track the Bishamon launching his own BattleMech into the air keeping a nearly constant barrage of pulse laser fire on the lighter QuadMech making sure the pilot wasn’t comfortable with what was happening and distracted from the other AFFS units which had moved in to flank them.  Autocannon, lasers and missiles fell on the target from all sides rapidly tearing the QuadMech apart the pilot besieged from every side quickly offered his surrender admitting defeat.  From behind Davion lines the AFFS artillery had finally countered the Draconis Combine artillery and silenced their opposition, the first battle of many on Benjamin was over.

In orbit the concentrated fire of two Mercury-class Battleships had been too much for the DCA defenders and both the Muashi and Pride of New Samarkand had been destroyed by Davion forces giving them control over the space around the world.  Many of the Combine fighters had retreated to the planet but the Federated Suns beachhead had been secured.  As the AFFS set up their defences they heard that assaults on Hagiwawa and Umijiri had gone off perfectly and the Federated Suns now had a presence on all three worlds.  It would likely take months for them to secure all three systems but Burton sat in his Templar III’s steaming cockpit surveying his work today and smiled.

High Command Meeting, Unity City
North America, Terra
Star League Protectorate
20th December 3111

Dressed in a business suit with white shirt and a red tie Exarch Victor Steiner-Davion walked through the halls of the Star League Defence Force’s command on Terra it felt weird for him to be walking around in a military base without a uniform on but the people of the Star League Protectorate needed a leader not a warrior which was the whole point of this meeting.  Entering the command briefing room he saw that Commanding-General Victor Focht, Protector-General Devlin Stone who wore their uniforms and several of the civilian leadership were already present.  He out of instinct saluted both Victor Focht and Protector-General Stone before moving to his own position around the table.  As he did several more civilians and a dark skinned Star League Defence Force Colonel entered completing those who had been called.

“Ladies and Gentlemen please take your seats” he said as they did he continued to speak “I have not been with you long but before he died Bannister Cameron had plans that he wished pushed through which will make the Star League Protectorate a more successful economic , military and political entity.  He chose not to try to push through these changes because he believed if he as a member of the Cameron family was seen doing this then the Succession States would finally see a rebirth of the Terran Hegemony in everything but name.”

“Is that not what the Protectorate is?”  Devlin Stone asked “Exarch, I am thankful for the strength that the Star League Defence Force has given Kittery and the worlds around it but it’s hard to deny that the Protectorate is slowly becoming its own very distinct beast from its defenders.”

“Exactly” Victor admitted looking at the younger man he couldn’t help but smile as he saw the stunned faces around him “I as an outsider have seen this for years but I have also seen the good that it has done for its worlds and for its neighbours.  The Protectorate alone is not strong enough to stop the Succession States but its very presence makes it harder for the states to wage interstellar war on each other and has ensured that nations that need help can get it from an independent source instead of having to deal with potential rivals.”

“But war still happens” one of the civilian leaders pointed out, Victor had read her file and knew she was Governor Sophia Bollman the leader of Liberty.

“War is natural of humanity.  I’m sorry to be the one that says it but it’s the truth.”  Victor said “the most we can do is limit it.  In the meantime, the Protectorate needs to be prepared for the future.  It needs to improve economically be more politically orientated.”

“T’ whole point of t’ Protectorate wiz each world hid their ayne leadership and chose t’ be part of t’ Protectorate.”  Clan leaders James “Jim” Campbell of Northwind pointed out in his deep Scottish accent.  “Our worlds were tired of being led fae afar an’ wished our own rule but with t’ protection of a larger entity.”

“And that will continue.”  Victor promised Northwind’s representative.  “Individually there will be no change but instead I wish to create this.”  He said activating the holo projector built into the table which brought up a map of the Protectorate.  From Terra lines extended towards the Lyran, Federated Suns and Wolf Empire creating three distinct zones emanating from Terra.  At the “southern” arm of the nation the largest of the three zones was split into three by further lines.  “Northwind, Thorin, Talitha, New Canton and Liberty five Economic Development Zone capitals.”  He said “in each region these worlds will help coordinate each world’s development if a world needs more workers it will be up to the councils on each of these worlds to decide how best to support them.”

“Which region is Terra in?”  The dark-skinned leader of Talitha Prime-Minister Capheus Onyango asked.

“None of them” Victor answered “Terra remains independent with each of the five EDZ councils providing a representative to the Terran Council.  They will be responsible for answering if a council fails a world in it’s EDZ and they will be responsible for guiding Terra’s own economic policy’s ensuring that Terra supports all other regions.”

“I don’t see Kittery in your list” Stone pointed out

“No, the Kittery Prefecture will remain independent and will also be responsibly for the outer colonies in the Draconis Combine, Federated Suns, Free Worlds League and Lyran Commonwealth.  Kittery will accept members of each world’s leadership while also providing representatives to each of them.”

“These changes are huge Exarch our people will have to consult about the changes” Sophia Bollman said unsure if the populations of the Protectorate would agree.  These changes could be the very thing that ripped the Protectorate to pieces.

“I know they are but they are necessary to give the Protectorate greater Economic and political balance.  Bannister Cameron did not believe that the Cameron family should follow his legacy and lead the Protectorate unopposed.  I do not believe that my family should rule the Protectorate.”  He admitted before any of them got worried “instead I think the Protectorate should have it’s own internal mechanism for the future.”

“You said military changes as well?”  Victor Focht asked

“Yes, the Star League Defence Force is a fantastic organisation but its responsibilities take it across the Inner Sphere.  Instead the Guard regiments and the militias that support it have become the Protectorate’s defenders however they are completely isolated from each other while the military as little to no influence in the leadership of each world.”

“An intentional choice there was no intention on the Protectorate becoming a Federated Suns Lite.”  Duchess of Thorin Katya Christifori pointed out she was the reluctant leader of Thorin and under this new plan a leader of one of the new Economic Development Zones.

“I know that as well” Victor said “but having an external support for each individual world and having a group that could pass on superior leadership and training to units on individual worlds could be beneficial.  Which is why I propose the Knights Corps.  A group of military officers that will travel the length and width of the Protectorate leaning support to where it is needed which is why I have invited Colonel Sir Said Taghmoui of the Knights of the Inner Sphere to join us today.  Colonel Taghmoui will lead the effort to train members of the Guard regiments to fore fill this task and to help bind the various units across the Protectorate into one training and discipline regimen while also supporting worlds politically and acting as a go between worlds during trade disputes.  They will be the eyes and ears of Terra and will help inform each EDZ of its responsibilities to its own people and to Terra.  They will be independent of the SLDF and of the Guard units themselves and they will be answerable to this Council and to the Exarch.”

“I never took you for a man who needed a Secret Police.”  Devlin Stone said he was mildly alarmed by this development.

“Oh I do not” Victor said “but I think that this Protectorate if it is to succeed needs as much support as it can get, although I was not born on any of the Protectorate worlds I will ensure that it gets everything I can give it.”  He said “to that end I have been able to convince the Medusans Mercenary Command to take a contract with the Star League Protectorate primarily helping augment the defence of Fenwick and assisting in training of our WarShips to defend against squadrons of heavily armed DropShip squadrons.”

