Author Topic: Data Extraction  (Read 2440 times)

Sagittaire

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Catalyst Field Agent #455
Data Extraction
« on: 06 October 2011, 21:55:20 »
This game was a Raid in force against militia forces. Victory conditions were: attacker retrieves the data from the research center and extracted back to their deployment area (the unit was required to stay adjacent to the building for one complete turn).

The attacking force was made up of 4 lances of mechs ranging in weight classes. The defending unit was a mixed lot of vehicles within the city.

The attacking mechs begin the long march into the city while defending units move into better firing positions. Unbeknown to the attackers is a lance of mechs is waiting for them to enter the city, lead by an imposing Berserker.

The presence of the defending mechs forces the attackers to separate into two groups and take up firing positions in the hills and trees.

Some of the attacking units have made it in to the city. Several vehicles have been immobilized but aren't out of the fight. The speed of the Scarabus has allowed it to make the long journey around to the rear of the defenders line. Hoping to cause some distraction.

The vehicles have done their job, slowing up the attacker long enough for the defending mechs to get in range!

Things start to get crowed around the target building (white with blue dome). The attacker has made a strong push but most of the operational vehicles move to the building as well.

The defending Berserker and Axeman have made it into melee range against the defenders fire support units.

Amazingly the Berserker misses the Apollo with its hatchet, the Apollo makes a break for it. The Berserker turns towards the Salamander. The attacker makes one final push as another lance of defending mechs has entered the board, lead by a Grand Titan.

We called it a game at this point. The attacker was unable to capture the data from the building. Neither side sustained serious losses. Almost all of the vehicles became immobilized at one point or another in the game. But many would not die.

Sorry for the blurry pics (camera phone).
« Last Edit: 07 October 2011, 09:43:50 by Sagittaire »
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

Member of: Southern Ontario Battletech Society Facebook Group

sherlox

• Sergeant
  • "You rebel scum...wait, wrong universe"
Re: Data Extraction
« Reply #1 on: 07 October 2011, 23:27:51 »
Is that defending lance an Axman, Hatchetman, Nightsky and Berserker?  Because that makes me incredibly happy, I love axe-wielders!

Nice batrep, looks like a huge slugfest.  I would be curious to know how in would have turned out in a full battle...  I'm not used to seeing vehicles hold up a reinforced company so effectively, so, kudos to the defender

Highlander00

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 08 October 2011, 09:27:32 »
and they were 4/5 tanks....lol they should have been 3/4 ;D there were great at taking damage, a couple lost movement but still had turrets.

kharnifex

• Sergeant
  • Unseen Mazinga
« Reply #3 on: 08 October 2011, 16:34:11 »
always good to see people using tanks! thanks for the battrep
"I think it was two ninjas taped together to make one giant ninja!"

The First Proserpina Hussars were eager to fight the Smoke Jaguars, but the commanders assigned them to attack worlds held by Clan Nova Cat instead. They faced a hard fight on Kanowit, but took Mualang by winning a round of miniature golf. This obviously minimized further losses.