Author Topic: The Diamond Shark tank and Sea Fox preserve: Cause somebody has to start it...  (Read 243670 times)

Nav_Alpha

• Major
But do you think many would stay in service to the Republic as it crumbled, etc or would most jump ship back to the clan?

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
But do you think many would stay in service to the Republic as it crumbled, etc or would most jump ship back to the clan?

Antoinette was part of the Full Moon enclave's militia which is technically how she was serving with the Republic military. Apparently Tiburon has a close working relationship with the Republic...

But a Sea Fox is a Sea Fox.

At the same time, depending on the story that you want to tell a Sea Fox can get into all manner of trouble in the Republic while fighting off bandit factions preying on it after the blackout... or even because of its own Senate.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Manchu

• Master Sergeant
  • MALVINA FOREVER
Just stopping by to say your Sigma Galaxy has a beautiful paint job.

What kind of battles have they been involved in? (As in fighting, not financing.)

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Just stopping by to say your Sigma Galaxy has a beautiful paint job.

What kind of battles have they been involved in? (As in fighting, not financing.)

Sigma galaxy is actually a garrison cluster back in the homeworlds. So any sort of trials being waged can involve them. Prior to the great refusal they probably scrap with the Smoke Jaguars the most often since the Jaguars took exception to the way that Clan Diamond Shark treats its lower castes. But any clan can be a good fight.

We actually lose track of Sigma Galaxy after Field Manual updates. But that book has then scrapping with Ice Hellions.

They show up again in Field Manual 3085... and by show up I mean, "They are rumored to exist" which means that they survive the homeworlds fight. Sigma is bigger then,

At that point Rho Spina and Zeta galaxies are gone. Presumably destroyed in the fighting against the Steel Vipers.

If you would like to play Sigma galaxy then one of the best opportunities is the Wars of Reaving.

The Vipers hit Strato-Domingo, Paxon and Babylon in force but the defending forces weren't listed.

Sigma should be there somewhere and after some intial setbacks the Sharks manage to push the Vipers back and pay in blood. Until they unleash their Leviathan Prime which savaged one of our naval stars.

But at least we made them tip their hand and we did it in true shark faction. Pushing Zell to its breaking point and being magnificent bastards.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
As a side note, after that point and the turn of the century we reorganized all of our units into Aimag's.

So at that point Sigma possibly doesn't exist. On the other hand, No one can break through the Chainelanes defenses, they can't really get into our enclaves and they don't know whats on our ships.

So Sigma may still be a second line garrison cluster out there somewhere. Or its forces may have been broken up and spread out among different Aimags.

Manchu

• Master Sergeant
  • MALVINA FOREVER
Aimags, sigh. Well, I hope they preserved across the reorganization.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Hey Manchu.  Falcons are always welcome, as long as they keep calm and buy more harjel  O0

Aimags seem to correlate to Clusters, so the organization is not that different.  Sigma would possibly be a Khanate's predecessor, though which one is the question. 
« Last Edit: 27 March 2014, 17:47:04 by rebs »
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Aimag is mongolion for community... seems we really are space faring warrior merchant gypsies these days.

All aimags are composed of first line formations. Our old second line formations may still be out there in the chainelanes or garrisoning tukayyid, itabainna or twycross.

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
Soooooooo anyone popped over to Camospecs recently? (Oh look, there's a handy button toward the top of the page.)  8)

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Awwww yeaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
Those are some sick paint schemes!!

EDIT: Thanks, CSO team, for the awesome paintjobs and for canonizing some new schemes for us foxes! I know what I'm gonna be painting up next...
« Last Edit: 28 March 2014, 15:49:49 by GreekFire »
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Awesome job psycho and savage coyote!

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
We/I have the other Khanatae's fleshed out but not painted.  If I can find sometime between projects and stuff I want to get at least one of each done :)

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
We/I have the other Khanatae's fleshed out but not painted.  If I can find sometime between projects and stuff I want to get at least one of each done :)

Woah, seriously?!  [drool]
Can't wait to see them!
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
So in the Tiburon write up in TRO 3145: Mercenaries Epsilon Aimag drops Two Clusters on a pirate base.