“That’s quite a prize” Devlin Stone admitted he had tried to convince the mercenaries to join his Prefecture’s defence several times but he had been unable to.  “What did you have to give them in exchange?”

“There are three Quixote-class Frigates in mothball at Fenwick we plan on refurbishing those vessels during mercenary’s contract time.”  Victor explained seeing their shock at the trading of two WarShips to mere mercenaries “of the ships available the Quixotes are those of least use to the Star League navy and the seeing how the Medusans deal with their addition to their numbers will inform future development of our own ships and squadrons.”  He explained he could tell that the others were not completely convinced he knew from the negotiations that the Medusans current commanders Admirals Harwood and Jellicoe were both looking forward to their retirement now the unit’s future had been guaranteed.

Periphery Assaults
Taurian Concordat
28th December 3111

With full WarShip support several Nova Cat Galaxies assault several systems of the Taurian Concordat launching their first wave of their assaults on the Periphery nation.  The Nova Cats are able to quickly overwhelm the sparse defences of the Taurian Concordat allowing none of the defenders to fall back and support other positions.
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #1025 on: 20 July 2018, 06:07:14 »
Excellent to see this alive again and it seems that the Hegemony coming back to life might well be a real thing again under VSD.  And regarding the Combine..I -almost- feel sorry for them. 

Almost.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1026 on: 20 July 2018, 06:35:14 »
For me, DragonCat. This fan-fiction keeps my spirit of Battletech alive.  It truely does.  It feels epic, world moving moments going on, building into bigger things.  It feel good read this.  Where balance of use of things going, slightly take on the universe live-ins up the genre. Even includes a larger balance of Warships, which i think proves that canon universe handling was wrong, both can exist at same damn time.   ;D

Thank YOU for keeping this going with your busy life!
« Last Edit: 20 July 2018, 07:03:49 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1027 on: 20 July 2018, 06:48:53 »
For me, DragonCat. This fan-fiction keeps my spirit of Battletech alive.  It truely does.  It feels epic, world moving moments going on, building into bigger things.  It feel good read this.  Where balance of use of things going, slightly take on the universe live-ins up the genre. Evem including balance of Warships, which i think disproves that canon universe handling was wrong, both can exist at same damn time.   ;D

Seyla!

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1028 on: 20 July 2018, 07:17:33 »
For me, DragonCat. This fan-fiction keeps my spirit of Battletech alive.  It truely does.  It feels epic, world moving moments going on, building into bigger things.  It feel good read this.  Where balance of use of things going, slightly take on the universe live-ins up the genre. Even includes a larger balance of Warships, which i think proves that canon universe handling was wrong, both can exist at same damn time.   ;D

Ditto! Seyla!

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #1029 on: 21 July 2018, 00:29:06 »

So say we All
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1030 on: 21 July 2018, 03:05:13 »
Thanks for the kind words I write this story because you guys enjoy it and so do I so lets see where it goes

https://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/index.php?topic=1092.30#lastPost

The WarShip and Unit Lists

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1031 on: 27 July 2018, 12:52:43 »
Map for the beginning of 3112 made.

A list of territorial changes:
Rim Collection/Fire Mandrill
- Haggard - Erdvynn Province Absorbed
- Monthey - Erdvynn Province Absorbed
- Fallen Stars - Erdvynn Province Absorbed
- Armstrong - Erdvynn Province Absorbed
- Milvano - Erdvynn Province Absorbed
Lyran Alliance
- Alma Alta - gain from CJF
- Cameron - gain from CJF
Free Worlds League
- Vanra - Oriente gains from Regulus
- New Delos - Oriente gains from Regulus
Federated Suns
- Benjamin - Gain from DC
- McComb - Gain from DC
- Lima - Gain from DC
- McGehee - Gain from DC
- Damevang - Gain from DC
- Memphis - From CNC
- Ebro From CNC
Draconis Combine
- Barlow's End - Gain from FS
- Thestria - Gain from FS
- Elidere IV - Gain from FS
- Misery - Gain from FS
- Grovel III - Gain from RA
- Delacruz - Gain from RA
- Kesai IV - Gain from RA
Clan Nova Cat
- McRae - Gain from FS
- Steinhatchee - Gain from FS
- Jesup - Gain from FS
- Cogdell - Gain from FS
- Lastpost - Gain from TC
- Oscar - Gain from TC
- Diik - Gain from TC
- Marknick - Gain from TC
- Gaul - Gain from TC
Clan Jade Falcon
- Bountiful Harvest - Gain from CHH
- New Extford - Gain from CHH
Clan Lynx [Newly Formed]
- 29 Systems transferred from CNC

I certainly could have missed some, but I think that's fairly comprehensive.

PS. DC your newest map replaced Ebro with a second Morven.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1032 on: 29 July 2018, 05:58:47 »
Thanks for the catch Vition and for the map it really looks excellent

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1033 on: 29 July 2018, 07:53:50 »
Amazing as always!

James Tanaga

• Sergeant
« Reply #1034 on: 01 August 2018, 15:32:25 »
Awesome update!  :D

On the units table, it's missing the 7th Rim Guards formed from the remaining Erdvynn Provincial Militia, consisting of 4 Battlemech Stars, 2 Infantry Stars, and one Aerospace Star, assigned to Armstrong.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1035 on: 02 August 2018, 12:59:05 »
Awesome update!  :D

On the units table, it's missing the 7th Rim Guards formed from the remaining Erdvynn Provincial Militia, consisting of 4 Battlemech Stars, 2 Infantry Stars, and one Aerospace Star, assigned to Armstrong.

Added

Let's start 3112 with a bang or two.  Hope you all enjoy

Command Bunker, 2nd Protectorate Guard
Spitz, Taurian Concordat
9th January 3112

The office was filled with the smell of morning coffee and fresh toast Colonel Ian Milton sat at his desk and looked at the report with complete disbelief.  Nearly a week ago the First Protectorate Guard, his unit’s sister command, had defended Erod’s Escape from a Clan Nova Cat attack with the use of Nuclear Weapons using such weapons to obliterate one of Clan’s WarShips and the Clan’s incoming DropShips and he was only hearing about it now.  He immediately grabbed his desk phone and tried to raise the command tower “This is Colonel Milton” he said “I need you to put the base on an immediate alert and recall all leave” he commanded “what do you mean incoming contacts?” he said as the command tower relayed information to him “how the hell did we miss something that big coming in?”  He demanded standing up from his desk the phone still in hand “that isn’t an excuse get our alert aircraft in the air…” he commanded “tower did you hear me?”  He asked but instead all he got back was static instead he felt the ground move and the building he was in shake instinctively he dropped the phone the handset smashing on the concrete floor as he and everyone else in the office ran outside.

Stepping out of the main door of the Milton could barely believe what he was seeing as a little over a kilometre away the landing strip, command towers, hangers and the unit’s DropShips disappeared in a ball of flame.  Suddenly further explosions leading from the spaceport to their position began to light up the ground.  “INSIDE, EVERYONE INSIDE, NOW!!”  Milton screamed in terror forcing the others that were with him back inside as the explosions closed.  “Seal these doors!”  He ordered moving over to a wall mounted communications station punching in his personal code he activated the PA system “All personnel seal external doors now!”  He ordered hoping the bunker was reinforced enough to protect the personnel he had left.

For the next eighteen hours the bombardment continued causing two sections of the bunker complex to collapse but for the most part the complex held protecting the two hundred and seventeen inhabitants from harm.  Unbeknown to Milton and the others in the bunker overhead a Nova Cat WarShip was taking its revenge for the nuclear attack on another member of it’s fleet the WarShip systematically destroyed every military facility and the planetary spaceport before leaving the planet behind broken.

---

Thee days later Khan Canin Rosse spoke via HPG to the Taurian Concordat and surrounding areas.  “I am Khan Canin Rosse leader of Clan Nova Cat.  The incident at Splitz three days ago was an unfortunate consequence of Taurian actions over Erod’s Escape the use of nuclear weapons to destroy a Nova Cat naval asset was a deplorable act.  We will not accept the continued use of weapons of mass destruction against out Clan in space or on planetary bodies will not be accepted.  The first Star League Defence Force which our Clans descend from had a total war strategy for opponents who lacked honour we have dispensed with this in the past intent on allowing our opponents the chance of honourable combat.  We are willing to allow you our opponents honourable combat, it is your choice.”  He said pausing for a moment “the message that follows is for the current Star League council.  Spitz was not Turtle Bay; casualties to the civilian population was minimised by our WarShip crew, Clan Nova Cat is not Clan Smoke Jaguar and the Clans are not divided in this.”

Across the Inner Sphere and Periphery, the nations of the Inner Sphere began to react to the Nova Cat actions and subsequent reactions with several Taurian worlds contacting Fronc and the Capellan Confederation for support.  Both Capellan Confederation and Fronc Reaches take it upon themselves to take over the defence of the worlds contacting them in a remarkably bloodless manoeuvre the Capellan Confederation absorbs five Taurian worlds and one periphery world while the Fronc Reaches absorb four worlds with the Third Protectorate Guards switching loyalty to the Fronc Reaches.  Hearing of the Nova Cat actions the rogue WarShip Sceptre jumps clear of the Joppa system heading deeper into the periphery intent on leaving the Clan and any fear of what could happen behind them.

Elsewhere the SLDF vowed to support the Taurian Concordat as a member state of the Star League however as they did this the Loremaster of the Clan Council Brennley Roshak announces the United Clan Council’s full support for Clan Nova Cat and that any combined assault will face the combined might of all the Clans.

Military Spaceport
Station Rubicon, Lesnovo
District of Lesnovo
15th January 3112

As they had been promised the Liger Warriors had been returned to Lesnovo by the Smoke Jaguars on Twin Sons but without the majority of their equipment.  According to their captures that was being held as Isorla, a Clan word for Spoils of Victory, so instead the Liger Warriors were being returned to Lesnovo with the majority of their personnel intact but without a single Mech between them, a deathkneel for any unit in the Periphery.

Stepping off the Seeker-class DropShip into the late evening sun of Lesnovo Colonel Dominic Nostra felt the cool breeze and knew there was a storm in the air.  As he descended down the ramp several armed District of Lesnovo soldiers “Colonel Nostra by command of Duke Brewer-Cameron-Jones you are to be placed under arrest and your command restricted to quarters.”  The Force Commander in charge of the unit said.

“On what charge?”  He demanded feeling his people tensing up around him.

“Causing unnecessary harm to citizens of the District of Lesnovo, specifically to the people residing in the Southern region of Twin Sons, which has been levied at your entire unit.  And for multiple counts of murder, namely the Southern region’s command on Twin Sons, a charge that is solely placed on you.”

“Understood Force Commander” Nostra said he’d known such a charge was coming he just hadn’t expected it to land on his door step so quickly.  “Stand down people follow your orders we followed the orders we were given.”  He said evenly trying to ensure no incidents resulted in his arrest they had been told to end the fighting on Twin Sons and they had, not perfectly he’d be the first to admit, but they’d done the job they were given.

---

Several hours later Colonel Dominic Nostra remained in the same room he had been escorted to in the command complex on Lesnovo.  It was a non-descript interview room with grey walls, a two-way mirror, one door in and out a table and four chairs he’d been allowed to retain his personal effects so he’d so far tidied out his travel bag and read half of a fiction novel he’d started on the DropShip trip in system.  The door swung open and in entered General Sanyam Dandekar immediately Nostra motioned to stand to attention but the dark-skinned man in full dress uniform waved him off.  “Aren’t you a sorry state, what you got to say for yourself? Colonel”

“Sir, my orders were to end the fighting on Twin Sons due to our shared Clan heritage I challenged their leader to a personal battle and lost.  As a result of this loss they used my unit’s superior firepower to overwhelm the Southern Region’s forces and force them to the negotiating table thus ending the conflict.”

“Costing hundreds of lives” Dandekar pointed out “you missed that part out, Colonel, carry on.”

“Yes sir, following this I was sent as an emissary to the Southern Region to accept their surrender.  I then carried out my orders and executed the leadership of the Southern Region.”  He said in a cold matter of fact way he could tell that Dandekar hated that admittance of guilt by him “sir, they had a gun to my people’s head they said that I follow these orders or my people would be killed.”

“Who’s orders?”

“Colonel Petra Furey, sir”

“So you went to the Southern Region and executed them bringing an end to the fighting.”

“After the Badlands leadership inprisoned all officials from the Southern Region yes sir it ended all of the fighting.”  He said “my unit was then released from their bonds however the Badlands forces have seized all of our equipment and are using it as their own.”

“So you were sent to this planet to bring peace instead you create a bloodbath and give them more weapons than they had before?  That about sum it up.”

“Sir, what other choice did I have?”

“Resist, resist the urge to cause death and mayhem, do what Furey has done in the North of Twin Sons.”  He suggested giving Nostra options

“Sir?”
   “She has brought peace to the entire planet she brought Northern and Southern realms to the table with her own people and have created a ruling council.  The loyalties of the past have been outlawed and now they are wholy loyal to Twin Sons.  They did that peacefully after the ‘warmogers’ we sent in did their damage.”

“They are lying through their teeth, sir, those people are not loyal to the Twin Sons they are loyal to the Smoke Jaguars” he corrected the General “sir, Furey is a dangerous woman she wants to see the rebirth of that Clan.  The frakking Smoke Jaguars sir!  The most hated Clan in the history of the Inner Sphere.”

“Well at the moment that’s debatable” Dandekar commented confusing Nostra even more.  “It doesn’t really matter what you think or what I think Colonel the facts speak to themselves.  Petra Furey has brought peace to Twin Sons and now instead of three governments we have one to deal with which Lesnovo thinks they can handle.”  He said from his tone Nostra didn’t think the General agreed with that statement.  “As for the facts surrounding your case your people did open fire on people of this district, you yourself did become judge, jury and executioner for citizens of this nation.  That alone costs you your commission and your freedom.”

“What about my people?”

“They have no equipment and now no commander they will be broken up and sent to other commands.  Any found to have commited further crimes on Twin Sons other than those already put on them will likely face your punishment.  Colonel Dominic Nostra as of this moment I am stripping you of your rank, command and freedom.  You’ll be shipped out to a military detention facility until your trial and sentence can be heard.”

“So much for being innocent until found guilty.”  Nostra muttered under his breath

“What was that?”

