Author Topic: Games of Berkeley - Blood Spirits vs Hells Horses  (Read 91 times)

Luciora

• Major
Games of Berkeley - Blood Spirits vs Hells Horses
« on: 21 April 2024, 22:34:42 »
Games of Berkeley.

Clan Blood Spirit vs elements of Clan Hells Horses.

Blood Spirits
Spirit Walker Prime
Night Chanter Prime
Conjurer
Horned Owl
Ostscout (Spider)  - forgot to bring the mini so had to proxy.

Hells Horse
Thunder Stallion 3
Kouku x2 (elite)

Even outnumbered, the Horses were a tough opponent.  While initiative was on the Blood Spirits side, the Horses tanks were hitting just about every round they were able to fire.  The Thunder Stallion an elusive beast, almost seemingly possessed by the Phantom Mech ability, with shot after shot missing it.

First to go down was the Horned Owl, while the Conjurer failed a damage piloting roll and knocked itself out for a turn.

The Ostscout, Night Chanter and Spirit Walker kept advancing on the Thunder Stallion, in the meantime, with the Ostscout flanking and getting to the rear of the the larger mech, and even behind the tanks, but its single medium laser was not making any meaningful hits while its other two star mates managed to crit out its right torso, but the mech survived due to the lack of an XL engine.

Game was won by the Hells Horses players.  The Kouku elite gunners  were just hitting every time and tearing up the Blood Spirit mechs every round.

I thought rushing the Thunder Stallion was the right thing to do, underestimating the Kouku's gunnery, much to my chagrin.  By the time I realized my error, I had lost half the force and couldn't pull back to snipe from range. 

Luciora

• Major
Re: Games of Berkeley - Blood Spirits vs Hells Horses
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2024, 22:35:28 »
Part 2

Luciora

• Major
Re: Games of Berkeley - Blood Spirits vs Hells Horses
« Reply #2 on: 21 April 2024, 22:36:17 »
Last pic