Author Topic: Yorinaga Kurita's Warhammer (2nd Sword of Light on Mallory's World)  (Read 2780 times)

StuartYee

• Lieutenant
  • "Now, let's add a couple of happy Death Commandos"
As an officer in the 2nd Sword of Light during their action on Mallory's world in 3013 resulting in First Prince Ian Davion's death, Yorinaga Kurita piloted a warhammer.

Question: Other than the traditional Sword of Light paint scheme, does anyone know if Yorinaga's Warhammer had any other distinguishing marks or modifications?
"I can't save his life, it's too embarrassing!" - Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC SSC

billtfor3

• Lieutenant
  • Smashing Liao and Kurita since 3025!
His Whammy is a K variant, and nothing else special mentioned.
SGT Mark McKinnon, Recon Lance McKinnon's Company, 7th Crusis Lancers, Federated Suns

serrate

• Warrant Officer
The second battalion of the 2nd SoL also displays the flag of Kentares across the back upper-right torso of it's mechs. This was the unit that Yorinaga commanded. Of course, that detail is unit-wide and not specific to Yorinaga's Warhammer.

FedCom4Ever

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • NW Classic Battletech
    • Northwest Classic Battletech
The WHM-6K removed the machine guns. I guess you could remove those from the mini. That would make it fit the record sheet.
Catalyst Demo Team Member #68
Visit Northwest Classic Battletech on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/FedCom4ever
My Battletech Photos:
http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/Giskard01/FedCom4Ever%20Painted%20Battlemechs/

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
The novel however specifically mentions machineguns..

Quote from: Warrior: Coupé , p62
Yorinaga stared up at the Bloodmoon. “Every weapon missed. PPC beams flashed wide of the target, reducing the ground they hit to molten glass. My SRMs flew out in a haphazard spread, bracketing the Archer but doing no damage. My lasers shot short or high at their own whim, and my machine guns chattered away impotently. Panic rose in me as the heat buildup spiked within the cockpit, but it was not the heat that alarmed me. Somehow I had missed my foe!

FedCom4Ever

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • NW Classic Battletech
    • Northwest Classic Battletech
I was just going off the record sheet for his mech from the Mallory's Wold scenario pack. The non machine gun variant may have been used during the battle with Prince Ian. Perhaps he changed back to a normal 6R afterwards.
Catalyst Demo Team Member #68
Visit Northwest Classic Battletech on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/FedCom4ever
My Battletech Photos:
http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/Giskard01/FedCom4Ever%20Painted%20Battlemechs/

billtfor3

• Lieutenant
  • Smashing Liao and Kurita since 3025!
More likely, he lost the 6K when Daniel Allard suicided his Valkyrie onto it during the battle on Styx, and that lead to him changing to the 6R.
SGT Mark McKinnon, Recon Lance McKinnon's Company, 7th Crusis Lancers, Federated Suns

wackrabbit

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • Who wants some, Doc?

True, according to HTP Mallory's World, it was a WHM-6K. Novel fiction, however, trumps sourcebook fiction, according to the Herb, therefore, I modeled his Whammy as a WHM-6R
If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always got

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
Maybe his techs loaded his machine guns with blanks as a joke that day?  :D
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
More likely, he lost the 6K when Daniel Allard suicided his Valkyrie onto it during the battle on Styx, and that lead to him changing to the 6R.
the novel bit is part of Yorinaga's  'flashback' to the events of the Mallory's World battle.. so he was piloting a WHM-6R back then. given that both he and morgan kell claimed to have gone over that battle hundreds of times mentally while they were in their respective monasteries, it seems unlike that yorinaga mis-remembered..

StuartYee

• Lieutenant
  • "Now, let's add a couple of happy Death Commandos"
The second battalion of the 2nd SoL also displays the flag of Kentares across the back upper-right torso of it's mechs. This was the unit that Yorinaga commanded. Of course, that detail is unit-wide and not specific to Yorinaga's Warhammer.

Thanks gents! I nearly forgot the Kentares flag bit!

Thank all of you as well for chiming in, even if I didn't quote you.
"I can't save his life, it's too embarrassing!" - Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC SSC