Author Topic: New Development Snapshot 0.45.4 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ  (Read 23930 times)

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Hello,

A question for MegaMekLab 0.45.4; is Improved C3 (c3i) available as a piece of Other Equipment for BattleMechs and Combat Vehicles? All the other variations of C3 are in MegaMekLab, but C3i is not. Am I looking in the wrong spot or doing something wrong? Please let me know. Thank you.

C3I also has some pretty restrictive years and tech levels.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Konig-Wolf

• Corporal
  • The Lion of Silesia...ready to roar.
C3I also has some pretty restrictive years and tech levels.

Ah, that explains it...I had the year default set to 3145. I'll have to work around that for my setting then. Thank you for the response.
-Jeff "König-Wolf" James

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
There''s a tab in the configuration dialog (File > Configuration) that gives you some control over how the tech progression affects availability, including ignoring extinction dates.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
I thought there were left over units still had the C3i in them by 3145. Like in some models of the  Locust.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
Extinction refers to manufacturing status. Just because the C3i hadn't been manufactured in several decades doesn't mean there aren't some still floating around.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
I can't find any extinction date for C3i, where are you getting that from?

Additionally does MM support the Campaign Ops Force building rules?

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
I can't find any extinction date for C3i, where are you getting that from?
From the master tech advancement table in Interstellar Operations.
Additionally does MM support the Campaign Ops Force building rules?
A number of people have exprested interest in doing a new unit creation wizard for MekHQ, but nobody has taken time to do it yet.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
A number of people have exprested interest in doing a new unit creation wizard for MekHQ, but nobody has taken time to do it yet.
This wouldn't be MekHQ thing, it would be MegaMek thing, or at least a MegaMek thing first. First step would adding force structure to MegaMek, that is the ability to group a players units into Lances. The next bit is I think already done, or largely so, add in the SPA's. Next is to add the ability to assign the SPA's to the Lance and not the unit, and move them around between units within a Lance from turn to turn. Finally add checking conditions for Lance types.

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
The formation building rules have been implemented to the point of being able to check which formation types a group of units would qualify for and random generation of a given formation type. Grouping units and using the formation SPAs is still on the widsh list.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Is variable range targeting a functional quirk at the moment? And if so, how do you change the range band it's focused on?
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

dgorsman

• Captain
Minor bug: I'm seeing "... bbattle loss compensation..." in the feedback window.

I'm also not seeing a way to reload field gun infantry.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
OK, this bug is fairly major, you can't build a JS or WS with more one docking collar in MML

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
Minor bug: I'm seeing "... bbattle loss compensation..." in the feedback window.

I'm also not seeing a way to reload field gun infantry.

When I tried to use Field Guns they showed up in the Repair tab to be reloaded, but did not disappear or use up ammo when trying to reload them. Though after I was done doing that I saved, closed, and then reloaded MekHQ they would disappear from the Repair tab and be reloaded.
« Last Edit: 01 July 2019, 11:18:16 by Stormforge »
If the enemy is in range most likely so are you.

dgorsman

• Captain
For me, they show up in the repair list, but there's no option of selecting a tech, and the start button remains greyed out.  They stay unloaded regardless of a game reload.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
My bad, I remembered that wrong. I used the GM Mode Complete Task in the Repair Bay to reload them, and they would disappear from the tab on reload of MekHQ.
« Last Edit: 01 July 2019, 15:18:48 by Stormforge »

pixelgeek

• Master Sergeant
    • My blog
There isn't a Mac release and you'll have to use the Unix release. We are having issues with the Gradle packaging scripts and various security settings in MacOS.  We are working on the issue and have no ETA for a fix.

Is this the reason why you can't access the PDF options in the Print dialog?

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
For me, they show up in the repair list, but there's no option of selecting a tech, and the start button remains greyed out.  They stay unloaded regardless of a game reload.

Found the problem. Advance to the next day. It looks as though Field Gunners cannot reload the same day they are deployed.

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
Slight weirdness on infantry damage calculations that I just got today. 

Code: [Select]

Weapons fire for Blake's Fist BLK-FS01 (Blake's Hammer)
    ER Medium Laser at Jump Platoon (SRM) (Capellan Confederation (Local Forces)); needs 7, rolls 10 : hits  (using Right Side table) MEN
        Direct fire weapon against infantry, damage changed from 5 to 1
        Jump Platoon (SRM) (Capellan Confederation (Local Forces)) takes 1 damage to MEN.
            17 men alive

MML 9 (Narc-capable ammo) at Jump Platoon (SRM) (Capellan Confederation (Local Forces)); needs 7, rolls 2 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 7 : no fire..

ER Medium Laser at Jump Platoon (SRM) (Capellan Confederation (Local Forces)); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 10 : no fire..

