Poll

Pick one! We might even make a book about it!

Solaris, Post-Jihad
67 (30.2%)
Covert Ops, Post-Jihad
26 (11.7%)
Interstellar Expeditions, Post-Jihad
129 (58.1%)

Total Members Voted: 222

Voting closed: 31 October 2011, 20:33:15

Author Topic: Pick one  (Read 41444 times)

Patrick Dupree

• Private
  • Marik Milita rules!
Re: Pick one
« Reply #30 on: 29 October 2011, 01:15:54 »
I picked Interstellar Expeditions, for the others I already have more than one sourcebook.
Also I think it will be a great source for AToW, as this is a get out of your cockpit and into the action field.
Patrick Dupree
2nd Free Worlds Legionnaires {The Stygians}
The advancement and diffusion of knowledge are the only true guardians of liberty. 
-James Madison

Degman

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #31 on: 30 October 2011, 12:32:02 »
Interstellar Expeditions, definitely  [rockon]

By far has the biggest potential, and could easily be the most refreshing from the three.

foxbat

• Tunnel Rat
  • Global Moderator
  • Captain
    • classicbattletech.fr
« Reply #32 on: 30 October 2011, 13:04:31 »
Interstellar Expeditions as well. This sounded promising when it was introduced in ISP, and has not been, AFAIK -but I may err-, has not been developped yet to its full potential. Let's see what you developpers can come up with on that matter!  ;)
Hanse Davion is my shepherd.
We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender! Winston Churchill, June 1940

SurfRockSteven

• Corporal
  • Glowin' like the metal on the edge of a knife...
« Reply #33 on: 30 October 2011, 20:13:10 »
It would depend on what is in these products. 

If it's just going to be a new version of MechWarrior's Guide to Solaris, I'll pass.  If it's going to be closer to the box set and the Reaches with a duelling system and rules for gambling and how to run a Solaris League season, I'd definitely be on board with that.

I thought the Guide to Covert Ops was a poor followup to Intelligence Operations Manual and one of the worse BT products ever made.  The only way I would even consider buying it would be if it was an online only update to the various Intelligence agencies.

I'd be very excited about Interstellar Expeditions if it was mostly concerned with what and who is in the Deep Periphery.  The closest we got to the was Explorer Corps and even that was pretty limited to the area between the Inner Sphere and the Clans.
"The story of civilization is, in a sense, the story of engineering - that long and arduous struggle to make the forces of nature work for man's good."
~L. Sprague de Camp

"Arrr! The laws of science be a harsh mistress."
~Bender Bending Rodriguez

Jerrard

• Private
« Reply #34 on: 31 October 2011, 01:42:21 »
Interstellar Expeditions. Might shed some more light on what happened in the Jihad and what is going on afterwards.

Dr Dodo

• Private
« Reply #35 on: 18 December 2011, 14:14:47 »
Going by title alone my first choice would be Interstellar Expeditions, Post-Jihad then Solaris, Post-Jihad followed by Covert Ops, Post-Jihad

IE to have the campaign rules for expeditions sounds interesting, I have always enjoyed solaris but while covert ops sounds good I just like the sould of t he others better.
The Doctor IV: You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #36 on: 23 February 2012, 10:13:05 »
Hello,

Oh, I do so love it when the popular opinion mirrors what I was going to do anyway...

Thank you,

- Herbert Beas
  BattleTech
  Catalyst Game Labs