Author Topic: Azeroth Pocketverse: A special place.  (Read 5843 times)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Azeroth Pocketverse: A special place.
« on: 08 February 2011, 15:01:58 »
A trillion years ago, when the Battletech Universe was very young, and the mighty Herb, god of Nuke and Fire wasn't even a week old.  A springy wisp of neutrons and nerdoms began to form, creating and shaping what would become the Inner Sphere that we know today. The Caliban Nebula was formed after the rest of the BT universe was settled. Azeroth Pocketverse is inside the Caliban Nebula itself.

It was named after the formation of an uneasy alliance during the Amaris Civil War in which the Star Leaque ship, Rubicon of Naga-class, battles the Rim World Republic ship Maximilian's Delight, a Pinto-class vessel. In a battle that saw both sides defeated and no way out. The story continues now...

When Rear Admrial Proske, captain of the RWRS Maximilian's Delight, heard his orders to pickup the aging Steel Diamond, a Vulture-class dropship from a staging area, he was furious. But orders were orders and nothing he could do except pound his bionic hand into the bulkhead overhead. The Captain of Steel Diamond, Sara Proske, heard her uncle, Ole' Bloody Guts was coming, she fummed. Command had no right was her reaction, but orders were orders and this so called Hegemony Campaign was slowly killing the Republic. She was order to take the remains of the 33rd Amaris Dragoons on board. After docking and preparing to jump, a general alarm was called, they were under attack. Quick thinking only doomed them later as they did a hasty jump into void...

On another day and time, Pilot-Commander Shea Brock, currently assigned to the SLS Rubicon, would have loved to take a vacation and see Saturn's Ice Rings. But tonight he was on the 3rd watch detail. Local traffic had been slow and the steady police action against pirates and bootleggers alike had lulled him into dullness, hence the vacation thoughts. His radioman squawked out a general action as SL Command order the Rubicon into the fray. It seems that his vacation would have to wait for another day. The Captain, a burly woman with thick eyebrows, took charge and ordered her crew into the void as ordered...

Somewhere in the void, a cruel fate that even the almighty Herb would have thought funny...

The Maximilian's Delight and the Rubicon both misjumped in their separate venues. Realizing their fate, Rear Admire Proske order his niece to detach with 33rd Amaris Dragoons being carried. She complied, wishing here uncle a quick farewell in the decent to one of the local planets. In the insuring battle, both the admiral and the captain died and their attending crews soon realized that they would do so soon if not for a treaty. Which is were we will start in the next chapter.

The Azeroth Pocketverse : History in the making.

Now class turn to page 47H of your history noteputer. Jason Brock! Sit down and stop teasing your cousin Julie right now. Ms. Proske? Kindly refrain a retaliation from him at the moment... ( Sounds of snickering can be heard. ) Now where was I? Oh yes... The Azeroth Pocketverse : History in the making. As we all know, When Pilot-Commander Shea Brock, yes Jason your forefather, entered in agreement with Captain Sara Proske, yes Jason, Julies' ancestor. Can we please get on with the leason or would you rather read it outloud yourself from the text? Hmm? I thought so...

Again... The Azeroth Pocketverse : History in the making. As we all know, When Pilot-Commander Shea Brock entered in agreement with Captain Sara Proske, it was decided that they would survive on mutual agreement until one of the two sides find them, hopefully. As Colony was a temperate world, much of our resources was used to keep our ancestors alive in the stark vastness of the void. Using the last of their fuel sources, they geosynchronous orbited the two warships in hope that they may be spotted. Well they found hope in the form of relief in a Refugee Convoy fleeing the Sphere after telling chilling tales of nuclear attacks and orbital bombardments that even light up the smile of the great god Herb himself. It wasn't long when another convoy should up with soldiers and civilians alike running away to the Periphery to escape the horror and carnage of the Second Successor War as they called it.