It does not say if another Aimag was helping them. It does mention what Khanate they're from.

Looks like Clan Sea Fox hasn't lost their edge at keeping their numbers secret.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
Or it's an error by the writer of that entry.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Or it's an error by the writer of that entry.

I meant to write that too.  ;D

Sharpnel

• Colonel
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Alan Grant

• Captain
Wow.....amazing work there.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Makes me proud to be a Shark Fox  O0  Great work, Camo Specs!!!

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
So the subject has been approached in other topics. But perhaps our own topic is a good place for it.

What are the Sea Fox opinions about Compassion?

I suppose that this question actually hinges upon whether or not there are Shark Foxes besides Rebs and myself. I know that sometimes I see Bergie. Wellspring seems to be well and truly gone, which is a shame.

I am certain that there are many Shark Foxes that are silent. But for the vocal ones what do you think?

Manchu

• Master Sergeant
  • MALVINA FOREVER
I understand you aren't soliciting my opinion here but I don't get a strong sense of compassion from Clan Sea Fox. I see their overall stance as the forward-facing aspect of opportunism.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I understand you aren't soliciting my opinion here but I don't get a strong sense of compassion from Clan Sea Fox. I see their overall stance as the forward-facing aspect of opportunism.

Oh, any opinions are welcome. We are happy to have you here. :)

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
I believe the Shark-Foxes are very good at pretending to be compassionate... but really it's about ingratiating themselves with potential marks/customers.

But that's just my cynical Raven opinion ;)
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Shark-Foxes pretend to care for as long as it takes to make the sale.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Manchu

• Master Sergeant
  • MALVINA FOREVER
I think we are all thinking external relations with our answers so far. But what about regarding internal relations, as for example among the castes or with conquered populations?

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
We coddle our castes, for one thing.  According to the other Clans.  But Sea Foxes never really deal in the term conquered populace.  I think they assimilated what they wanted and are done with that phase of evolution.  The Sea Foxes have always had an eye toward pushing the envelope of what it means to be Clan. 

Unlike other Clans that have suffered for such things, and were Annihilated or Absorbed, the Sea Foxes won their Trials.  That is the explanation handed down in the books for how they can be so different as to be openly derided, yet no Clan could ever really do anything to harm us.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I think we are all thinking external relations with our answers so far. But what about regarding internal relations, as for example among the castes or with conquered populations?

Clan Sea Fox has in the past allowed their castes to vote. In fact, the name change to Diamond Shark was won by the laborer caste. Clan Sea Foxes two original Khans, David Kalasa, a genuinely good person and Karen Nagasawa, an idealist who stressed the idea that the clan was one organism. That each caste was important to the success of the clan.

Also the lower castes have a form of representation, since warriors can step down to be in those castes.

Shark-Foxes pretend to care for as long as it takes to make the sale.

Is this just your feeling on the idea of clan sea fox cooperation? Are there any examples we can discuss?

I believe the Shark-Foxes are very good at pretending to be compassionate... but really it's about ingratiating themselves with potential marks/customers.

But that's just my cynical Raven opinion ;)

Do you think this opinion has to do with your values as a snow raven? Also if you are faking compassion can you truly fake it without becoming it? Could it be a case of fake it until you make it?

Would you be willing to elaborate or discuss examples? If you are not steeped in shark fox lore that is ok to. I would just like to continue the discussion.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I will say this about the subject. While I see Clan Sea Fox as being a compassionate faction, There are no examples I can think of where the Sea Foxes have been charatable.

We are exceptionally willing to help, but that help does always seem to have a price tag.

Manchu

• Master Sergeant
  • MALVINA FOREVER
I think their DA expansion is a good example. They're "here to help" but it's actually what you might call soft conquest.

Register