Author Topic: Far Cry 5: Share the Insanity  (Read 31787 times)

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
Re: Far Cry 5: Share the Insanity
« Reply #270 on: 26 April 2018, 15:34:30 »
I found the use for silver: pseudo New Game Plus mode. See, starting a new game wipes out everything except: Prestige Items purchased with silver (not in-game dollars); Community Event unlocks; and Club Ubisoft achievements and "gold" purchases from there. This does explain why Hope County is the only bastion of preppers to think silver will be more valuable than gold come the collapse...
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #271 on: 26 April 2018, 15:40:58 »
...oh, and speaking of the Uplay rewards, if you do decide to bother with them - and I wouldn't - I highly recommend against the "Far Cry 5 Soundtrack" they offer. You'd think that it would be a selection of tracks from the excellent OST or the three (!) supporting albums, or maybe some of the licensed music.

It's not.

It's three - THREE - background music tracks. In .wav format. Absolutely unbelievable. I only spent 10 fake gold points (from cheevos) on it, and I still feel ripped off. It really is fascinating watching the marketing wonks absolutely mishandle this property.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #272 on: 02 May 2018, 19:24:49 »
If you have not done this week's Live Event, you need to.  It's short and easy, just kill ten wolves with bows: huck out some bait in wolf areas and you'll complete this in no time.

The reward is an all-new weapon.  The Shovel Launcher.  It's a rocket launcher that fires shovels with enough force that enemies are knocked back like they were hit by a truck.  Enjoy.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #273 on: 02 May 2018, 19:35:52 »
If you have not done this week's Live Event, you need to.  It's short and easy, just kill ten wolves with bows: huck out some bait in wolf areas and you'll complete this in no time.

The reward is an all-new weapon.  The Shovel Launcher.  It's a rocket launcher that fires shovels with enough force that enemies are knocked back like they were hit by a truck.  Enjoy.

My Tuesday game with GhostBear saw him earn this (as a participant in his game, my wolf kills didn't count for me :( ), and it was just hilarious. He's out of cultists to hunt with it (boooooo), but wildlife was fair game. Turns out pronghorns CAN be made to be rocket-assisted if one applies a shovel properly.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #274 on: 02 May 2018, 19:50:36 »
Yeah, I've shot a couple cultists with it and was unable to find the bodies afterword.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #275 on: 02 May 2018, 20:00:59 »
Ehhh...I mean, I could, but Binding of Isaac just got its final update, and I'd really like to unlock the new character and see if I can't finally finish up 1,000,000% completion. Ultimately, while I quite enjoyed my first playthrough of FC5, there's really nothing that's compelling me to return. I think my time in Hope County, MT has come to a close.

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #276 on: 06 May 2018, 11:29:24 »
Not my video, but a great piece of Far Cry insanity IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBvr6wX7IX4
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #277 on: 11 May 2018, 14:38:39 »
Far Cry 4 - are the DLC worth getting if I only play solo?

It's on sale and pondering the regular or gold edition.

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #278 on: 11 May 2018, 16:08:04 »
Far Cry 4 - are the DLC worth getting if I only play solo?

It's on sale and pondering the regular or gold edition.

No idea yet- they aren't out. I don't think we even have a release date.

Their past DLCs have been hit and miss, honestly, but I THINK the Gold edition comes with the remastered version of Far Cry 3 when it comes out at the end of May- and that's definitely worth having.

(FC4's DLCs were up and down- the Valley of the Yetis was just gloriously fun, but the others were expanded versions of things you did in the game already (escape from Pagan's mountain prison, etc.)

All in all, I'd say check and see if the Gold includes FC3 (I'm not a credible source!), and if it does, grab it. If not, might be better to get the regular version and see what the reviews for the DLCs are like later.

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #279 on: 11 May 2018, 16:09:35 »
Not my video, but a great piece of Far Cry insanity IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBvr6wX7IX4

Well that's definitely a unique way to clear a mission...

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #280 on: 11 May 2018, 16:53:06 »
No idea yet- they aren't out. I don't think we even have a release date.

Their past DLCs have been hit and miss, honestly, but I THINK the Gold edition comes with the remastered version of Far Cry 3 when it comes out at the end of May- and that's definitely worth having.

(FC4's DLCs were up and down- the Valley of the Yetis was just gloriously fun, but the others were expanded versions of things you did in the game already (escape from Pagan's mountain prison, etc.)

All in all, I'd say check and see if the Gold includes FC3 (I'm not a credible source!), and if it does, grab it. If not, might be better to get the regular version and see what the reviews for the DLCs are like later.

Oystein was actually asking about Far Cry 4's DLCs, not Far Cry 5.  But yes, if you get the Season Pass for Far Cry 5, you also get the remastered version of Far Cry 3, which is set to release in another week or two.  Also, they just announced this week that they're adding new DLC guns, outfits, and vehicles  as exclusive perks for the Season Pass.  So at this point it won't be too much longer until anyone who's done a few Weekly Challenges and has a Season Pass will have no need to unlock normal weapons in the game at all.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #281 on: 21 May 2018, 10:25:15 »
While I stopped playing this game weeks ago, I've been keeping up with the Weekly Challenges.

