Author Topic: Today's Stupid Question (or at least my first of the day): What is N Scale?  (Read 2575 times)

Saatch

• Lieutenant
Are those the plastic minis you get in booster packs and such for the Dark Age game? So, a little larger?

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N_scale

Yeah the DA stuff was N-scale and the regular metal minis are Z-scale.

There's also a ton of other stuff in N-scale to get classic Unseen mechs to go with your 3100+ forces.

spaceman spiff

• Warrant Officer
  • We will deal with your rebel farmers soon enough..
if you are interested in N-scale, this info may help, too:

N-scale= any mini/ model between 1:200 and 1:144 scale would be acceptable. also, the "official" tabletop gaming scale would be considered 10mm. i have found that some 15mm vehicles can convincingly pass for this scale as well.
Spaceman has his own blog now!
http://spaceman-spiff-studio.blogspot.com/

Cergorach

• Master Sergeant
Are those the plastic minis you get in booster packs and such for the Dark Age game? So, a little larger?
Some of the DA miniatures were a little small, but generally that is the size of the miniatures. My Warhammers are around 9cm tall, around twice the size of your regular sized CBT gaming miniatures. I tend to aim for 1:144.

Thorsdad

• Sergeant
  • If winning does not matter why keep score?

Not to mention you can readily find model railroad stuff in N scale,

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
Yeah, technically N-scale is something like 1:144-1:160 in the most commonly produced materials but what it refers to is a specific width of model railroad gauge.

Us wargamers can make due pretty easily. Not like there's a stringent standard for scale that is applied by an overhead body. Just because somebody calls something 1/144 scale vs 1/200 scale between different manufacturers (Banpresto/Takara) doesn't even mean they will be different sizes in the actual product.

Gotta say I'm loving my new stash of DA stuff. I'm getting CMG fever now though, an ailment I thought I had conquered 11 years ago when I swore off CCG's after spending mountains of cash in middle school. Every chassis will be MINE! }:)

Paint it Pink

• Warrant Officer
  • Pink Panther Battalion: The Gritty Kitty's
    • Paint it Pink
I'm with the you can call it whatever scale you want, but at the end of the day it will all be down to what you think looks right, because the scale of the metal mech miniatures varies so wildly that it makes a nonsense of any attempt to literally match the rules scale with the "whatever the scale" the miniature was made in. YMMV though.
« Last Edit: 24 March 2011, 17:22:18 by Paint it Pink »
The unseen once seen cannot be unseen

http://panther6actual.blogspot.com/

Kos

• Master Sergeant
Okay what scale is microarmor then?

General308

• Captain
Okay what scale is microarmor then?
1:285

Register