Author Topic: The Diamond Shark tank and Sea Fox preserve: Cause somebody has to start it...  (Read 243672 times)

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Just as long as we don't have what happened in that one episode of Star Trek Voyager where Neelix's cheese somehow broke the ship.  We will produce our cheese planetside, thank ye very much!

Imagine the Smoked Gouda Aimag.  Basically, a high-quality cheese cartel.  I could see it, in the Davion outback or quaint little war-torn Lyran worlds.   
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
Imagine the Smoked Gouda Aimag.  Basically, a high-quality cheese cartel.  I could see it, in the Davion outback or quaint little war-torn Lyran worlds.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a Sea Fox Ristar in the building.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I cant believe how hilarious the sea fox thread gets over food. But we should probably take that discussion to our clan protectorate thread in the warrior hall. We need you there jklantern!
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
I cant believe how hilarious the sea fox thread gets over food. But we should probably take that discussion to our clan protectorate thread in the warrior hall. We need you there jklantern!

Maybe it's the headache, but I can't find the damn thing!

(Also, when am I NOT in character?)
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I just knocked it to the top. :)

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
I just knocked it to the top. :)

Amazingly, this trick works at my job, too.  Start talking about food and then SUDDENLY JANTERN!

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
See I would have figured a mirror, triple repetition of your name, and bacon wrapped bacon was required.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
See I would have figured a mirror, triple repetition of your name, and bacon wrapped bacon was required.

The triple repetition of my name has unintentionally worked at least once.  That was one of the weirder times I've ever walked into a friend's apartment.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Been playing with Megamek today and our RAT's. (which don't matter)

Oddly the Dasher II 2 doesn't show up in our rat at all (or the regular dasher for that matter. Which makes sense if they were only built for export I guess. But the Koshi, which was supposed to be only built to sell to the Inner Sphere is the most common design in our light RAT. Though, hopefully the Tiburon will replace it entirely soon. Looking forward to the Field Manual Rats.)'

Maybe it makes sense. We only really produce three lights.

The Fluff on the Dasher II for variants is really funny, glad I found it today. Though the XXL variants of the Rifleman and the Warhammer that it teases haven't materialized. I wonder if that will be in the print TRO. If it has a 'old is the new new' section.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Been spending a lot of time with the RATs lately. We haven't been making the Grendel in a good 70 years and we're still littered with the things...

(though the same can probably be said for the Hunchback IIC and other clans.)
« Last Edit: 19 August 2013, 13:05:33 by Kitsune413 »

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I wasn't aware that Trellshire heavy industries took a hit in the bloody tricentennial. Or that Itabaiana got hit either.

Curious to see what we're manufacturing in 3145. Can't wait for this field Manual.

Dreyf

• Sergeant
The rebuilt Industriplex-C on Itabiana is supposed to be comparable to Talon when it was still around.

wolfgar

• Captain
  • Wolfson's Heavy Raiders: 3058-3092
question: who holds traiding rights in the following area.

Galactically south of the Rim Worlds Republic/commonality and Anti-spinward of the Free Worlds League

small system, lots of construction capability, little Germanium so its mostly concentrated on dropships not jumpships, but also has plenty of weapons and people willing to use them if others decide raiding is perferable to trading
Wolf wins every fight but one, and in that one he dies, his fangs locked on the throat of his opponent.

Dreyf

• Sergeant

Galactically south of the Rim Worlds Republic/commonality and Anti-spinward of the Free Worlds League

small system, lots of construction capability, little Germanium so its mostly concentrated on dropships not jumpships, but also has plenty of weapons and people willing to use them if others decide raiding is perferable to trading

Probably Spina Khanate.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel

I'm not sure if you meant to coin a term, but I think 'traiding' describes rather well what the Sea Foxes do.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel

New St. Andrews has any germanium?
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Dreyf

• Sergeant
Been spending a lot of time with the RATs lately. We haven't been making the Grendel in a good 70 years and we're still littered with the things...
(though the same can probably be said for the Hunchback IIC and other clans.)

We don't know when/if the Foxes halted production of the Grendel.  It could easily be one of the Omnis built at Industriplex-C during the Jihad or when it was rebuilt after the Bloody Tricentennial.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
We don't know when/if the Foxes halted production of the Grendel.  It could easily be one of the Omnis built at Industriplex-C during the Jihad or when it was rebuilt after the Bloody Tricentennial.

We damn well better be building it.  I like that thing.  Not as much as the Piranha mind you, but I like it all the same!

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Not in "objectives" we arent manufacturing it pre bloody tricential

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major

Hang on, lemme go yell at our minions in the Isles.  We WILL be producing them, or else there shall not be pizza.   >:D

Dreyf

• Sergeant

There was an Ask the Writers about Shark omni production after Objectives came out and they did not produce any.  The response was that they had been building unknown omnis at Industriplex-C but had stopped for whatever reason prior to the date of Objectives, but omni production had restarted at the rebuilt facility.  So we don't know what omnis were being produced prior to Objectives or after being rebuilt.  My guess would be that Grendels were built at least during the period prior to Objectives and a decent chance at afterwards as well.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Yeah its hard to say. On the one hand, Clan Sea Fox hasn't been fighting anyone at all. Their only attrition comes from the sector close to the Clan Invasion corridors and whenever one Aimag gets near another one. But the ritual fighting stops as soon as someone loses a limb.

On the other hand, That's a lot of Grendel's!

I hope they publish the Sea Fox ritual battles rules. It would be a fun supplement and a really fun grinder style event

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
I bet the ilClan will have lots of extra goodies, like Wars of Reaving contained towards the back.  Stands to reason that the Clans might have new 'Mechs by then.  And maybe a few that we're producing or could produce.

Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Our tradition as the Clan that names people silly names continues! In the Spirit of Angus Labov, Petr Kalasa's chosen successor Fergus Sennet has taken over the Ovkhanship of Delta Aimag.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
Got a real Irish Gaelic vibe going on there.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
We've got Antoinette too.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Our Enclave on Shimonita sounds really lovely. Also. Minerals.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
Where are you getting this stuff, btw?
Sunrise is Coming.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Er 3145. For the names anyways. The full moon enclave is in antoinettes bio. But to learn about it you have to flip to "republic worlds" which is a free pdf on the downloads page.

A really fun thing ive been doing lately is punching a faction name into find on adobe acrobat and running through those pdf's. Mostly Spirit Cat and Sea Fox