Author Topic: (Answered) Bimodal LAMs  (Read 2169 times)

Darkside99x

• Private
(Answered) Bimodal LAMs
« on: 06 October 2019, 14:28:45 »
How do we change back to mech mode?

The rules state that a fighter changing to a mech crashes but a bimodal mech can't land safely as an airmech so what gives?
« Last Edit: 08 October 2019, 13:14:55 by nckestrel »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Bimodal LAMs
« Reply #1 on: 06 October 2019, 16:19:53 »
(correcting my confusion).

The fighter has to land on the ground, as a fighter.  Then it can change to a 'mech.
« Last Edit: 06 October 2019, 18:29:54 by nckestrel »
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Darkside99x

• Private
« Reply #2 on: 07 October 2019, 14:52:59 »
Did the rules for that make it into the commanders edition?  That was my assumption on what to do but couldn't find said rule.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 07 October 2019, 15:10:24 »
The LAM rules have not changed at all.

There is a rule that says you crash "if a unit converts from fighter to battlemech mode while airborne".  There is no such rule for converting from fighter to battlemech mode while not airborne.  There are rules for landing a fighter, that's how your fighter becomes not airborne.  When your fighter is not airborne, you can ignore the rule about crashing from converting from fighter to battlemech mode while airborne.
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Darkside99x

• Private
« Reply #4 on: 07 October 2019, 18:03:57 »
The only reference to landing i could find in the commanders edition seems to solely reference airships and dropships in the optional rules section.

I will have a hunt for my original AS/Companion books and see how it's laid out there.

Cheers.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 08 October 2019, 13:14:40 »
ASCE p141, Aerodyne Units.  "While on the ground, aerodyne-type aerospace units (including conventional and aerospace fighters).." and then the next subsections are Aerodyne LiftOff and Aerodyne Landing.