“Nothing, sir” he replied deciding that giving the General more now would not be a good idea.  Everything had gone wrong in the span of a few weeks and now his nation’s future could also be in the balance with the rise of the new government on Twin Sons.

Warlord’s Personal Residence
Imperial City, New Samarkand
Military District of Midway, Draconis Combine
28th January 3112

Warlord Hirohito Kurita stared at the tri-vid screen open mouthed his young daughter sat on the floor in front of him playing with toys.  On the screen the message from Dieron continued to play “…my given name is Emiko Kurita I am the daughter of Vincent Kurita and the younger daughter of the true Coordinator Akira Kurita.”  The woman on the transmission said she looked to be around her twenties age wise which fit and looked very similar to her mother when she was around that age from the pictures Hirohito had seen.  She wore a scarlet Kimono with her hair tied up in a bun in traditional Japanese style her make up was minimal showing her natural complexion which all fit with traditional Kurita family style as she spoke Hirohito reached for a mobile communicator.

“Are you seeing this?”  He demanded as the message continued.  “It can’t be her I was told there was not a sign of her anywhere!”

“…I disappeared from the Imperial City and many believed that I had been killed but in fact I was protected from assassins under the hire of Minoru Kurita, the current Warlord’s father, who intended on removing my line of our family to allow his own to gain control.”

“What do you mean Dieron is refusing communications?  They cannot ignore us we are New Samarkand I want that woman in chains. Contact our units on other worlds have them communicate with those on Dieron and demand her unconditional surrender.  I will be there soon.”  As the Warlord rushed to get ready the message continued.

“Hirohito Kurita has continued this trend by imprisoning Akira Kurita and his wife Julia in the Imperial Palace on New Samarkand.”  Emiko continued “I have lived and worked with many of you under an assumed identity travelling across our nation as assassins continuously searched for my trail I have seen and felt the suffering that Warlord Hirohito Kurita’s rule has brought on our people.  Which has led to my decision today to reveal myself to our people and to announce that the District of Dieron is succeeding from the Draconis Combine until Hirohito stands down from his position as Warlord of this nation and Akira Kurita is released from the Imperial Palace.”  She said breathing deeply Hirohito stopped and looked at the screen in complete shock with Benjamin in enemy hands and now this from Dieron she may get exactly what she wanted.  “I regret this action deeply but I will not allow our nation to be led by a tyrant I will do all that I can to ensure the Draconis Combine acts for its people.  To the best for our nation.”  She said finally before the message ended only to be replaced with the logo of the Military District of Dieron three red triangles set in formation forming a larger triangle with several small triangles extending from the base three behind them a yellow field.  As an addition to the insignia the camera seemed to pull out showing a stylized Dragon held the insignia in its front paw with the Dragon’s head turned towards the camera.

Immediately following the message by Akira Tormark the Warlord of Dieron announced that he would be fully supporting Empress Emiko Kurita that Dieron would be set up as an independent nation until Hirohito Kurita left the throne on New Samarkand and Akira Kurita was released from custody.  He added that all DCMS and DCA units in the District of Dieron had pledged loyalty to Dieron and to Emiko Kurita.

It would not be until the 30th January that Hirohito Kurita responded to the claim by Empress Emiko Kurita the Warlord claimed that she was a fake and that the real Emiko Kurita had died years before a fact that had been hidden from the public to save their nation’s morale.  Behind closed doors intelligence officials were unsure of Emiko’s claim but also could not confirm her death from any source.  The reason for Hirohito’s delay had been due to the High Command attempting to contact the unit’s and WarShips based in the region of Dieron and receiving not a single reply from these units it appeared the planning behind this had been quite thorough in clearing out those who were not willing to pledge loyalty to Dieron first and the Combine a distant second.

« Last Edit: 02 August 2018, 13:00:48 by Dragon Cat »

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1036 on: 02 August 2018, 13:25:01 »
Wow, just wow.

The long expected SLDF/Clan war is apparently in the offing.

And the balkanizing of the Combine begins - I've been wondering what was going to happen to the Deiron District as it was looking to be cut off from the Combine as the war with the FS continued.

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1037 on: 02 August 2018, 13:35:40 »
Wow!!  That is an awesome start for the year!
« Last Edit: 02 August 2018, 18:48:17 by Shadow_Wraith »

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #1038 on: 02 August 2018, 17:45:30 »
TC responsible for starting a war between the clans and the SLDF, trust the Taurians.
Civil war in the Draconis Combine.
Well DC you really have surpassed all expections, what a great way to start a new year. >:D :thumbsup:
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1039 on: 04 August 2018, 03:20:24 »
oh wow, what an update!  The Nova Cats are baring their claws and have the other Clans behind them (no doubt to varying degrees, but the use of Nukes ensured that the Clans WILL stand with the Cats if push came to shove).  And lets be honest here, I doubt anyone in the Suns is shedding any tears about the Taurians loosing worlds to some very very irate clanners considering their history. 

Also whilst the threat is there, the SLDF and other realms can't really do that much.  The Combine appears to be in serious trouble, it lost one prefecture capital to the Dominion and now another has broken away in outright civil war with a seemingly legitimate heir as their leader, and the Suns forces pushing ever deeper into Combine territory.  The Dominions probably too busy re-integrating the Vega prefecture into its domain whilst the Ravens are probably keeping an eye on Clan Lynx (Still not sure on that name, you'd think the Gryphons would be mentioned or used but oh well) to really do too much (plus despite their fleet they are still militarily weak and not too unified Politically with their Outworlder civilians and leadership).

The Lyrans have a big Falcon and Wolf shaped problem as do the FWL so really the only force left is the SLDF from the TOTALLY NOT THE HEGEMONY but that might not be enough, especially if the Clans stand together.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #1040 on: 04 August 2018, 13:40:42 »
so a quick summary of the TC vrs clan forces, and things getting out of control.
Sterope, Taurian Concordat
Periphery
4th June 3111

Within days of the announcement of the attack and the shipyards destruction the Taurian Government declare all Clan forces as pirate forces and order a nationwide hunt for the Sceptre.  Especially as far as we can tell from the writing they never id themselves before causing an Endor event.
Davetal II, Star League Protectorate
Taurian Concordat
9th July 3111

Star League Defence Force gets caught in the crossfire between the Nova Cats and Taurian Concordat as the Nova Cats committing all four clusters of Tau Galaxy along with significant naval assets securing full control over Davetal II and with it the rest of the system ending the lengthy truce which had split the system.
Dicallus, Taurian Concordat
Periphery
19th September 3111

two vehicles twin supernovas rose into mushroom clouds which quickly encompassed the remaining Nova Cats wiping out the First Nova Cat’s Vision Cluster.
Andrey, Tukayyid
Clan Space
1st October 3111

Khan Canin Rosse cried in the council chambers about their forces being taken out by nukes, got the "backing" of the others to declare them dezgra.
Periphery Assaults
Taurian Concordat
28th December 3111

With full WarShip support several Nova Cat Galaxies assault several systems of the Taurian Concordat launching their first wave of their assaults on the Periphery nation.  Wiping out the defenders and not allowing to reinforce other positions
Spitz, Taurian Concordat
9th January 3112

Nearly a week ago the First Protectorate Guard, his unit’s sister command, had defended Erod’s Escape from a Clan Nova Cat attack with the use of Nuclear Weapons using such weapons to obliterate one of Clan’s WarShips and the Clan’s incoming DropShips and he was only hearing about it now.