Rebuilding Babylon

When everything was said and done, noting the various factions and their pet peeves. Colony residents set out to explore their new home, since some of their equipment malfunctioned on the way here, probes where sent out on fast orbits, ones that took a lifetime or two to reach. No worries, as the residents of the pocketverse they called Azeroth claimed. You can get in, but getting out is next to impossible to even try. As assets were analyzed and set up, they quickly found that their pasts had a way of catching up. Old feuds and the like were cropping in places that shouldn't be. Various factions took over different planets, as today we have three greater and five minor planetary cultures and as many independent versions as well all in our quest to survive. All major factions are present, and we even have a Clan calling this home as well. More on this later, right now we have to break for the day and return tomorrow for the next chapter.

TT
« Last Edit: 08 February 2011, 16:45:23 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Azeroth Pocketverse: A special place.
« Reply #1 on: 08 February 2011, 17:34:34 »
Colony

Founded by Captain Sara Proske and Pilot-Commander Shea Brock, after they survived the misjumps and spacebattle that followed. Both realized that to survive they have to work together. SL and RWR crews as well as the Steel Diamond combatants, the 33rd Amaris Dragoons. First they off loaded all their equipment into a small comunity called Settlement near the only freshwater source found to be clear of most contaminants. Thirty-five or so years later, a refugee convoy was escaping from the ravishes of destruction found in the Inner Sphere. They brought with them the plans of a small spacedock and orbital factory complex from GM/Blackwell Industries. Using this new found equipment to expand their toehold of the Pockverse.

Social-Industry C-C-B-C-B

The Shino Empire

Founded when Minoru Kurita had an affair and Kinuko Kurita was born. She was twelve years old when her father died leaving her unknown to the Kurita line, as her mother was a maiko, or dance child in Japanese. For that pleasure and memory of the night, her father did allow a few members of dispossessed Ronin DCMS soldiers to follow her, effectively making them low ranking DEST members. Needing to attain power, she formed an alliance with Lo Wang, a bloatish shrew of ignoramus heritage. Even his aunt didn't like him, but since he was family and she didn't want the wars to have any lasting effects on the Wang line, she sent him away, quietly. He was followed by members of Warrior House Wang, the future of the Death Commandos. Even today, secret feuds arise between these two factions, some say a power struggle. Hints of Yakuza and Triad fights are spreading as more of the struggle hits the populace.

Social-Industry C-D-B-C-A

TT
« Last Edit: 22 March 2011, 15:07:56 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 08 February 2011, 17:59:39 »
Marik

The name says it all... Gerald Marik II set out to create a legacy. He didn't, instead he died with unclear circumstances. Sad isn't it? But since cloning is illegal in the Free World Leaque, some of the scientists recreated him to extract certain DNA samples for later impregnation, as no other way was found. Samples that are still abound in certain reaches of SAFE, even if it is vulnerable to infiltration. The current ruling power is Alin Marik, a thirty-something who decreed that he should have a wife, negotiations with an independent world leader is ongoing. If set, the marriage would allow him to rule over a two planet system, currently the world leader is holding out for a better deal.

Social-Industry C-C-C-C-B

The Lyran Group

When Colony was founded, a group of workers lead by Jedidiah Steiner, created a factory world which they named Forge. Soon two other planets were founded, Anvil and Hammer. In the beginning much was traded, but soon many ideals became threatend and soon war started. In the insuring aftermath, the Pockverse settlers found themselves boiled in, and armed themselves accordingly. They have one of the few orbital manufacturing habitats left. The GM/Blackwell Manufacturing Complex, a series of modular factories including a Snowden Mining Station. Most of the planet is covered in Biodomes to help agricultural foodstuffs.

Social-Industry B-C-B-B-E

TT
« Last Edit: 22 March 2011, 15:24:08 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 22 March 2011, 15:36:50 »
Word of Blake and the Manei Domini

53rd. Shadow Division : Wrath of Apollyon

A Level IV unit that hadn't seen action yet, they got the message that the Jihad was over and there was a hunt for anything with connections to the Word. Thier mission was a secret that only Apollyon knew. Every single Manei was hand picked by him alone. Isolated and given a single mission to find a quiet place and collect materials for the Word, all in the name of Blake himself. Since this secret mission has only been founded recently by the AMC /  Republic forces, a mission to eradicate them has been posted.

< More details later >  ^-^ ;)

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 15 March 2021, 20:36:18 »
BUMP

Revamp in Progress

Ignore for now

New History as new units have come available

Bug me later

~ Loremaster Avery
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse