Author Topic: Power is a goal. Pleasure is eternal. Welcome to Canopus.  (Read 218029 times)

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
Re: Power is a goal. Pleasure is eternal. Welcome to Canopus.
« Reply #1200 on: 04 March 2023, 12:41:01 »
Trust me, I get it. My heart still weeps for my Blood Spirits.  xp
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Starfury

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1201 on: 04 March 2023, 16:48:13 »
Going by RATs, I'd probably say maybe 10% of the MoC specific regiments are Clantech at the most. 7.5% is probably a better figure since the Magistracy is far more prosperous thrn the other Periphery powers. The Pride probably has far more, perhaps as high as a third.  The other factor to consider is how well does the MHAF does against an opponent that's 90% upgraded vs the Marians' 50%?

Both factions have impressive MUL collections. Has anyone done any battles of Canopus vs the Marian Hegemony in the ilClan era?

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1202 on: 04 March 2023, 16:58:58 »
The MoC was starting to purchase clantech from the Snow Ravens in 3146, so the percent might be larger. 
With recent combat losses in the MoC and FWL, the Marians may have a smaller military than the four regiments bearing down on Alphard.  The Canopians don't have to annihilate the MHAF.  If they liberate all the slaves, there will be severe labor shortages leading to supply chain nightmares.  If they slag the military factories, it will take years longer to significantly rebuild the material part of the MHAF.  To make things even more fun, the Canopians could grab the germanium stockpiles and loot the banks for precious metals.  While they're looting the banks, they could burn all the paper currency and wreck the computer systems.  Economic depression could soon follow.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #1203 on: 05 March 2023, 21:52:00 »
Interesting the Canopians as the pirates..  I'm sure they will liberate the slaves back to home...
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1204 on: 06 March 2023, 06:07:45 »
There aren't any slaves back home.  That one entry in the rulebook was errata.

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1205 on: 06 March 2023, 08:36:39 »
The MoC was starting to purchase clantech from the Snow Ravens in 3146, so the percent might be larger. 
With recent combat losses in the MoC and FWL, the Marians may have a smaller military than the four regiments bearing down on Alphard.  The Canopians don't have to annihilate the MHAF.  If they liberate all the slaves, there will be severe labor shortages leading to supply chain nightmares.  If they slag the military factories, it will take years longer to significantly rebuild the material part of the MHAF.  To make things even more fun, the Canopians could grab the germanium stockpiles and loot the banks for precious metals.  While they're looting the banks, they could burn all the paper currency and wreck the computer systems.  Economic depression could soon follow.

Tell me more, i love fantasy fanfics.... ;D
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1206 on: 06 March 2023, 16:46:28 »
 Wait and see.  >:D
« Last Edit: 07 March 2023, 17:25:45 by jimdigris »

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #1207 on: 06 March 2023, 19:34:22 »
I hope Big Daddy Daoshen has been generous with the latest shipments of Capellan gear to the MHAF, as I'm not sure what else could make that fight interesting. Oh! And I also hope that Sian Dragoon regiment that's operating covertly somewhere in Magistracy space gets pulled into it too, somehow.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #1208 on: 07 March 2023, 09:49:31 »
 Sian will be devoting all of its attention elsewhere, somewhat more Coreward if you will. That should include equipment of all types. They are gunning for a double annihilation and do have the forces to do it if they plan correctly.

As for the Marians getting good arms, they should not have any trouble with that. They lost a critical Battle Armor factory, but that should not impede them in the near term.
« Last Edit: 07 March 2023, 09:54:57 by Minemech »

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #1209 on: 07 March 2023, 10:09:15 »
Sian will be devoting all of its attention elsewhere, somewhat more Coreward if you will. That should include equipment of all types. They are gunning for a double annihilation and do have the forces to do it if they plan correctly.

As for the Marians getting good arms, they should not have any trouble with that. They lost a critical Battle Armor factory, but that should not impede them in the near term.

the factory has already been retaken Marik withdrew from Illyria

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #1210 on: 07 March 2023, 10:19:41 »
the factory has already been retaken Marik withdrew from Illyria
You are right. I got lazy and double checked the Sarna map, when I should have read the material. Keeping all that up to date is a chore for the workers there.
« Last Edit: 07 March 2023, 10:22:27 by Minemech »

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #1211 on: 07 March 2023, 10:33:01 »
You are right. I got lazy and double checked the Sarna map, when I should have read the material. Keeping all that up to date is a chore for the workers there.

The eternal fight that the Marians have to have data from our factories we still want to know what mechs the ATC builds in Addhara and what else Hadrian did since 3077

At least we already know that we made 5 SL mechs with Marian Arms in Alphard

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1212 on: 07 March 2023, 17:22:22 »
And I also hope that Sian Dragoon regiment that's operating covertly somewhere in Magistracy space gets pulled into it too, somehow.
Be careful what you wish for.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1213 on: 07 March 2023, 17:23:06 »

The eternal fight that the Marians have to have data from our factories we still want to know what mechs the ATC builds in Addhara and what else Hadrian did since 3077

At least we already know that we made 5 SL mechs with Marian Arms in Alphard
Maybe this should be discussed in the Marian thread.

Register