MML 9 (Narc-capable ammo) at Jump Platoon (SRM) (Capellan Confederation (Local Forces)); needs 7, rolls 7 :  - Glancing Blow - 9 missile(s)  hits  (using Right Side table) MEN
        Missile weapon against infantry, damage changed from 9 to 2
        Jump Platoon (SRM) (Capellan Confederation (Local Forces)) takes 1 damage to MEN.
            16 men alive

Looks like I kill one guy with the laser bringing the platoon down 17 guys.  Then I land 9 lrms on them which it says should do 2 damage.  But the platoon only takes 1 casualty.  Seems like the math is off somewhere.  I don't know if the glancing blow is doing something here or not, but it shouldn't effect missile damage after the cluster roll is made. 

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
Does anyone else think that infantry retirement is a bit weird? If the leader retires the entire squad does, makes it a bit pointless to train them up at all.

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
Slight weirdness on infantry damage calculations that I just got today. 

Code: [Select]

Weapons fire for Blake's Fist BLK-FS01 (Blake's Hammer)
    ER Medium Laser at Jump Platoon (SRM) (Capellan Confederation (Local Forces)); needs 7, rolls 10 : hits  (using Right Side table) MEN
        Direct fire weapon against infantry, damage changed from 5 to 1
            17 men alive

MML 9 (Narc-capable ammo) at Jump Platoon (SRM) (Capellan Confederation (Local Forces)); needs 7, rolls 2 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 7 : no fire..

ER Medium Laser at Jump Platoon (SRM) (Capellan Confederation (Local Forces)); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 10 : no fire..

MML 9 (Narc-capable ammo) at Jump Platoon (SRM) (Capellan Confederation (Local Forces)); needs 7, rolls 7 :  - Glancing Blow - 9 missile(s)  hits  (using Right Side table) MEN
        Missile weapon against infantry, damage changed from 9 to 2
            16 men alive

Looks like I kill one guy with the laser bringing the platoon down 17 guys.  Then I land 9 lrms on them which it says should do 2 damage.  But the platoon only takes 1 casualty.  Seems like the math is off somewhere.  I don't know if the glancing blow is doing something here or not, but it shouldn't effect missile damage after the cluster roll is made.

Glancing Blow doesn´t affect damage per missile, but damage against conventional infantry isn´t resolved on a per-missile basis, so that´s probably why it is halved here. It shouldn´t be, though, the way I understand the rules.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

yukamichi

• Corporal
Does anyone else think that infantry retirement is a bit weird? If the leader retires the entire squad does, makes it a bit pointless to train them up at all.
I don't think the idea that the whole platoon decides to stay or go is all that weird, personally; you hired them as a whole, after all. It's also worth noting that the platoon's retirement rolls should reflect their average skill, not just the leader's (which means the default retirement dialogue's target number usually isn't going to be accurate), and IIRC they also have a bonus to the roll, so retirement should be pretty rare to begin with.

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
I posted it on the bugtracker as well, but maybe someone here can help?

I can't load my campaign file and can't figure out why from the log.

Edit:
Thanks to some help on the bugtracker I can load my game again. A refit was at fault.
« Last Edit: 04 July 2019, 14:46:29 by Rince Wind »

SteveRestless

• Major
Asking again before I make a bug report. Does anyone know if ASFs not getting vision of opposing forces in double-blind is intentional?
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
Asking again before I make a bug report. Does anyone know if ASFs not getting vision of opposing forces in double-blind is intentional?

For ground units? If so I believe so. Do not have the rules handy though. From what I have observed is that if you fly directly over a unit it is revealed. Depending on what sensors the aircraft is using it may be able to spot unrevealed units out to a couple of hexes from its flight path.

SteveRestless

• Major
It seems to be happening for both Aero and Ground units.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Data file errors:

Cougar X, Cougar X 2, and Cougar X 3 (RS 3145 NTNU) are all currently Mixed Inner Sphere.  Each needs to be changed to Mixed Clan.  Nothing else needs to be changed, though the mechs need the innate free Clan CASE to have proper BVs and I'm not sure if that's instantly added when you toggle the tech base on an existing unit file.

Thanks as always for your work.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
After a Convoy Rescue you don't get a bonus for the rescued units.
Too bad, as only one didn't make it out. (Why did he have to drive his hover into the woods again? There weren't even any enemies close by.  :D)

dgorsman

• Captain
After a Convoy Rescue you don't get a bonus for the rescued units.
Too bad, as only one didn't make it out. (Why did he have to drive his hover into the woods again? There weren't even any enemies close by.  :D)

Change the pilot risk settings for that bot.  They'll avoid making risky turns for the most part.
- The Society

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
I set them to escape. The hover never had a chance because of all the woods.  By turn 16 one (primitive Wasp) had made it out.

But next time I'll have a look at the risk setting as well.  :thumbsup:

Alvar

• Recruit
SRM/LRM Carrier (Primitives) are introduced in 2440, but the SRM/LRM Carrier is introduced 2407. This doesn't make any sense. So I checked Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged & Technical Readout: 3039, but there is no introduction year for SRM/LRM Carrier listed. In the Record Sheets: 3039 p. 72/73 the introduction year is listed at 2500.