Author Topic: New MW5 trailer  (Read 6619 times)

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
Re: New MW5 trailer
« Reply #30 on: 05 December 2018, 19:17:19 »
Played MWO since beta. Played every other MW title. I'm not trying to intentionally be a downer. Just honest. Sorry if I disappointed you guys.
Like I said; I do hope co-op is worthwhile. Just... have my reservations at this point.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #31 on: 06 December 2018, 15:13:04 »
Played MWO since beta. Played every other MW title. I'm not trying to intentionally be a downer. Just honest. Sorry if I disappointed you guys.
Like I said; I do hope co-op is worthwhile. Just... have my reservations at this point.

Don’t apologize to anyone for expressing your opinion. Contrary to what you were admonished for, you didn’t just post “this looks stupid”, but gave a lengthy, thought-out critique that was full of specifics. These forums are for discussion, not for groupthink, and certainly not for calling other posters “petulant children” for daring to have a negative opinion about something that was put out specifically FOR people to formulate opinions about.
« Last Edit: 06 December 2018, 15:14:42 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 07 December 2018, 05:41:53 »
Those voice actors are genuinely terrible, rest looks cool though :)

Robroy

• Lieutenant
  • Not named, but not gone. Maybe.
« Reply #33 on: 07 December 2018, 06:56:25 »
The biggest problem I had was the mech computer talking over the person on comms.

Other then that I thought it looked good.

Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #34 on: 07 December 2018, 07:18:41 »
As long is fun and replayable. Im not expecting alot from them. Software company budget for projects get effect by things. There saving money using an existing engine for the game.
Part me expects MWO be upgrade once MW5 comes out.

I still think Living Legends is better MW game overall in comparison.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #35 on: 07 December 2018, 18:45:41 »
Few games use a brand new engine. Most just license whatever is offered on the market or update older engines. It is rare to see a company build a game from scratch these days. Takes longer and costs a lot more over the long haul. Besides, the Unreal engine is still far better than Crytek.

JarheadEd

• Private
« Reply #36 on: 31 December 2018, 16:44:48 »
Environment tech demo.

https://youtu.be/OxMIJarNZDA
JarheadEd: The "Official, all in one, Laser Magnet and Missile Sponge, "

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #37 on: 01 January 2019, 16:37:37 »
Glad i got new computer for xmas. this thing looks like it going be need alot horse power to run.

I still want laugh at King Crab being standard 3025ish mech, even with the retro-con of it extinction, there was suppose to be handful (what like dozen in entire inner sphere?) those things left.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #38 on: 02 January 2019, 13:15:09 »
Glad i got new computer for xmas. this thing looks like it going be need alot horse power to run.

I still want laugh at King Crab being standard 3025ish mech, even with the retro-con of it extinction, there was suppose to be handful (what like dozen in entire inner sphere?) those things left.
I mean, there's only one ever seen in the trailers, IIRC.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #39 on: 02 January 2019, 21:33:06 »
King Crab does appear on the nominal cover for the game shown at MechCon too, so it seems its the new poster 'Mech.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #40 on: 02 January 2019, 21:55:05 »
Just like the abundant Star League 'Mechs in the HBS game. They go for the rule of cool, not really anything to do with canon.

King Crab does appear on the nominal cover for the game shown at MechCon too, so it seems its the new poster 'Mech.
Alex Iglesias did a seriously kick-ass version of it. I'd use it on the cover as well. See also, rule of cool.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #41 on: 02 January 2019, 22:02:26 »
True. I am slightly confused as to why they switched away from the Iconic Atlas, however.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #42 on: 02 January 2019, 23:32:59 »
Atlas is probably overexposed, and the King Crab is the only other 100 tonner available outside of the so-called rare Wolf's Dragoons Marauder II, Annihilator and Imp.  The Devastator is the only other 100 tonner available for 3025, and and that was a retcon with the King Crab.  Arguably, the King Crab is the new assault icon because of MWO. 

True. I am slightly confused as to why they switched away from the Iconic Atlas, however.
« Last Edit: 02 January 2019, 23:36:12 by Luciora »

Apocal

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #43 on: 05 January 2019, 16:41:53 »
Just like the abundant Star League 'Mechs in the HBS game. They go for the rule of cool, not really anything to do with canon.

As I recall, they were limited in their selection to whatever MWO had produced art for, along with a lot of iconic 3025 mechs being off the table for legal reasons. So they filled in with stuff that was rare or slightly out of timeline or what have you.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #44 on: 05 January 2019, 19:27:21 »
There healthy amount of 3025 unseen/classic/reimaged in MWO. technically more 3025 era stuff than CGL can field i think.

Phoenix Hawk
Shadow Hawk
Marauder
Warhammer
Locust
Archer
Thunderbolt

off the top my head.  I think we will have enough i guess since PGI won their fight.

Register