Still not 100% sure what the issue is Nova Cats have using Nukes in Space Combat. And in return the Nova Cats came in and used Orbital Bombardment on a planetwide scale.  So they are just like the 1st group of Clanner who kicked things up in the TC, the crew of the Spectre.

The "unified" Clan forces are now backing someone who now going for all out war on his own terms, but doesn't want the otherside to fight on anything but his terms so they loose.  Hitting the forces on Spitz for the actions of the forces of Erod’s Escape in defense of their world, shows that Nova Cats want all out war.  And I seem to remember Victor wants to still kick clanner tail, hopefully we will find out the SLDF vrs Nova Cats and they can point out it has nothing to do with rest of the clans as the SLDF were engaged already by the NC before their Khan want crying to the council.

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1041 on: 04 August 2018, 14:16:32 »
Still not 100% sure what the issue is Nova Cats have using Nukes in Space Combat. And in return the Nova Cats came in and used Orbital Bombardment on a planetwide scale.  So they are just like the 1st group of Clanner who kicked things up in the TC, the crew of the Spectre.

Think of it not as "Nukes in Space Combat" but "Nukes At All."  Nuke use of any kind is antithetical to the clans - so it was perfectly reasonable (to the clans) to label the Taurians as dezgra - note that its the entire nation, not a specific unit, thus the reason the clan council had to convene on the matter.  Orbital bombardment was directly done in response to the use of nukes and wasn't "planetwide" it was against military targets "casualties to the civilian population was minimised;" whether or not that is hyperbole is another issue entirely, but nothing in the post refutes the statement.  Now the why is nuke use, even against naval assets so against the clan mindset?  Because all the warriors involved have zero chance of their most recent gift-takes to be recovered - all the genetic material is suspect due to the radiation the nuke puts out.

As for your summary of events, it isn't hard to think that the Sceptre were a clan clan warship, all the units it deployed were identifiably clan in origin, that a warship has actually gone rogue is something so generally unexpected that it's hard to get the mind around (heck, it might even still have Raven Alliance markings and ID) - especially in a nation so inwardly focused as the Taurians.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1042 on: 05 August 2018, 16:41:35 »
A little flashback I'm going to leave here...  It might go a little way to explaining the Nova Cat's current feelings.  I very rarely make a leap in this timeline lots of things that are happening and will happen I've mentioned before...

Glad you guys seem to have enjoyed it, as always feel free to discuss or ask questions I'm working on the next installment

Half-forgotten, half-buried Supply Depot
Astrokaszy, Periphery
5th February 3063

After spending months jumping from system-to-system avoiding Inner Sphere and Periphery forces Clan Nova Cat’s Delta Galaxy under the command of saKhan Karl Devalis arrives in orbit of the pirate world of Astrokaszy with four Nova Cat WarShips in support Delta Galaxy secure spaceborn supremacy in the system quickly and begin scanning for a specific signal. Buried deep in the vaults on Strana Mechty the Nova Cat Khans found something when they were looking at the Periphery near the Inner Sphere as a new home. The desert world Astrokaszy used to be used as a weapon proving ground by the first Star League and so on the world there were hundreds of weapon vaults. One in specific the Nova Cats wanted to find intact and deal with themselves quickly and efficiently.

After six hours of scanning and fending off three attacks by groups of fighters and DropShips the Nova Cats discover what they are looking for. A depot directly below a large pirate encampment although interrogating the depot’s defence systems proves the base is still secure the Nova Cats cannot take the chance that it will remain so. The whole of Delta Galaxy drops on the pirate base, four Elite Clusters of troops go to work annihilating an entire combined arms regiment of troops calling themselves the Order of the Faithful and a Cluster of former Clansmen who had been attracted to the area by the signal and began unearthing the place with the aid of hundreds of slaves. Evacuating the slaves, the Nova Cats pull back to a safe distance while the Lucian Carns, Clan Nova Cat’s second Anna Rosse-class Battle-cruiser, moved into position. With thunderous destruction and accuracy, the Lucian Carns Naval Lasers cut a path directly to the depots heavily armoured doors. Approaching the door in person saKhan Karl Devalis keyed in the correct code and the doors spring open. Inside they find a Divisions worth of Nighthawk XIX Power Armour (Light) Suits once used by the special forces of the original Star League Defence force while inferior to modern Clan Battle Armour still an impressive haul.
These suits are a bonus but they are not the main target of the Nova Cat excursion with the Nighthawks on dozens of weapons racks are two hundred nuclear warheads each capable of doing massive damage to military or civilian targets. Karl Devalis then orders his troops to initiate ‘Nova Cat General Order 000’ and order that has existed since the Not-Named Clan used a Nuclear weapon to level the Snow Raven Genetic Repository Centuries before.

As the Nova Cats load the weapons on board one of their Overlord-class DropShips an unknown force, at battalion strength, piloting advanced BattleMechs, vehicles and battle armour all painted white attack and try to seize the DropShip. With most of Delta Galaxy securing the Nighthawks and the nuclear weapons saKhan Karl Devalis leads his command Keshik and the 119th Striker Cluster against the force intent on holding the enemy force back the Cluster takes severe damage. When a laser penetrates Devalis’ OmniMech’s head injuring the saKhan, this drives the remains of the 119th Strike Cluster into a frenzy eliminating the entire force with the Clan warriors going out of their way to kill enemy pilots who lay inside their BattleMechs the battle also essentially destroys the remains of the cluster.

Once all warheads are aboard the DropShip and the Nova Cats have loaded all the Nighthawk suits they offer as many of the slaves as possible a chance at a better life, three hundred-and-fifty accept the call joining the Nova Cats as lower castes. The Nova Cat DropShips leave the planet and the entire force heads for the systems sun en route to the jump point saKhan Karl Devalis dies from his wounds onboard the DropShip carrying the nukes, his wish is for his body to be buried aboard the nuclear DropShip.

Three days later near the star the Nova Cats sent it on a course to impact with the star - General Order OOO is the destruction of all Nuclear, Biological and Chemical weapons ever discovered by a Nova Cat force or the elimination of any forces in the possession of such weapons. The one of the Carrack Merchant-class ships that had accompanied Delta Galaxy, the Pathfinder accompanies the vessel to the star where it plans evacuate the crew and shoot down the DropShip burning it and its deadly cargo up in the star.

