Author Topic: Open Megamek Server?  (Read 2408 times)

Kell

• Corporal
Open Megamek Server?
« on: 02 April 2019, 15:19:42 »
Is there a megamek server that is open to all eras and tech? where people can play whatever they want with friends. If not why not, and how can we make this happen?

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
Re: Open Megamek Server?
« Reply #1 on: 02 April 2019, 15:58:59 »
You can host games in your own MegaMek on your IP address. There's nothing that'll prevent that beyond your own device. :)
There are dedicated hosts that other people list on here from-time-to-time. I know SteveRestless used to, but I haven't seen him in a bit.
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #2 on: 05 April 2019, 05:08:12 »
You can host games in your own MegaMek on your IP address. There's nothing that'll prevent that beyond your own device. :)
There are dedicated hosts that other people list on here from-time-to-time. I know SteveRestless used to, but I haven't seen him in a bit.

His servers and thread are still up, if you need to get ahold  of him for anything there are irc links to the battletech chat room he runs.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
« Reply #3 on: 05 April 2019, 18:17:06 »
His servers and thread are still up, if you need to get ahold  of him for anything there are irc links to the battletech chat room he runs.
Awesome! Nice to see you're still around too, Foxx! I remember a lot of games between us ~12 years ago.
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #4 on: 06 April 2019, 22:15:53 »
Awesome! Nice to see you're still around too, Foxx! I remember a lot of games between us ~12 years ago.

I remember helping you test rules! I'm still around, mainly playing in the mechroverse when I do play or lurking. Need to get a new laptop so I can play more! Started building my mini collection tho so I'm having fun with battletech still.

Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 07 April 2019, 00:34:12 »
I know SteveRestless used to, but I haven't seen him in a bit.

I'm still around. I don't find the forums to be as fun a place as they used to be, so I'm here less. Also my job situation changed a lot and I've got a lot less free time and energy. IRC, like Foxx said, is probably the easiest way to get ahold of me.

I do run my servers still, but I haven't gone past the 0.44.0 Stable yet. Had so many problems with so many of the pre-stable builds that we sat on 41.25 for most of our games until 44.0 came out, so I'm just exhausted thinking about updating.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Xenon54z

• Master Sergeant
  • Code should be like art.
« Reply #6 on: 07 April 2019, 14:34:55 »
Good to see some familiar people coming out of the woodwork. :thumbsup:

Ah, remembering good old times... and explosions. Mostly the explosions! :drool:
Free air guitar! Just pick one up! Hurry Now!
Buy now while entropy is low!