Author Topic: Clan Blood Spirit Enclave: Heroes of Our Time  (Read 189031 times)

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
Re: Clan Blood Spirit Enclave: Passing Through The Flames
« Reply #30 on: 20 February 2013, 22:28:22 »
I suppose that he plays old rock and roll, too!!! :D

(Kidding, of course.  Actually, I will concur that he was a very interesting character.  And for those that don't catch the joke, I suspect that "Wolfman" Johns may or may not have been a reference to the DJ "Wolfman Jack" Smith.  It could happen.)
"Son, if dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?"~Al Bundy
Five rounds, rapid!

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #31 on: 20 February 2013, 22:56:48 »
Its entirely possibel the WiE made use of his genetics in there sibkos, if so that might be all that's left of the Spirits in the Inner Sphere.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #32 on: 20 February 2013, 23:24:37 »
Have Mercy!   :))      Inspiration takes many forms, but we'll likely never be told if that was the case.  :)
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #33 on: 21 February 2013, 09:05:35 »
So he was a wolf, not a Spirit.
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #34 on: 21 February 2013, 11:26:28 »
You can call a Spirit a Wolf, but a Blood Spirit is still always a Blood Spirit inside. Then again Blood Spirits made horrible Bondsman so maybe he was defective?

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #35 on: 21 February 2013, 17:28:47 »
He was certainly a rare figure in Clan history.  Exceptions to hard-and-fast rules are often the most interesting parts of a story. 

edit
I guess one could say he was always a Wolf in Spirit.  :))
« Last Edit: 21 February 2013, 17:37:18 by rebs »

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #36 on: 21 February 2013, 22:48:53 »
OK, Today I picked up my mail and inside there was my new project, the Overlord IIc. And we all know which Clan its going to be painted up in right? So what I need is some info, like just what did the Clans actually paint there mechs up like? attached Unit colors, in the same scheme as there warships? Plain battleship grey with just a great honking clan insignia on the side? And what do you guys think would make a good Clan Blood Spirit dropship name? Stop me before I settle on naming it the Spruce Goose or the Howard Hughes.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #37 on: 22 February 2013, 00:06:39 »
Given that the Spirits were formed as the espirit de corps clan... anything that fits that mould would be good.  Honourbound, Fateful Unity or somesuch.

Plain grey with the Clan symbol works for me paint-wise.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #38 on: 22 February 2013, 01:59:50 »
Stormlion, I would expect that Dropships would be the same as their naval scheme: bare metal with the clan crest, and the name
painted in red.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #39 on: 22 February 2013, 10:13:59 »
Bare Metal is the way I'm leaning right now though I may have to have a large Blood Spirit Decal made up. I'm a good painter but not that good. Honestly though I have a feeling this may look a little plain painted all up in a bare metal scheme.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #40 on: 22 February 2013, 10:17:31 »
Maybe try giving it a weathered look?  Or burns from a dicey re-entry?  Rust patches?
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #41 on: 22 February 2013, 10:58:08 »
Maybe try giving it a weathered look?  Or burns from a dicey re-entry?  Rust patches?

Weathering will be what I will be going for. Rust Patches on a Clan ship? Techs would get beaten for letting rust show up on a military dropship. So far the plan is to paint panels in Blood Guard Keshik Colors, particulary the panels for the legs and have panels painted in silver scattered around the hull. After dullcoating the silver will just look like brighter patches all over. Still looking for a good name though. This is going to be a long term project I think. Last Overlord I painted took three weeks of work and that was painted simple grey with a few details.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #42 on: 22 February 2013, 11:21:56 »
DropShip names:
- Unity of Purpose
- Blood of Heroes
- Winds of Destiny
- Red Sunset
- Razor's Edge
- Crimson Veil

... I'll ponder some more.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #43 on: 22 February 2013, 12:52:21 »
Serenity
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #44 on: 22 February 2013, 19:34:27 »
Blood Guard

Temple ("We're We are headed back to the Temple, report in 5 mikes")

... or Honor's Temple, Honor's Stand ... lots of stereotypical honor, blood style names to mix and match
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #45 on: 22 February 2013, 21:50:37 »
So to get back on track on page 1, WHY does everyone like the Spirits so much?

Randall's short series about theMechwarrior and the Protomech pilot introduced me to the Clan. Prior to that all a clansmen was to me was a target.

I came to like them when I discovered they actually doctrinally practiced combined arms.

After I painted up a few Omicron Provisional Galaxy mechs I got some compliments on the paint scheme. I liked it too, so I kept painting more. Their regimental ability is also decent.
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #46 on: 22 February 2013, 21:56:10 »
He survived and went with Phelan Kell.  And I believe so did Craig Ward, the uber-Warden, I think.  Johns is actually a pretty cool minor minor character, considering he was born to the most isolationist Clan and who were known for their Crusader fervor, then he became a Wolf, and either already was a Warden or became one and during the invasion split with the Exiles.  That's a pretty good arc, many a major character would envy that track I would think.

