Author Topic: IWM Archive Question.  (Read 2278 times)

Aegis

• Corporal
IWM Archive Question.
« on: 09 September 2011, 07:08:38 »
I'm home sick today, so forgive me if this is a dumb question.  My head's a little fuzzy.

If I order something out of the archive section on the IWM site, do they have to actually cast the mini again?  I mean, I'm sure the molds still exist, but I'm assuming they have to set up the mold and pour the metal to create a "fresh" mini?

I'm not even sure why I'm asking this question really, probably the meds.  I was just surfing the site for minis I don't have, and was looking at a Rakshasa.  I noted the setup fee, and it stoked my curiosity.

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
Re: IWM Archive Question.
« Reply #1 on: 09 September 2011, 08:43:20 »
yes they do actually have to cast the miniature again, but from what I understand (apologies if I am wrong) they do that for most online orders anyway.  what makes the archive different is that those minis are locked away in an off site storage locker, so IWM staff has to drive to it, grab it, and drive back.
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

Aegis

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 09 September 2011, 09:25:52 »
Thanks.

That makes sense.  I'll probably be making some orders in the near future, and several of the sculpts I want are archived.

billclo

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 09 September 2011, 11:11:49 »
I figured that they had to break out the molds and make more minis. I can't imagine them wanting to tie up money in stock sitting around if they can help it.

Register