Author Topic: (Answered) LAM wings  (Read 3391 times)

Syzyx

• Warrant Officer
(Answered) LAM wings
« on: 28 January 2011, 22:50:53 »
This question may be in the wrong place but I couldn't quite suss out which forum would be best. Please move this if I have chosen in error.

According to the quick start rules for LAMs, an Air Mech will crash when it loses a wing. Sensible enough. But I can't find any definiton for when the wing is actually destroyed. Is it lost when the side torso armour is destroyed or does the entire torso have to come off?

A second question has to do with heat. Again according to the quick start rules an Air Mech generates 1 heat for every 3 MP expended and then looses heat in addition to its heatsinks because it has wings. But there is no indication of how much heat that should be except for what appears to be an arbitrary declaration of three additional heat in the example.  How is the additional heat loss figured?

Thanks for your time.
« Last Edit: 20 August 2012, 01:24:03 by Xotl »
But as a matter of fact I was quite busy getting potty-trained at the time and had no time for interstellar politics.- ykonoclast

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: LAM wings
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2011, 23:58:21 »
Researching
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

Syzyx

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 29 January 2011, 19:43:48 »
Thank you for your time; I look forward to your answer.
But as a matter of fact I was quite busy getting potty-trained at the time and had no time for interstellar politics.- ykonoclast

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2011, 17:41:14 »
According to the quick start rules for LAMs, an Air Mech will crash when it loses a wing. Sensible enough. But I can't find any definiton for when the wing is actually destroyed. Is it lost when the side torso armour is destroyed or does the entire torso have to come off?

RS3085 p. 13:  “An airborne LAM in AirMech or Fighter Mode that loses a side torso automatically crashes.”  In this context, “loses a side torso” means when the internal structure for that side torso has been destroyed.

A second question has to do with heat. Again according to the quick start rules an Air Mech generates 1 heat for every 3 MP expended and then looses heat in addition to its heatsinks because it has wings. But there is no indication of how much heat that should be except for what appears to be an arbitrary declaration of three additional heat in the example.  How is the additional heat loss figured?

In RS3085 p. 11:  REPLACE: “AirMech Mode: When using AirMech MP, a LAM generates one point of movement heat for every three AirMech MP expended (rounded normally).”

WITH: “AirMech Mode: A LAM in AirMech mode generates heat in the same manner as a ’Mech equipped with a Partial Wing (see TO, p. 380). When using AirMech MPs, a LAM generates one point of movement heat for every three AirMech MPs expended (rounded normally).”

This should answer your question.

“AirMech Mode: A LAM in AirMech mode generates heat in the same manner as a ’Mech equipped with a Partial Wing (see TO, p. XX). When using AirMech MPs, a LAM generates one point of movement heat for every three AirMech MPs expended (rounded normally).”
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

Syzyx

• Warrant Officer
Re: LAM wings (Answered)
« Reply #4 on: 30 January 2011, 19:03:25 »
Thank you for the clarifications. This is tremendously helpful.