Author Topic: Star League  (Read 1070 times)

JagdFlanker

• Recruit
Star League
« on: 02 July 2018, 20:09:27 »
after playing MekHQ for a few weeks i figure it'd be fun to start a 2500 campaign.  having different mechs and a lot less to choose from is interesting, although i was kind of hoping they'd all have primitive parts until better techs come out later on in the campaign so you'd have to upgrade all your mechs

got my first contract, Terran Hegemony vs Star League, then load into my first battle - but no Star League mech chart to roll from, so no enemy mechs in the battle

is that the exception, or avoid the first few centuries in the game?

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
Re: Star League
« Reply #1 on: 02 July 2018, 23:32:08 »
Yeah, the earlier RATs have a lot of gaps in them. Ideally, it'd fall back to inner sphere - general or something like that, but it doesn't currently.

You can test whether a faction will have a RAT for a given year/unit type by opening up manage campaign -> show gm tools dialog, then input the year you want into the rat generator interface there. Looks like Star League first opens up at 2571.

JagdFlanker

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 03 July 2018, 06:20:09 »
cool - thanks.  maybe i'l stick with 2500, but check out if the RAT works on both sides before accepting contracts

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2018, 07:29:14 »
Your not going to find any Star League RATs for 2500 because it was not formed until 2571. If the AtB contract generator is using the Star League as a facton in 2500 it means the controlling faction dates are wrong on at least one planet. Even after 2571 there would not be a conflict between TH and SL.

Register