Author Topic: Modules / Adventures  (Read 2622 times)

Panthros

• Sergeant
Modules / Adventures
« on: 16 June 2022, 01:48:20 »
Are there any modules and/or adventures for Mechwarrior Destiny? My friends and I have played through the classic Mechwarrior RPG adventures and are looking for something new.  I know we could create something but but I wanted to check first.  Thanks in advance.

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
Re: Modules / Adventures
« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2022, 06:20:13 »
The Shrapnel magazines have been getting some RPG scenarios every so often.
So there's at least on consistent place to keep a look out.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #2 on: 16 June 2022, 10:48:50 »
Oddly enough, there are one-page Traveller adventures by a guy named Michael Brown that with a little bit of elbow-grease can be adapted into MW:D scenarios.

Panthros

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2022, 23:32:54 »
The Shrapnel magazines have been getting some RPG scenarios every so often.
So there's at least on consistent place to keep a look out.

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Shrapnel_(magazine)

I see at least two.  I have been behind on Shrapnel, it l looks like I have some magazines to purchase.  Thanks again!

ckosacranoid

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 19 June 2022, 16:48:55 »
If not, look at other game systems to steal stuff from and run though. Twilight 2000 could give tons of stuff from old 1st ed stuff. Maybe Shadowrun stuff for non-mech-based or even change a couple of things and you can add some big fight with mechs.

Dahmin_Toran

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 19 June 2022, 16:56:44 »
I have used the great worldbuilding tools from Stars Without Number to create Mechwarrior adventures. They have everything from military battles (Starvation Cheap), merchants/traders (Suns of Gold), to espionage (Darkness Visible). You can easily reskin them for Mechwarrior scenarios.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #6 on: 19 June 2022, 17:04:40 »
a lot of modern era RPG scenarios would probably work as a foundation as well since a lot of the BTU exists in a flux of technological states between uptech frontier to near future. replacing or adding certain universe elements could be done without a ton of disruption

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Register