Author Topic: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn  (Read 137117 times)

Maelwys

• Major
Re: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn
« Reply #1260 on: 09 April 2024, 19:42:01 »
They had access to the Golem according to the MUL (and Elemental, Elemental (Space), and Salamander for the rest)

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #1261 on: 10 April 2024, 00:51:30 »
They had access to the Golem according to the MUL (and Elemental, Elemental (Space), and Salamander for the rest)

I am sure they salvaged a lot of Corona from the Star Adders, as well...
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #1262 on: 10 April 2024, 12:10:49 »
So here is a question for everybody to quarrel over. After the War of Reavings how much of the defeated Society gear do you think the Blood Spirits gathered up for there own use? I know most of the gear would have been seen as Dezgra but the need to rebuild would outweigh the urge to strip and destroy usable Protomechs and Battlemechs as well as SL era armor and equipment.

This has nothing to do with my getting a bunch of Boggarts and Sprites...
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #1263 on: 10 April 2024, 12:15:14 »
I know most of the gear would have been seen as Dezgra but the need to rebuild would outweigh the urge to strip and destroy usable Protomechs and Battlemechs as well as SL era armor and equipment.

That's the answer right there, IMO. The Spirits, despite their own deviations, certainly aren't going to look kindly on the Society or its dezgra equipment. I could see them taking in the stuff that the Clans were okay with using, but not the blacklisted stuff. Else we'd have likely heard about it when the Adders wiped them out, I think; such things would've just spurred them on further to Annihilate them.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1264 on: 10 April 2024, 14:13:33 »
I’d want to check WoR Supplemental again for the dates. There was a blurb in there about the Clans using Society gear and they agreed to use the ‘Pariah’ but not Cepheleus (sp?) because it’s not a true combat mech, and the Osteon was a maybe because of the ingrained Nova CEWS. But I don’t know if that predates their destruction.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1265 on: 10 April 2024, 17:57:53 »
I’d want to check WoR Supplemental again for the dates. There was a blurb in there about the Clans using Society gear and they agreed to use the ‘Pariah’ but not Cepheleus (sp?) because it’s not a true combat mech, and the Osteon was a maybe because of the ingrained Nova CEWS. But I don’t know if that predates their destruction.

I'm not sure if that agreement was before or after the Blood Spirits ended up in front of the Adders guns.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #1266 on: 10 April 2024, 18:18:45 »

The Grand Council voted on this in 3081, FYI, and only the Septicemia wasn't outlawed from use. All the Clans also shunned the Boggart, so there's no reason to think the Spirits would have adopted it. It does however note that the Clans' severe military depletion did allow them to use what they were able to salvage off the battlefield (this was specifically regarding ProtoMechs), but this was before the WoR Supplemental, which is where continuing usage was sorted out with the Grand Council.

So yes, there's a little bit of wiggle room there if one wanted to field these Protos with the Spirits in limited numbers, but given that the Spirits withdrew from the Homeworlds post-WoR and certainly wouldn't have fielded them before then (not with the Vipers purifying everyone's taints), the window seems kinda small to me (i.e., during the initial Cobra/Lion/Coyote seizures on Haven and Honor and their shortly-thereafter Annihilation by the Adders).
« Last Edit: 10 April 2024, 18:23:45 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

alex blood spirit

• Sergeant
« Reply #1267 on: 19 April 2024, 11:08:59 »
Any ideas on  a new clan totem

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1268 on: 19 April 2024, 12:26:24 »
Any ideas on  a new clan totem

Totem? As in a new symbol? Or Totem Mech?

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #1269 on: 19 April 2024, 12:45:31 »
You could go with one of the horned lizards that squirts blood from its eyes.

"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #1270 on: 19 April 2024, 15:12:39 »
The Spirits' unofficial "totem" appears to be the blood kite (as in the actual predatory bird, as seen in Upsilon's logo), and since we've seen Mechs like the Stooping Kite, the Crimson Hawk and the eponymous Blood Kite itself, it stands to reason that any further "totem Mech" designs from the Spirits would almost certainly fall along similar lines.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #1271 on: 19 April 2024, 15:58:27 »
a sword ... a claymore!

I'm thinking a Knight, like a black knight ... or even The Black Knight.

None Shall Pass.

... you pansies!
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

alex blood spirit

• Sergeant
« Reply #1272 on: 19 April 2024, 18:36:25 »
new totem ,mech maybe any ideas other then the Blood Kite

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #1273 on: 19 April 2024, 19:57:59 »
new totem ,mech maybe any ideas other then the Blood Kite

a "Blood Knight" ... 75ton Black Knight OmniMech.  With a sword in a config or two. (nothing more, or else we get sent to the design boards ... but, I have a whole MML file about doing this)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1274 on: 20 April 2024, 10:17:24 »
An Omni-Version of the Black Knight would be pretty badass. Really drive it home would be the chest has the Blood Spirit logo sculpted right on it.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #1275 on: 20 April 2024, 10:36:30 »
An Omni-Version of the Black Knight would be pretty badass. Really drive it home would be the chest has the Blood Spirit logo sculpted right on it.

oooh nice.  I think there's an IS version? or maybe it was from the click-tech stuff or a MW game.  I know there's the Spirit Walker, but it's not the same thing ... well kinda, but the Coyote's went a different mystical route with it.

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #1276 on: 20 April 2024, 13:39:50 »
Well, there has ever been a totem;
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Blood_Spirit_(species)

:wink:
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #1277 on: 20 April 2024, 19:09:56 »
oooh nice.  I think there's an IS version? or maybe it was from the click-tech stuff or a MW game.  I know there's the Spirit Walker, but it's not the same thing ... well kinda, but the Coyote's went a different mystical route with it.
It is a Black Knight omni...with thinner rear armors which imply it was made for dueling 1 on 1
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #1278 on: 21 April 2024, 08:21:44 »
what was the source? comp game or clix?

duh, nm.  I need to read more closely (thanks Hobbes).  Spirit Walker is an omni.  I think us BS-ers need to reskin the mech!  Trial of *insert* for complete control.
« Last Edit: 21 April 2024, 08:26:16 by Wolf72 »

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1279 on: 21 April 2024, 18:26:29 »
what was the source? comp game or clix?

duh, nm.  I need to read more closely (thanks Hobbes).  Spirit Walker is an omni.  I think us BS-ers need to reskin the mech!  Trial of *insert* for complete control.

First I have heard of the Spirit Walker! A definite must for the Blood Spirits in some way or fashion.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #1280 on: 21 April 2024, 19:26:09 »
Erm, as per Master Units List, the Blood Spirits have it ever since it was developed until the End in 3084.

We should have more of it. It use standard engine and standard armor, but with omni tech. It use Endo steel I think.
« Last Edit: 21 April 2024, 19:31:09 by HobbesHurlbut »
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #1281 on: 21 April 2024, 19:39:39 »
And someone did up a Spirit Walker mini (not hard to do if you use a Black Knight mini) in Blood Spirits color.
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=80441.0

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #1282 on: 22 April 2024, 15:27:54 »
lol, I've commented on that.

it looks awesome.