Ubisoft seems to be ramping up the difficulty.  This week's was get 6 kills at 160+ meters, something that's danged hard to do because A) there aren't a lot of places where there will be Peggies you'll be able to get LOS to at that range and B) the game's utter lack of a rangefinder so you don't actually know whether you're at 161 meters or 158.  Seems that they were giving out stuff too easily in the first few weekly challenges and decided that they needed to ramp up the difficulty.

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #282 on: 21 May 2018, 10:33:17 »
A bigger problem is that at this point, finding cultists at all is pretty hard to do. Hitting at those ranges is doable (rocket + truck = hilarity), but with all three areas cleared, game ended, etc., there's no one left to fight! (Wish that could get patched, I miss this game's better days)

+Crow T. Robot+

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #283 on: 21 May 2018, 12:00:41 »
You can reset the outposts by selecting "outpost master" from the pause menu. But it's not a great solution. This is one title that really needed a New Game Plus mode.

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #284 on: 21 May 2018, 12:09:33 »
You can reset the outposts by selecting "outpost master" from the pause menu. But it's not a great solution. This is one title that really needed a New Game Plus mode.
Yeah, I've played around with the outpost master, but it's just not the same. Bummer of a decision by Ubisoft.

+Crow T. Robot+

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #285 on: 22 May 2018, 13:27:47 »
And this week we're back to an easy challenge: just have your Guns for Hire kill 10 cultists.  When I say "Nick Rye & Sons" for the reward, I thought we'd be getting a custom version of Nick's plane.  Unfortunately it's just an SMG, which as we've already established is the weakest and most useless class of weapon in the game.

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #286 on: 22 May 2018, 14:25:22 »
Yeah, I was excited for that Vector a couple of weeks ago, because the real version is a really nice SMG (and even in other games- it was a staple for me in the Modern Warfare games!). Here? Meh. Then again, all SMGs and assault rifles seem to be pretty outclassed by the LMGs, which reload far faster than they really would and have no weight penalties or any of that. So why use anything that isn't an LMG, really?

+Crow T. Robot+

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #287 on: 22 May 2018, 14:58:34 »
The AKs are basically the only rifle class guns that I feel can compete with the LMGs- they don't have the ammo capacity but they're more accurate and hit nearly as hard.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #288 on: 29 May 2018, 19:34:14 »
And this week's challenge is: loot 10 teeth from cultists you've killed via melee.  For a tooth-studded baseball bat.

No thanks.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #289 on: 29 May 2018, 20:33:06 »
That sounds both boring and gross. I might've done it if I didn't have a guest over this week - and if it was a cool reward and challenge then she could just deal with my playing for a bit - but nah. Melee weapons are easy to find, and I usually only use them in takedowns.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #290 on: 30 May 2018, 12:10:29 »
It is indeed disgusting.

In better Far Cry news, for those people who bought the season pass, Far Cry 3 is now out on PS4 and XBox One.

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #291 on: 30 May 2018, 12:34:05 »
It is indeed disgusting.

In better Far Cry news, for those people who bought the season pass, Far Cry 3 is now out on PS4 and XBox One.

Downloaded it last night, looking forward to it this weekend. (Sooner if tonight's hockey game gets out of hand early).

I realized that while I was meticulous about finishing everything in both 5 and in 4 (every single treasure marked on that map. All of them. Proud of that one.), I don't know that I ever actually finished 3. I know I got to the second island, but I can't think of much that happened. Looking forward to diving back in.

+Crow T. Robot+

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #292 on: 05 June 2018, 17:57:14 »
Well, this week's challenge managed to be simple yet frustrating at the same time.  You need to kill six cultists or predators with explosions, but only exploding vehicles and barrels count.  You can't use your normal arsenal of explosive munitions.

I found the easiest method was to use Sabotage on a vehicle, then just find and ram a group of Peggies.  With luck, you could complete the challenge in one go.  The reward this week is a helicopter gunship with Vote for Drubman decorations.

Side note, but it seems that the Areal Force DLC helicopter has been removed from the game.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #293 on: 05 June 2018, 18:54:32 »
Why no love for the First DLC? It IS out now is it not (currently downloading on my PS4)

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/969248/Far-Cry-5-Hours-of-Darkness-DLC-Release-date-unlock-time-season-pass-Vietnam
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #294 on: 05 June 2018, 19:21:33 »
Downloading it now myself. I didn't know it was out.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #295 on: 05 June 2018, 19:51:32 »
I checked earlier today and it wasn't listed.

Airstrikes are fun.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #296 on: 05 June 2018, 22:05:53 »
I'm about 1/3 of the way through. It's...okay, I guess.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #297 on: 06 June 2018, 00:21:12 »
The apparent lack of any of the hammy, over-the-top personalities the series is known for is a definite weakness.

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #298 on: 06 June 2018, 07:44:00 »
Damn, forgot to download it last night. I'll grab it tonight when I get home.

+Crow T. Robot+

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #299 on: 06 June 2018, 08:03:25 »
The apparent lack of any of the hammy, over-the-top personalities the series is known for is a definite weakness.

That I can give or take. I mean that the gameplay itself is kind of boring.

Register