For six hours the journey goes smoothly then trouble erupts when a Riga-class Frigate enters the system and tries to intercept the DropShip. The Pathfinder although not a proper combat WarShip engages the Frigate trying to buy the DropShip crew time as they gun the engines and try to destroy the DropShip and themselves. The Pathfinder’s delaying action is a futile effort as the vessel is destroyed in a single volley from the Riga’s main guns and the Frigate moves in on the DropShip intent on capturing the vessel and its deadly cargo. Although there is little hope the DropShip crew continue towards the star setting a direct collision course and smashing all controls that could turn the vessel around.
With the superior thrust rating of the WarShip the Riga soon catches the Overlord and marines quickly board the vessel killing the skeleton Nova Cat crew that had remained onboard and detonating charges around the ship engines cutting thrust long enough for the Riga to move in for the capture. Unfortunately, the boarding action and subsequent breaking manoeuvres preformed by the Riga that gave the Lucian Carns time to close in with its massive fighter screen fully deployed the mighty Anna Rosse-class Battle-cruiser obliterates the Riga in a very one-sided fight which sees the Nova Cat WarShip bombard the ancient Star League-era vessel with naval scale lasers, particle cannons, missiles and autocannons while stars of aerospace fighters swarm the vessel.  With the naval threat cleared the Lucian Carns sends the “nuclear” DropShip into Astroskaszy’s star with the enemy marines still aboard destroying the destructive cargo and the would-be thieves.

At its heart the Lucian Carns although transformed into the Anna Rosse-class by the Nova Cats was still an Avatar-class Cruiser that had served the first Star League checking thought records the Nova Cats find the enemy vessel was registered as the Red Angel.  Knowing of only ComStar and the Word of Blake to field Star League-era vessels the Nova Cats pass this through the Clan’s communication net and the Clan privately declares the ComGuards and the Word of Blake as Rogue agencies and declares that any Nova Cat force that encounters them is to destroy them on sight. As far as Delta Galaxy survivors are concerned a State of War exists between the Nova Cats and both ComStar and Word of Blake though it would take a full Clan Council meeting for this to become Clan policy.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #1043 on: 05 August 2018, 18:46:57 »
Think of it not as "Nukes in Space Combat" but "Nukes At All."  Nuke use of any kind is antithetical to the clans - so it was perfectly reasonable (to the clans) to label the Taurians as dezgra - note that its the entire nation, not a specific unit, thus the reason the clan council had to convene on the matter.  Orbital bombardment was directly done in response to the use of nukes and wasn't "planetwide" it was against military targets "casualties to the civilian population was minimised;" whether or not that is hyperbole is another issue entirely, but nothing in the post refutes the statement.  Now the why is nuke use, even against naval assets so against the clan mindset?  Because all the warriors involved have zero chance of their most recent gift-takes to be recovered - all the genetic material is suspect due to the radiation the nuke puts out.

As for your summary of events, it isn't hard to think that the Sceptre were a clan clan warship, all the units it deployed were identifiably clan in origin, that a warship has actually gone rogue is something so generally unexpected that it's hard to get the mind around (heck, it might even still have Raven Alliance markings and ID) - especially in a nation so inwardly focused as the Taurians.
And tell me that the Nova Cats who are operating in and around the TC would not have heard about the Spectre strike on Sterope, Taurian Concordat, and what damaged it caused.  And the TC public responce to any and all the clan forces operating hostile in the TC.  If not then the WATCH, needs to be replaced.
Rogue Clanners, like really that a thing now, Really???  Especially one using a brand new Clan WARSHIP???  (maybe in some fanboy fanfic  :smirk:, but come one we are talking about a real universe here, show me other Rogue Clan Forces running around with a brand new clan warship?)

:rant:  :brew:  Sorry this time, Nova Cats stuck their paw in and expected an already wounded and pissed off prey to play by NC rules, and then they didn't went crying to the council when the TC engaged them as the Pirates the Spectre Crew showed the what clan forces are currently to the TC, by doing an Endor Style event on a Sterope.  The Nova Cats are following up with Orbital Bombardment, just limited to starport and military targets and sure they killed no civilians because their ability to target is just so good :thumbsup:, further show that what Clanners are now.  And now the council has backed this so they all agreed that they all now fair game "pirates forces" for TC Vengeance when it comes, and it will come to them, I hope.

The TC, yep sucked a "Pirate" unit on the ground with 2 nukes gifts, but look what proceded it Sterope, 3 months earlier and 2 months after SLDF peacekeeping force was hit, and had to keep moving and not bunching up to avoid Orbital Strikes/Bombardment.  So we see that Nova Cats were already pushing to use "Pirate/Rogue" methods before the nukes were used in TC space against them.
And if the clans all feel so bad about nukes in space, Gee they in the wrong here, sorry Nukes have been a legal method of dealing with space forces in universe since Reunification War.

I'm still looking forward to hopefully Victor sending SLDF Ships and Troops to bring this Nova Cat Fight to end.  He was still looking to kick clanner tails and well we have Cats for him with tails.  >:D

and Dragon Cat it is nice that the Nova Cats have "Rule for WMD" handling on their books, but funny how it doesn't seem included Orbital Bombardment of Targets?  Also because we don't know who their were because our warrior killed and destroyed everyone of them from a Combined Arms force, instead of taking prisoners (showing a very pirate way) we think they were either Comstar or WOB troops who we also think were also looking for this very storage locker, so they are now considing ComGuards and the Word of Blake as Rogue agencies, to be shot on sight.  Gee this is the Periphery, look at Morrison's Extractors, who had found Star League Mechs, right next door Niops Association they can hand build Star League Mechs.  And gee did you all forget that the Wolverines might be still running Star League units, and well Riga could be theirs or something they picked up..
Also if it was Comstar or WOB not somehow got a signal that there was a "Rogue" Clan group here raiding old Star League areas or jumped and and saw it, and maybe we want to see what they wanted so badly to come all the way here. NOPE THEY KNEW ALL ALONG IT WAS NUKES WE WERE HERE TO TAKE, AND WANTED TO TAKE THEM FROM US. 
And if this is Nova Cats Real Policy on WMD, then I expect to see them hit FS, CC, FWL, and the rest of the Inner Sphere nations ASAP.   Because we all know they have them. 
General Order OOO is the destruction of all Nuclear, Biological and Chemical weapons ever discovered by a Nova Cat force or the elimination of any forces in the possession of such weapons.
[/i]  From Sarna on the Canon Universe 
but many nations in the Inner Sphere and Periphery periodically refurbish their stockpiles, if only to maintain a secret level of readiness or as a last desperate gambit.
  Plus any starship who has a White Shark or Killer Whale or AR-10 launcher has the ability to launch nuclear weapons.  So any ship that has them need to be engaged by the Nova Cats to make sure they aren't packing Nukes.

Otherwise lets not try to used this "general order", to further the slaughter of the TC forces, because they are hypocrites, but then again they are Clanners so that a given.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1044 on: 06 August 2018, 07:39:01 »
Epic undertaking
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1045 on: 09 August 2018, 21:03:47 »
DOC_Agren I completely respect your points there, I don't actually think you're far wrong.

A couple of things

(maybe in some fanboy fanfic  , but come one we are talking about a real universe here, show me other Rogue Clan Forces running around with a brand new clan warship?)

This is a fanboy fanfic I'm not a professional writer I'd love to be but I'm not this is just a hobby.  You won't find another Rogue WarShip because it generally doesn't happen which is why this instance is a cool one.

You're absolutely correct the Nova Cat's ARE overreaching but their doing so to prove a point to the other Clans as well as themselves following the Lynx breakaway.  This is stirring something in the Nova Cats.  Unfortunately the Taurians are the first target.

