Author Topic: Black Stars Mercenary Collective (AU) OOC Thread  (Read 25771 times)

Cricket

• Recruit
Re: Black Stars Mercenary Collective (AU) OOC Thread
« Reply #60 on: 23 October 2015, 21:23:37 »
Deputy Director has been informed and will get back to me.

blackpanzer

• Sergeant
« Reply #61 on: 25 October 2015, 10:38:40 »
At the risk of pre-empting the details of the contract, below are my rough plans for the upcoming sup-contract.

1) The Bloody Marauders have already landed, and identified the 101st as our main thread. Coordinates and defences at the Starport, supply depots, fortifications and outposts have been identified.

2) Main force arrives at Summer late Jan 3092. With LZ secured by the Marauders, and our main enemies located near the capital city, we land all our forces there, except for me dropping a company of mixed tanks and BA near to where the Summer Militia Lance and Shooters' Recon Alpha team is. The objective of the latter is to make sure that on one hand, none of those ULTRA forces on Aberdale can assist those on the main continent of Lestrade where the Capital is. Also, also to ensure that none of the 101st escape from the net we're gonna throw around them.

3) We land as planned against minimal resistance, since there was minimal ULTRA ASF presence and we have the Iron Gauntlet covering space and the skies.

4) We started to hit ULTRA positions, and wore down he 101st and what's left of the 133rd.

5) Meanwhile, on Aberdale, the Summer Militia and the company of Sharp Shooters continued to combat the 71st ULTRA Dragoons.

6) All 3 ULTRA units got reduced to below combat capable. We are about to wipe them all out, or offer them surrender when we receive news from Kaptain Damad Sandaker and his Iron Gauntlet from orbit - the ULTRA reinforcements have arrived. Details to be worked out, but I'm thinking of something substantial - a fleet anchored by one of those WarShips probably.

That's my rough idea for the contract story plotline. Details to be worked out and confirmed. As usual, I'm open to you guys having fun with the actual details.

Escudero

• Corporal
  • Think forward.
« Reply #62 on: 25 October 2015, 19:20:57 »
Uh oh.  I guess when they show up its time to run away.
Aura Wings Mercenary Group

blackpanzer

• Sergeant
« Reply #63 on: 25 October 2015, 22:51:03 »
Sadly, we won't be keeping Summer as shown in the currently offered contract for the system UNDER THE FWL.

We can certainly kick all the butts we want, and evacuate as many civilians as we feasibly want to, but we will not get to return Summer to the LA. However, there WILL be those willing to stay behind and make things difficult for the new landlord.

http://www.battletech-mercenaries.com/contracts/contract.php?LA-RD-10-01

blackpanzer

• Sergeant
« Reply #64 on: 26 October 2015, 05:08:22 »
Just got this email. Tried it. And it bloody hell worked!
We're back in business!

Hi everyone,

Long time no see.

First, my apologies to the Staff for reactivating my account without prior discussions, but i've been in contact with the board/domain owner and i got his approval to try and take a stab at the community's current predicament.

I have tested the issue on a local server using backups and i believe i may have found our problem and fixed it. For those who are interested in a more technical explanation - it had to do with the authentication method which was based on an external database through a service provided by IPB (Converge); service which has recently been retired in favor of a newer version available from IPB v4 and above.

I have switched the forum back to a regular/normal authentication method and both my former accounts have managed to log in.

Please let your people know that they should try again - in case you're still experiencing issues i would suggest clearing of cache, cookies and other temp internet files.

Also don't hesitate to email/pm any of the Staff members or myself in case you still cannot log in.

Note: will try to also send a community wide email.

and now, back to my slumber :)

Kidd

• Major
« Reply #65 on: 26 October 2015, 05:43:09 »
Worked for me too!

Okay let's shut this down and push it all back to Mercnet?

Cricket

• Recruit
« Reply #66 on: 26 October 2015, 13:32:10 »
I am back up and capable on the BTM Forum.

The Supplemental contract has been submitted and awaiting for approval.

blackpanzer

• Sergeant
« Reply #67 on: 26 October 2015, 20:03:18 »
Worked for me too!

Okay let's shut this down and push it all back to Mercnet?

On it. Give me a day or so. This will continue to be our backup though.

Cricket

• Recruit
« Reply #68 on: 07 May 2016, 12:06:28 »
Supplemental contract has been submitted.  Length of contract is 4 months (60 days real time).

blackpanzer

• Sergeant
« Reply #69 on: 10 May 2016, 01:25:32 »
Might want to wait a little while when a couple more of our people comes back, or response. I know I have you and The Kid. Not sure what's happening with the others though. It is gonna be a battalion or regiment type contract?

blackpanzer

• Sergeant
« Reply #70 on: 03 July 2016, 12:38:19 »
For those not in the know for any reason, a new forum has been set up as the position of the old one has been determined to be untenable. Those of you yet to receive email notification can PM me here for the link.

For those loyal Black Stars supporters, this is your chance to start a new adventure with us! As is above, PM me if you're interested and we'll talk.

blackpanzer

• Sergeant
« Reply #71 on: 10 December 2016, 01:28:40 »
Quite a bit has happened to the Black Stars over the past recent months, some matters coinciding with the crash of the forums, some due to real life problems many of us face in the current global economic uncertainty.

OOC-ly, we've had several key members applying for LOA with the recent difficulties. These have been the core of the Stars for years, and I'm hoping they'll make a return soon.

IC-ly, the Stars have finally been awarded our first landhold. Unlike most other units who usually gets a border world, we volunteered to explore and conquer the long lost former RWR system of Erdvynn instead.

At this moment, the IS is just settling down after a new faction that waa sponsored by the FWL carved out a swath of territory stretching from the LA through (and includin) Terra, to the border shared by the DC and FS. Nations are still counter attacking, but new dark clouds are already forming. Rumour has it that the Ghost Bears and Snow Ravens have finally realised that their most direct line of comms is a straight line, and that line slices right through the Draconis Combine...

With jobs aplenty and history to be written by the victors, the Black Stars are looking to hire. The Collective takes in highly decorated former ComGuards Generals as well as the lowest scum. we only ask for one thing in return - loyalty to the Black Star family.

Contact myself through PM if you are interested and we'll see what arrangents we can make.

blackpanzer

• Sergeant
« Reply #72 on: 13 March 2017, 07:29:13 »
Well, we've officially taken the Erdvynn systems for our own and the LA has declared it ours to keep.

Several new story arcs are being laid out for us to pick up, with it NOT being restricted to contracts with the Lyrans only. Of course, we won't be going up against our employers, but there are plenty of options out there.

The Black Stars Mercenary Collective hereby extends an invitation to one and all who are interested in literally writing history to sign up with us. We are rather liberal in our recruitment policies, with members' background ranging from disgraced Clanners to former Word of Blake soldiers.

Drop me a PM if you are interested to find out more.

Destiny awaits!

Register