It was in the old Falcon and Wolf book.

Would be great to read a story about him.

Now the writers will nuke him too.  :(
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #47 on: 22 February 2013, 22:39:25 »
Serenity

The show never really did anything for me. Which is funny because I love westerns and scifi. Appareantly I don't like SciFi Westerns though.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #48 on: 22 February 2013, 22:57:22 »
Now the writers will nuke him too.  :(
May I never be the magic divining rod used to decide who gets nuked.  That would suck.   :'(

Reading through Falcon and Wolf, he appears on the roster for the battle of Sudeten, but not after (his whole trinary disappears from the rolls of the 16th Battle Cluster under Star Colonel Craig Ward).

He (likely) died defending an Inner Sphere freeborn Warden who was allowed to hijack one-third of a Clan by the ilKhan himself.  Bet his Bloodhouse never saw that coming when they decided his sibko was a go.
« Last Edit: 22 February 2013, 22:59:48 by rebs »

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #49 on: 23 February 2013, 01:37:13 »
Well if you look at it from a certain point of view, he would have been a Crusader so there is a good chance he survived and entered into the Jade Wolves and soon after the reborn Wolves but was reassaigned to leading a Sibko or ended up in some Jumpship post that would have taken him out of action. If he had joined the Warden Wolves its entirely possible the same thing could have happened. Taken out of the cockpit and put to some other warrior duty.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #50 on: 23 February 2013, 01:56:41 »
He could have still been a Crusader, but at Sudeten, he was part of Phelan's force.  It says that the wounded from Natasha and Ulric's battle groups were sent with Phelan, but nothing about troops going back to be with the main show.  Sumner Johns and Trinary Echo disappear from the rosters after that, for all the scenarios, and are not there at the final rosters in the back of either Wolf franchise. 

But that does not mean it had to have happened as cut and dry as that.  Agreed.  Possibility is good, it's the true comfort food of the imagination. 

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #51 on: 23 February 2013, 08:20:08 »
Stormlion, since you like the puns:
Blood Drop or Blood Drive

To the patient go the spoils

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #52 on: 23 February 2013, 19:08:59 »
Actually I am beginning to favor not naming it and just a huge hocking number on the side. A big "9", Yep, Dropship Number 9....

OK, no way in a million years.

I was reading a book about Vikings recently and Blood Eagle may be the way to go. Naming a dropship after a method of execution my be interesting. Still not 100% on that name though. Plenty of time to decide, I am still working on the Dropships landing struts right now and next week I go on VK so no work will get done then.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #53 on: 02 March 2013, 04:55:45 »
Well finished the landing struts literally hours before my flight leaves. I decided to paint them in gunmetal with the cables a dark grey that way there not the same color as the mostly metal hull. A decal was made and is ready of the Blood Spirit Logo that is almost perfect. Here is hoping when the time comes I can but it on straight, I never have much luck with decals. When I get home I plan to start painting the Hull of the Overlord IIc with a mix of steel paint with spots of silver and tin to break up the all steel hull. Still thinking of names to use though, Blood Eagle is in the lead, a buddy of mine suggested Blood Knight and Caliburn.

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #54 on: 02 March 2013, 08:39:52 »
Please post a pic when you can!  :)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #55 on: 02 March 2013, 10:47:34 »
When its finished I plan to post a good picture, right now the only thing I could show you is some. Gunmetal landing struts!

Lazarus Jaguar

• Captain
  • Stop! Hammer Time!
« Reply #56 on: 02 March 2013, 16:10:22 »
Stormlion, since you like the puns:
Blood Drop or Blood Drive

What about the Blood Line and the Blood Bank?
You know, I love that every day in Japan is like a very peaceful game of RIFTs. - MadCapellan

around here, April Fools day is Serious! Business!

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #57 on: 02 March 2013, 17:54:11 »
Or...   how about Phlebotomy Bay?   :D

Blood Eagle is tops, though.  Very fitting name for a Blood Spirit combat dropship.
« Last Edit: 02 March 2013, 17:56:42 by rebs »

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #58 on: 02 March 2013, 20:32:27 »
In a similar vein, what about Bloodknife?
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
« Reply #59 on: 02 March 2013, 22:57:00 »
In a similar vein, what about Bloodknife?

Am I the only one that finds humor in that?

(Sorry for the intrusion, btw, while I'm normally not a Blood Spirit fan, there was a brief moment some years back when I almost wanted them for a third faction, not counting one of the previous board incarnations when I momentarily became one due to a lost match to Swords of Fire.  I normally stay out of the threads, but I may follow this one, depending.)
"Son, if dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?"~Al Bundy
Five rounds, rapid!

Register