Author Topic: Needed support personnel  (Read 1826 times)

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
Needed support personnel
« on: 28 June 2018, 09:27:11 »
For a campaign what support personnel should I use for roughly 24 mechs, ~20-25 vehicles included support ones and a few infantry platoons?

I know to have roughly 1 mech tech per mech/tank.  But who else should I be using for logistics?

Thanks and have a great day!

PreacherPatriot1776

• Sergeant
Re: Needed support personnel
« Reply #1 on: 28 June 2018, 10:12:33 »
My advice is to look under the Unit Ratings report and it'll tell you what personnel you need or don't.

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 28 June 2018, 10:16:32 »
Sounds a bit much to me in terms of mechanics/mechtechs.
For maintainance it's weight in minutes+5 for each unit and you have 480 minutes for each tech a day.
In my campaign I have 17 'Mechs and about 8 mechtechs (some of them multi-purpose) and I don't use all mintes per day for repairs exept after having done a several battles a week and a high salvage percentage.
Dont leave you spaceport with a good deal of administrators (if you play AtB) and at least one doctor.
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 28 June 2018, 11:40:19 »
If you're using campaign ops rating, page 21 in campaign ops has the rules for admin personnel. The ratio of admin personnel to others affects your campaign ops unit rating - if you don't have enough, then the rating takes a hit. If you don't want to hire fifty bazillion admin people, you may consider giving people a secondary admin role, until that rating penalty goes away.

For practical purposes, if you're playing AtB, you want at least one doctor, and at least one of each admin. If you're acquiring a lot of parts, you may consider either hiring additional admin guys or, as mentioned before, giving some of your techs/mechwarriors secondary admin roles.

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 29 June 2018, 04:35:23 »
Also note when playing AtB, hiring admins for each admin position and doctor does increase your mercenary units rating.
If you start fresh hire an admin for recruiting with a paid rol, then the other admins and a doctor, then take on a contract. If you are lucky your units rating has increaded just as much to get you to the next rating.
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"