Author Topic: Google Chrome and paragraph spacing.  (Read 1478 times)

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
Google Chrome and paragraph spacing.
« on: 28 March 2014, 16:52:53 »
I've noticed that my paragraphs are receiving an automatic double-return when hitting Enter. It's resulting in two spaces between paragraphs instead of one. What's causing this?
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
Re: Google Chrome and paragraph spacing.
« Reply #1 on: 28 March 2014, 17:12:43 »
I'm not sure.

I've tested the theme extensively—in fact, I'm writing this post in Chrome as we speak—and I'm not seeing any formatting or cross-browser errors that would replicate your problem. Can you post a screen shot of the double-return? It could be a keyboard change, but unless you had a cat jump on your board I doubt it.  :)

I'll look again.

BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
« Reply #2 on: 28 March 2014, 20:01:38 »
You see it in my posts.

Here. Notice the spacing between the two sentences? You'll see it in threads, from time-to-time. It should look like this:

Sentence 1

Sentence 2
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #3 on: 28 March 2014, 22:24:53 »
For what it is worth, I'm also using chrome but have not noticed this problem.
A suggestion I have is to download a portable apps version of chrome and test it that one. That will allow you to see if there is something strange in the cache or your install got a corruption. You can't have both versions open at the same time but it does give you a quick way to check on something outside your normal setup. When you are done, delete the folder and there is nothing left to clean up.

BobTheZombie

• Master Sergeant
  • When in doubt, alpha strike!
    • BobTheZombie at Sarna.net
« Reply #4 on: 28 March 2014, 22:44:12 »
I've just checked and I don't have any problems; perhaps try using Firefox instead? ;)
Report Sarna.net issues/inaccuracies here or you can simply PM me the details

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #5 on: 29 March 2014, 00:39:53 »
Hi Tigershark,

I think it might very well be something with an app in Chrome or a recent update. Sadly, I'm really not seeing anything on my end, but I'll keep checking.
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan