Author Topic: A matter of Rank?  (Read 1643 times)

Black_Knyght

• Captain
  • Nisi mors certum est in bello
A matter of Rank?
« on: 24 October 2017, 01:20:11 »
I've been trying to do some research concerning the merger of the Lyran Commonwealth and the Federated Suns into the Federated Commonwealth.

One of the snags I've run into involves Military Rank within the Federated Commonwealth. I couldn't find anything specific in the PDFs that I have, and Sarna.net says the following:

"Following the formation of the Federated Commonwealth, the rank systems of both the Lyran Commonwealth and the Federated Suns were merged into a single structure."

My question here is WHAT was the single structure it merged into? Was it the LCAF ranks, or the AFFS ranks? Was it something else altogether? Where might I find this information?

Decoy

• Captain
Re: A matter of Rank?
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2017, 01:22:00 »

Black_Knyght

• Captain
  • Nisi mors certum est in bello
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2017, 03:04:47 »
Thanx!

Try as I might I just could not find that. Easy enough to find details on the ranks of each of the two, but their merged ranks just kept eluding me.

I'm going to go out on a limb and for the sake of simplifying research assume the AFFC uses the enlisted and NCO ranks of the AFFS, since the enlisted and NCO ranks of the LCAF and the AFFS are fairly similar with the minor exception that the AFFS has just a few more "specific"  enlisted or NCO ranks than the LCAF.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2017, 05:55:40 »
Field Manual Federated Suns has the combined rank structures in a chart as well as Field Manual Lyran Alliance. They have their own individual structures as well as a chart for both on pages 29 and 33 respectively of the physical copies.

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 25 October 2017, 00:27:52 »
Thanx!

Try as I might I just could not find that. Easy enough to find details on the ranks of each of the two, but their merged ranks just kept eluding me.

I'm going to go out on a limb and for the sake of simplifying research assume the AFFC uses the enlisted and NCO ranks of the AFFS, since the enlisted and NCO ranks of the LCAF and the AFFS are fairly similar with the minor exception that the AFFS has just a few more "specific"  enlisted or NCO ranks than the LCAF.

Just below that chart there's a color picture, it opens up to the officer and enlisted ranks in the AFFC.
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 27 October 2017, 10:56:13 »
Just below that chart there's a color picture, it opens up to the officer and enlisted ranks in the AFFC.

Isn't correct.

Quote from: FM Lyran Alliance
Marshal of the armies
Field Marshal
Marshal
Hauptmann General
Leftenant General
Kommandant
Hauptmann
Leftenant

Sergeant Major
Sergeant
Corporal
Private
Recruit

Is correct.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #6 on: 27 October 2017, 23:44:03 »
IIRC you can also find the combined ranks in the 20 Year Update as well as the MW2/MW3 RPG books?

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 28 October 2017, 04:11:57 »
IIRC you can also find the combined ranks in the 20 Year Update as well as the MW2/MW3 RPG books?

Yeah, same table is in 20 Year update (I checked).