The Nova Cats are following up with Orbital Bombardment, just limited to starport and military targets and sure they killed no civilians because their ability to target is just so good ,

Again you're not far off it propaganda but propaganda that the Clans will buy even if outside observers will not

I'm still looking forward to hopefully Victor sending SLDF Ships and Troops to bring this Nova Cat Fight to end.  He was still looking to kick clanner tails and well we have Cats for him with tails. 

You'll hear the SLDF response in a minute

Otherwise lets not try to used this "general order", to further the slaughter of the TC forces, because they are hypocrites, but then again they are Clanners so that a given.

Just because the Nova Cats have been alright until now you got it again they are Clanners

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1046 on: 09 August 2018, 21:07:39 »
Intelligence Meetings, Star League High Command
Unity City, North Americal
Terra, Star League Protectorate
4th February 3112

Multiple division commanders and department heads of the Star League Defence Force were sat around a table with Exarch Victor Steiner-Davion looking at the new map of the Draconis Combine and District of Dieron.  Unlike his previous appearance as Exarch when he was dressed in businesss wear in this military facility Victor had chosen to wear an SLDF duty uniform today he acted as both the Exarch of the Star League Protectorate and First Lord of the Star League.  “An entire District broken away” Victor remarked without a smile “I’m sure my father would have thought this was a just reward for them.”  He said quietly he rarely spoke of Hanse Davion in public it was especially rare for him to speak of the legendary Federated Suns leader during his short time in the Star League Protectorate.  While he couldn’t show it here his eyes picked out the “Benjamin sailent” the Federated Suns forces had carved out which had probably helped push the Combine to this break and he couldn’t help be pleased with his son’s efforts.

“It is something as unthinkable as the Capellans invading New Syrtis or the Lyrans landing on Marik or Atreus.”  One of his commanders remarked

“Or the Clan’s reaching Terra” Victor said bringing focus back to the issue at hand, the defence of Terra and the Star League Protectorate.  “Where does this put us?”

“Sir, the Star League Defence Force units on Dieron have declared neutrality and will only act in self defence in any open war conflict between Dieron forces and those from New Samarkand.  Despite our as a foreign force within the District I do not think that Dieron will ask us to leave instead I believe we may need to reneigotiate our positon with the District like we did with the Combine.” Victor Focht reported Victor nodded that had been his order as soon as he heard of this latest development his people would not be wittled down in civil wars that was not what his Defence Force had been created for.  “Militarily I believe the Eridani Light Horse and the other units we have in Dieron are at less risk than the Star League as a whole may be politically…”

“Go on” Victor said noticing the man’s hesitancy “any of you, if you think it is relevant speak up, I won’t hold your opinions against you unless they conflict with your ability to complete the orders you are given.”  He said looking around the room wanting to make himself perfectly clear.  “Victor continue”

“Sir, the Draconis Combine is a member state of the Star League Defence Force they provide funds, personnel and equipment to our forces.  In return they are afforded support during conflict.”  He pointed out “while Dieron has not become a direct threat towards the rule of New Samarkand in a military sense Policially it threatens to bring down the entire Combine…”

“The Star League Charter specifically prohibits SLDF units engaging in conflict with two sides of a Civil War.  Star League Membership or not.”  Fleet Admiral Anthony Fitzgerald pointed out interrupting Focht caught the Exarch’s eye and noticed him nod for him to continue.

“Yes, Admiral but our problem may come when Dieron attempts to court us for weapons and arms in an effort to build their forces to oppose those of New Samarkand which I think they will unvariably do.”  He said looking at Victor “sir, I believe that we cannot entertain these trades.  Given the traditional feelings of the Draconis Combine towards the Federated Suns and Lyran Commonwealth I think it is unlikely that Dieron will find support from either of these nations.”

“So other than whatever deal we need to broker to keep the Eridani Light Horse on Dieron the District will be isolated.” Victor Steiner-Davion said rounding out Victor Focht’s analysis.

“I believe so First Lord” Focht noted “their only hope is the Federated Suns are able to hold onto Benjamin which will allow Dieron the time to build up their own defence force.”

“Which I personally think they have a good chance of” General James Topher the head of the Intelligence Division said quietly looking to Victor for a nod to continue which he quickly got.  “Sir, if we are to remain neutral between member state border conflicts?”  the Exarch again nodded the Star League Defence Force was not strong enough to hold two Succession States apart and did not have the political strength to force them to yield.  The only cases where they could interfere was when particular points of suffering were seen on a particular population due to these conflicts and even then it was dicey ground for the Star League which hadn’t been formed to force the Succession States to be peaceful towards each other but instead had been formed to defend against incursions by the Clans.

“Then now that the Draconis Combine have officially surrendered control over Benjamin I do not see how the forces of New Samarkand can hope to reenter, retake and hold Benjamin without sacrificing significant territory elsewhere.  And to be brutally honest Benjamin itself is not that critical other worlds are far more important.”  He said over the last few days the Federated Suns had officially declared victory over Benjamin and were fortifying their positions on all the worlds of the so called sailent.  “Instead I think that New Samarkand will be doing exactly the same as Dieron in the short term building up their forces.” 

“Two sides of the same coin” Victor said using the ancient phrase to describe two views of a matter.  “What about our other matter?”

“The Taurians and Nova Cats continue to trade blows including the Taurian use of nuclear weapons.” James Topher said “we have received a message from the Clan’s Loremaster which states the Clans will support each other should we attempt another operation such as Serpent.”  He explained “it does not rule out mutual support between states nor rule out the SLDF assisting in their defence.”

“Good because they weren’t going to stop us” Victor Focht said

“No, they were not” Victor Steiner-Davion said glancing at a couple of reports “I want the Fourth WarShip Squadron to deploy and head to Taurian space.  They can link up with the SLS Mopelia Island at New Syrtis then oppose Nova Cat operations in support of Taurian ground forces.”

“A lot of older designs in that fleet” Admiral Fitzgerald pointed out believing they may take heavier damage against the modern Clan designs in the Nova Cat fleet.

“They are the fastest fleet that can be readied and deployed in a short period of time and they are the closest fleet to Taurian space.”  Victor Focht noted.  “We can also deploy ground forces to support them as well several brigades can deploy and support the WarShips.”

“Are we likely to get assistance from the Federated Suns?”  One said

“To assist the Taurians… I think not” another said

“We will work on convincing the other nations to support it but we need to concentrate on turning back the Nova Cats and proving this alliance is worthwhile.”  Exarch Victor Steiner-Davion said “anything else?”

“Two things, sire” the Star League Defence Force’s Protectorate Government Liasion Joseph Kennedy said quietly, he was dark skinned and dressed in a business sute which was in stark contrast to the others in military uniform, Victor forced himself not to roll his eyes at the man’s behaviour he had asked a dozen times for him not to address him as “sire.”

“What is it?”

“The first is public opinion in the Protectorate with the deployment of forces to the Taurian Concordat when there are still enemies at the gate.” Victor looked at his Commanding-General

“The Wolves have not moved from their systems in months nor have the Bears also you can pass to the public that none of the guard regiments will be leaving the Protectorate so defences will not be adversely affected.”  Victor Focht answered for the Exarch.

“And the second?”

“Sire, this is more political” he said carefully the SLDF officers technically had no place in this discussion but Victor made no indication he wanted them to leave. “Liao’s government have approached us looking for protection from further Capellan aggression which they believe is only a matter of time before it comes.  Our humanitarian units are already on the world assisting in rescue operations but now they have asked for our protection politically and militarily.”

