Author Topic: Alpha Strike. Aerospace fighters first showing  (Read 2456 times)

clansittingducks

• Warrant Officer
  • When in doubt throw more metal at it
Alpha Strike. Aerospace fighters first showing
« on: 14 December 2013, 03:20:24 »
So Klat and I, after a few months of hectic work hours, illness and general bad luck finally got a game of Alpha strike in. This time around we decided to throw some Aerospace fighters into the fray. Game went well. And now for the AAR

Klat fielded a companys worth of mechs. No aerospace support as the points were close to each of our forces. If he had added his fighters into his force it would jumped him over by 22 points, and I doubt he would have wanted any more of my mechs with a lower piloting skill level than I already had.

So at first I wanted a dropship to swing into the battle, however after looking at the MUL, we could not find stats for any aerodyne dropships. Quite the sad panda on my part, I decided that my Dropship would function as my deployment marker. I had my standard command lance and fire support elements. However I opted for a full lance of Thunderbolts, lead by a NAIS version. Very fast and hard hitting dudes. Also, my resin casted fighters were proxying for Dragonfly fighters.

The first few turns were ranging shots, however while my dice were channeling Hell-B the entire game (till the last two turns) Klat was on fire and scored some amazing shots against my Atlas. After turn three I lost all the armor on the Atlas and opted to park him in a forrest while on full evade. Which helped Klat as it ment the Skill 0 pilot of that ancient machine would not be raining death down upon his forces. However what was slowly becoming the star players of my forces, the two Dragonflys entered from off board on turn three and began to target his rifleman.

The dragons teeth functioned quite well as cover and to channel non jumping mechs around the table. Preventing direct paths to each other. I plan on adding some handles to each one of these traps so a mech with hands could move them around.

Klats forces got some lucky shots on my forces, knocking out the primitive Thunderbolt. More shots were exchanged and his rifleman was brought low by massed fire by my aerospace fighters and the lance of thunderbolts.

Our reasons for aerospace elements were there so we would have a good excuse on how to use them in game. I was having quite a bit of fun, and I decided that our next game should be an aerospace fight in an asteroid field in space. Because, YES!

Klats forces were hemmed in the center of the table, after some strafing shots by my fighters killing his Penny and cutting down his Thunderbolt by my fire support lance we decided lets try the bombing run. At the start of the game, we agreed that the spikey balled fungus were explosive and would deal 2 damage up to 2D6 inches from the edge of the base of that alien fungus. I dropped two bombs from the Dragonfly from a high altitude run. Successfully hitting the plant and it detonated 7 inches out. missing my fighter, but killing my Catapult (such shame, such shame) and hitting most of his forces clustered around it. I plan on making about 6 more of those alien plant things because we need more interesting alien flora.

Last turn, I lost three mechs (one due to friendly-ish fire) and he had 5 of his mechs down. Most of my command lance left the forrest save for the Atlas who decided to stop evading to lob fire at his Defiance. While he gunned down my Whammer. Time was running out and we opted to leave our figures where they were so we could continue tomorrow if he is able to. Once we finish up tomorrow we will see about getting a game of Mordheim in.
One score and seven years ago, our FASAs brought forth upon this world a new hobby: conceived in giant stompiness, and dedicated to the proposition that all miniatures are created equal (except in scale).
-Worktroll

WarChicken

• Corporal
Re: Alpha Strike. Aerospace fighters first showing
« Reply #1 on: 14 December 2013, 18:18:15 »
Could you post the forces you guys used?

Cheers

clansittingducks

• Warrant Officer
  • When in doubt throw more metal at it
Re: Alpha Strike. Aerospace fighters first showing
« Reply #2 on: 15 December 2013, 00:37:01 »
Could you post the forces you guys used?

Cheers

2 dragonfly's, AS-7D, hunchback, warhammer, marauder R.

Longbow, Catapult, Archer, Trebuchet.

NAIS Thunderbolt, and 3 standard thunderbolts
One score and seven years ago, our FASAs brought forth upon this world a new hobby: conceived in giant stompiness, and dedicated to the proposition that all miniatures are created equal (except in scale).
-Worktroll

Register