“They do not believe the AFFS are capable of such protection?”  Victor Steiner-Davion asked almost offended that Liao didn’t believe they could be protected.  How the raiders had reached Liao unopposed was still an unknown but until the method was explained it could likely happen again regardless of the defenders.

“They believe that their world being held by House Davion is bringing more attention to it than is desired.”

“Anyone holding that world other than the Capellan Confederation will gain attention.”  Victor Focht commented

“I agree” the Exarch agreed “reject the proposal for now but I’d like to rotate some more Star League assets through the area as a show of force.”

“Transit to Taurian space could be sent through Liao and the neighbouring systems.”  Victor Focht suggested it was a direct route through the region.  Normally troops would have been sent on a more circular route perhaps through Defiance before heading for Taurian space.

“Agreed other than that we’re stepping on the AFFS toes.  I will try to contact Burton, the First Prince, and schedule further units to be rotated through the area.”  He said trying not to show that he still had too much influence over Federated Suns matters.  “Feed back through your channels that Liao will be protected.

Parade Ground, Tatsuyama City
Dieron, District of Dieron
10th February 3112

In their first public appearance newly, named Empress Emiko Kurita and Warlord Akira Tormark are shown by tri-vid cameras inspecting the BattleMechs, vehicles and Battle armour suits of the newly risen First, Second and Third Dieron Imperial Guard Regiments.  While only a little more than a reinforced Mech Battalion and supported armour and Battle armour regiment each in size they were the first step towards Dieron building its own armed forces.

Hours later Emiko Kurita announces the creation of the Azami Prefecture which would give the Azami based in the District of Dieron their own political power as well as religious freedoms in exchange the Empress calls for a reformation of the Arkab armed forces to serve Dieron.  A few days later the First Arkab Messengers are formed on Arkab by the end of the year it is planned for six more combined arms units to be formed one on each of the Azami worlds with all maturing to full BattleMech regiments by 3120.

Assault Force
Surcin, Arcturus Theatre
Lyran Commonwealth
28th February 3112

Haumptman Amanita Caplan ducked her Shaman OmniMech to the right avoiding a Clan Long Range Missile salvo her fifty-five ton Mech low enough to the ground so it completely avoided the incoming missiles.  She raised the Mech’s right arm and returned fire with the large laser mounted there narrowly missing an incoming Hell’s Horses OmniMech before running on.  “This is Scrab One repeat Scrab One” she called out but all she heard was jamming as a fast hovercraft with Hell’s Horses markings shot in front of her firing short range missiles into the Shaman one struck the cockpit throwing Amanita around the cockpit.  As she reorientated herself the Shaman’s short-range missile rack achieved a lock and half a dozen missiles bore into the hovercraft as she moved the OmniMech forwards striking out with her OmniMech’s left arm she felt the fist strike the turret before the retractable blade shot out puncturing the cabin killing the crew of the Hepheastus.  “That’s for the Guards.  This is Scarab One calling command” she called out again as she did autocannon fire raked the back of the arm right to the limb’s shoulder joint shattering it “shit!”  She screamed as the arm and the blade were ripped off by her OmniMech’s continued motion.  “This is Scarab One Oupost Echo 16 has been overrun by Hell’s Horses troops.  I’m all that’s left” she communicated not knoing if anyone else could hear as her Mech moved she fired a laser blast wildly in her defence as a Gauss rifle blast and missiles slammed into the back of the OmniMech.

The Shaman staggered under the hits heading away from the Hepheastus Amanita fighting to continue the keep the OmniMech standing she saw damage to the OmniMech’s gyro but the Shaman’s Heavy-Duty gyro allowed her to ignore it.   What she couldn’t ignore was the red marks that were all around her OmniMech.  “Scarab One to base Area 16 has fallen, I repeat Hell’s Horses troops control Area 16” she transmitted as another salvo of weapons fire cut into her OmniMech striking the SRM storage container even as the CASE system saved the Shaman from total destruction Amanita felt it begin to fall and triggered the eject system.  Unfortunately, the system sent her command chair through the air backwards towards the outpost into Hell’s Horses territory and into Amanita’s new life as a bondsman of Clan Hell’s Horses.

Elsewhere on Surcin and nearby Garrison the Hell’s Horses launched joint assaults on the Third Arcturan Guards RCT, the militia and mercenaries that supported them.  The elite Regimental Combat Team fought bravely on both worlds but they had little chance and were forced into retreat with the aerospace wing and escorting assault DropShips destroyed by Hell’s Horses WarShips as the unit retreated.  These assaults further isolate the contested Odessa system and threaten Arcturus with capture by the Clans.

The Shaman OmniMech is from here
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=61091.0

Hopefully Empyrus doesn't mind the borrow

And I messed up I should have never used Victor Focht having two Victors in a room is a bloody nightmare
« Last Edit: 09 August 2018, 21:13:01 by Dragon Cat »

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #1047 on: 10 August 2018, 02:34:47 »
The only thing worse than 2 victors in a room are a lance of victors in a room. ::)
Azami gaining more freedom, interesting.
The SL joining the Taurians, in this one I'm supporting the Nova Cats. :beer:
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1048 on: 10 August 2018, 14:21:55 »
Very fine line the Star League walking. 

Action pack update for certain!

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #1049 on: 10 August 2018, 17:39:48 »
DOC_Agren I completely respect your points there, I don't actually think you're far wrong.

A couple of things
(maybe in some fanboy fanfic  , but come one we are talking about a real universe here, show me other Rogue Clan Forces running around with a brand new clan warship?)
This is a fanboy fanfic I'm not a professional writer I'd love to be but I'm not this is just a hobby.  You won't find another Rogue WarShip because it generally doesn't happen which is why this instance is a cool one.
Dragon Cat, I honestly consider this a "Real Universe" here, because things "work" and it basicly realist manner present here.  That why I made the point that a seperate color so that it stood out.  Because it was meant to show that the TC had no reason to even assume that Spectre wasn't a Clan/Pirate force invading/raiding TC space that did the deed.

You're absolutely correct the Nova Cat's ARE overreaching but their doing so to prove a point to the other Clans as well as themselves following the Lynx breakaway.  This is stirring something in the Nova Cats.  Unfortunately the Taurians are the first target.

Again you're not far off it propaganda but propaganda that the Clans will buy even if outside observers will not
Really that the Clans are accepting this, shows when TC can bring the Vengeance, they all accepted their fate.  Seeing how they don't see that they are supporting NC who are now looking to do a nationwide version of Turtle Bay Massacre to the TC.

You'll hear the SLDF response in a minute
I saw   :thumbsup:

Just because the Nova Cats have been alright until now you got it again they are Clanners
Thanks Dragon Cat for taking the time to answer most of my points, most people who talk to the god of the universe are considered touch, so I am now.  >:D
But could I ask if Nova Cats really have Real Policy on WMD ie-General Order OOO is the destruction of all Nuclear, Biological and Chemical weapons, then how come they have not hit FS, CC, FWL, and the rest of the Inner Sphere nations weapon storage sites.   Because we all know they have them.

Register